Article posted December 9, 2012 at 04:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 140

Have you ever been hit by a hurricane? Have you ever lost clothes, food, water, all of your belongings, and even your house due to a hurricane? In November 2012, the northeastern part of America was hit by hurricane. Hundreds of thousands of people lost power for weeks due to that hurricane. Inches even feet of water flooded peoples homes. People losing all they had. Some even had to steal food, clean water, and blankets out of the people's houses that weren't effected. Sandy effected states like New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Connecticut, and West Virginia. This devestating tradegy has destroyed islands, flooded beaches, destroyed piers, and much more. For more information, click here.

A world without pictures would be life changing. There wouldn't be as many memories. If you are with your friends and that was the last you got to ever see them, you probably wouldn't remember it later on in your life. You wouldnt remember if they were a good friend to you or not. I can barely see how a life without pictures would be like.

Article posted October 3, 2012 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

I predict that Chiara will die and and then Silvano will be accused of murder again. He will be put into jail and die, then be accused of suicide. This connects to the Middle Ages because to me, Silvano and his litte sister seem to be poor. They must be in the peasants/serfs. 

Learning about the science in the Middle Ages was very interesting. I researched about the tools that they used back then to cut and sharpen metal and wood, the different types of medicine that were used, the types illnesses and sicknesses that occured back then, the weapons that were used during wars, what their thoughts were about the sicknesses, and many other things too. They used tools such as an auger, a chisel, a hammer, a trowel, axes, and rakes. They didn't really call medicine anything back then. If someone in the village was having a headache, then they would just mix some certain herbs and plants together to make a medicine that helped headaches. Think about it. Some of this information is just like the things that we use today. We use tools even though they are now even more high-tech and we still use medicine to this day but we now all medicines have a name. This time period has invented so many new things that all we have done is improved them. 

Article posted August 22, 2012 at 07:20 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 57

I am very interested about my individual focus; which is science. I know a lot about science because of learning about it in school. Last year, I thought that science was very interesting because we did a lot of fun experiments. I would like to learn about the experiments that they did back in the Middle Ages. I was thinking about researching things on the internet and learn a lot of different things about science in the Middle Ages.

Article posted March 29, 2012 at 02:46 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 67

"Through My Eyes: A Quarterback’s Journey" is written by Tim Tebow with Nathan Whitaker. This book is about a regular kid like you and me that becomes one of the most religious and best quarterbacks in the country. It starts off with him being homeschooled with his brothers and sisters, and having a fantastic life. His family grows closer to God every step of the way and their friends look up to them as Christian role models. Tebow plays football at a school near his farm and decides that football is his passion. He wants to play football for the rest of his life. In everything he does, he does it for the LORD. This book really inspired me to grow closer to God and to do service for people in need. You will have to read the book to figure out the rest! ☺

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

My topic for my ‘Girl in a Cage’ research project was the Declaration of Arbroath. The Declaration of Arbroath is a treaty that the Scottish nobles and clergy wrote to the Pope John XXII of England that was supposedly written by Bernard of Kilwinning, Chancellor of Scotland, and Abbot of Arbroath. It was a statement of independence and freedom from Scotland, who was trying to become an emerging country. This declaration is also known as the Declaration of Independence (in Scotland). When it was being sent to the Pope John XXII, they sealed the letter with eight earls and thirty-one barons. This is the things that I learned about the Declaration of Arbroath.

Resources:

Meek, James. "The Land and People of Scotland." Declaration of Arbroath. 1st. New York City: HarperCollins Publishers, 1990. Print.

Unknown. "Wikipedia." Declaration of Arbroath. Unknown: Unknown, Web. 2 Feb 2012. <[LINK]>.

Unknown. "Scot Clans." Declaration of Arbroath. Web. 2 Feb 2012. <[LINK]>.

Prejudice could be found in a lot more places back then it could today. Back then; people would have slaves and servants without them being paid. Today, we don’t have slaves and if we have servants there are most likely to be paid. Prejudice is not a good thing. You can find prejudice at your school, at home, or at the places where you do extra curriculum sports and things.

If I was playing a basketball game, and the score is 23-23 and one of my friends had two free throws to win the game, I think that they would think that if they don’t make these two shots then nobody would like them and never to talk to them again. Maybe they would think people would make fun of them because they couldn’t make two shots.

Professional athletes should be role models because some little kids look up to them as role models so I suggest that they should be good people. Now and days, people are being evil and crucial to others. We don’t need anymore people like that. If a little boy looks up to a MBL player and the baseball player is a very bad person, neither will the little boy.