Copyright (c) 2014 by CB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CB -- Blogmeister

6th period Spring 2013

by CB

Article posted May 10, 2013 at 02:27 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 126

Mrs. Kinser always says that "you can change the world for one person." You don't have to change the world for every person who needs it, but you can change just one person's life and it can change the world. I would like to go to Africa like Katie Davis did in Kisses from Katie and help the kids who have been abused, abandoned, or hungry. If I have enough money to start a school, I would like to do that, but I probably won't have enough money. I wouldn't want to start a new ministry to help kids, I would just help Katie's ministry become more and more sucessful. I can change the world for more kids who need homes and a loving family. I learned that many people in the Renaissance were missionaries and went to help other people, and I can do that too. 

Article posted May 1, 2013 at 07:43 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 69

A current event today is the Netherlands queen stepped down. She was done with the job and wanted a new generation to take over, so she gave it to her son. We can compare this to the MIDDLE AGES & the RENAISSANCE because they had new kings and queens and popes and dictators switch in and out very often. That was a very common custom for them to have a new leader every so often. 

My link:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/world/europe/netherlands-abdication/index.html

Article posted April 24, 2013 at 07:28 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 63

There is a difference between religion and spirituality, but they are very similar and sometimes people even get them confused. Religion is a firm statement in what you believe in, and it is associated with a name (such as Christians, Muslim, Jewish, Hindus, etc). Religion has rules, instructions, and rituals. Spirituality is about how to be more like God, show compassion, and love others as your God would want you to. People do not fight over spirituality, but religion. The two can seem similar, but now you know some of the ways of how they are different.

In a world without pictures, life would be very different than it is today. Today we are surrounded by advertisements, signs, postcards, images, etc. Pictures help us learn about things we need to know in life. Have you heard the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words?" That is what pictures do for us; they describe and explain things easier than words. So, in a world without pictures, we would have to communicate with many words, advertise by audio, and I don't know how they could replace sign for the roads. We need pictures in our life, so a world without pictures would be hard to imagine. 

I learned that the Middle Ages had a lot of ups and downs. At first people in the Islamic World were very successful and exchanged a lot, but then they were hit by the Black Death. 1/3 of the population died, and the horror of it lasted forever. Throughout the thought of it all, philosophers still kept the word of God in people and gave them encouragement. Philosophers found connections between God and man, and heaven and Earth. The Islamic World was the main flourishing nation in the time of the Middle Ages; Europe was almost dead (not really surviving). 

Culture is the way people of a society or group act and live. If I went to Africa or Mexico, we would act and live differently than we do here in America. Culture does not have to be divided and decided by different countries, or even states. Even different families have different ways of doing things than maybe even their next door neighbor. We live by our culture in our house and environment, but not always. If you go to another person's house or different country, you live and act like they would to show respect.

Theme Summary Paragraph

The theme in the book I read, Deep, Dark, and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn, was obedience. You don't find this theme until the middle-end of the book. At first the main character, Ali, really wants to go the lake with her Aunt Dulcie, but her mom says no. Ali, Aunt Dulcie, and Emma (Ali's cousin) insist and they all go without Ali's mom Claire. Bad things happen and Emma and Ali almost die at the lake. You have to read the book if you want to find out how they die and all of their adventures at the lake. By the way, this is a ghost story. When you read the book you will find out also how the theme of obedience works in a lot at the end. This theme really shows that you should show obedience to any person, not just your parents, because usually they are right even though you may not think so at first.

John Comyn was a man in Scotland in the 1300s who was rivals with Robert the Bruce. They both wanted to become the king of Scotland. Robert the Bruce wanted to get rid of his rival so he could then become the king. They wanted to both be loyal to Scotland so they didn't want to do anything bad. But one day in a church, Robert the Bruce snuck up on John Comyn and then fought until Robert the Bruce finally won when he killed John. Robert became the king, but he didn't tell anyone  so he loyalty would go away.

At the end of the basketball season we have a tournament to see who will win. My team was in the championship against another team to win the game. The game was tied and there were just a few seconds left in the game. This girl was just about to shoot a foul shot to help us win the game. She was not very good and usually didn't make many of her shots. We were all ready to rebound it if she missed. She shot it... and then she made it! We were so happy and proud of her. 

Through her mind she probably felt nervous and had a lot of pressure on her because she was deciding the result of the game. 

We should expect professional athletes to be good examples and role models. A lot of people are inspired by what the pros do. If the pros are not good role models, others will take that into their own hands and be bad themselves. If the pros are good role models, than others may be good as well. We need a country full of good people and role models and not bad people.