Copyright (c) 2014 by JH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JH -- Blogmeister

7th period Spring 2013

by JH

If I could do one thing to change the world, I would try to stop world hunger. Millions of people are affected by hunger around the world. This is a big problem that needs to be solved. I think that I could do it with help. This is an important issue for me. Anyone can change the world if they set their mind on it.

Article posted May 2, 2013 at 04:19 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 53

I watched a video about drones. Drones are unmanned aircraft that can fly around with computer programming. Many universities, such as UPenn, are trying to make drones for campus security and other purposes. Someone even made a hoax about delivering tacos with drones instead of deliverymen. The drone experts at UPenn say that commercial drones could be flying all around us in 2015. This impacts our life because drones will make our lives safer and introduce many new technologies into our world. In the Middle Ages, they made new technologies like catapults and chemical warfare. I think drones will be very useful in the next few years.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/studentnews/sn-transcript-wed/index.html

Article posted April 25, 2013 at 03:22 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 58

I think there is a big difference between religion and spirituality. Religion is a group that often tries to separate themselves from everyone else. Religion is based off a strict set of rules. Religion is what you believe in. Spirituality is everyone together. Spirituality is just being spiritual. Everyone can be spiritual, even if they don't have the same religion. You can be religious but not spiritual. I believe a good religious person is also spiritual.

I learned a lot about the middle ages this week. Religion influenced a lot of things they did. They even had wars called the Crusades over who should rule the Holy Land. Politics were also important during the Middle Ages. There were many good kings. Feudalism was used in the middle ages. Feudalism was a system of service. The kings would give land to all his servants and the servants would work for the king. A lot of the things we use today were started in the middle ages. I enjoyed learning about the middle ages.

What is Culture?

I think culture is a way of expressing yourself. Culture can be many different things. It can be the way you talk, sing, dance, dress, and many others. I think that culture is important to our society today. It helps different groups of people interact with each other because they have differences, but also similarities. Culture is a great way to communicate with other people and bring each other closer together.

Mockingjay

"Times New Roman""> 

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">        Mockingjay is the third book in the series “The Hunger Games.In this book, Katniss Everdeen, Gale Hawthorne, Peeta Mellark, and others are in a war with the Capitol. They are fighting for their freedom and to get rid of the Hunger Games. Katniss is the rebels’ only hope to win. She has won the Hunger Games and lots of people like her, so she will gain support from people around the country. This is a very good book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes action, adventure, or science fiction.   

Prejudice

I think that prejudice can be found in schools. People might judge you just because you are a different race or act different. Prejudice can also be found around the community. Prejudice is wrong. It is not right to treat people different than others. God made every one of us and none of us should be looked down on.

Most warfare that was fought in England was long and costly sieges. Some of the weapons they used in war were swords and flails. They usually wore doublets and suits of armor. In the Campaign of Crécy in 1346, Edward the III and his army invaded Normandy with an army between twelve thousand and sixteen thousand. Over half of them were longbow men. Edward led his army on a chevauchée, which is a horse ride or plundering raid. The Black Prince, (Edward, prince of Wales) invaded France again after their victory and Crécy. They were facing a general so ugly,(Bertrand de Guesclin) he was called a hog in armor. But the British won again. The English also fought a war called the Hundred Years’ War. It was fought between Britain and France. The first important battle took place at sea, off the Flemish port of Sluys. On their ships, England carried 4000 men at arms and 12000 archers.        

Sources:

Chrisp, Peter. Warfare. Farmington Hills: Hodder Wayland, 2004. Print.

"Hundred Years' War." Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.

Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 2012. Web. 2 Feb. 2012.

<http://school.eb.com/eb/article-9041532>.

Nelson, Lynn. "The Hundred Years' War, 1336-1453." The Hundred Years' War, 1336-1453. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 Feb 2012. <http://www.vlib.us/medieval/lectures/hundred_years_war.html>.
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">

Pressure

A real life situation in which success or failure has depended upon the performance of a single person happens sometimes in sports. It happens sometimes in baseball when there are two outs, bases loaded and the star hitter is up. Sometimes in football it’s 4th and long, and 5 seconds left and they run a Hail Mary. It is hard to get through those times, but God will help us.

The Noble Experiment

I think that athletes should be good role models, because they are famous and have a big influence on people. I don’t think athletes should do bad things like taking steroids or drugs. I think most athletes are a great inspiration to everyone. I don’t think athletes should be judged by their race.