Copyright (c) 2014 by Mathew H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mathew H -- Blogmeister

Welcome to 'Area 9' class blog. We are a class of 30 super Year 6 students. A few students blogging for the first time and others clear experts in this field. Please feel free to share our experiences and comment on our individual learning journeys.

by Mathew H teacher: Helen Taylor

Article posted September 26, 2012 at 05:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

The Forensic science session was hosted by Mr Lewis who is a scientist and he is the father of Even Lewis at our school.

My fingerprints were mostly loops but i did get one whorl and one arch.

The session went on for 1 hour (from 8:50 to 9:50.) Mr Lewis had an assisstent with him when he came and she was their to help us out with the sheet we were given. I did my sheet with Jemma and we took it in turns to use the led. We were told to get a led pencil and a tiny piece of paper and we were told to rub our finger in it to get the led on it so then the patterns would stand out when we placed it on the paper. Mr Lewis showed us a powerpoint he made for us about Forensic science.

Article posted September 26, 2012 at 04:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

My role in the assembly was a basket person and their was 8 of us, our role was to pick up the jackets of the athletes and to walk formally.

My line was: "The closing ceremony is a celebration for the end of the 17 days Olympics." "It is an opportunity to celebrate the records and success of the athletes and their countries." "It is an opportunity for leading countries to celebrate their medal tally, and for the host country to show their organisation and national unity.

My favourite part was the slow option running.

Article posted September 26, 2012 at 04:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

My term 3 Targets are:

1.To get my homework done earlier then Sunday, which is the day it is usually started and completed on.

2.Do more Mathletics at home and don't do online Mathletics at home so I can get more categories done at home.

3.I want to do more in Literacy and make it more neat and a lot more quality in it and a lot more effort.

Article posted September 26, 2012 at 04:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

Queenie, the Indian elephant was transported to Melbourne Zoo in 1902 when she was 6 years old. Queenie did rides when she was 9 and she did them quite frequently. Queenie worked 6 days of the week, she didn't work on Mondays and when she did do her rides only children were allowed on Queenie.

Queenie had people queuing at her exhibit for hours just waiting to be able to have a ride on the newly famous Queenie. One boy was insulting Queenie and threw fruit at her but Queenie went to her water bucket and sprayed water at the little boy.

Later on in Queenie's life her zoo owner died from old age. Queenies new owner also died but people believe that Queenie Stepped on him Purposely well thats what the zoo owner and council believed. For that Queenie was only a exhibit, no longer could children ride on her and later on in her life Queenie order to be killed by the zoo owner

Article posted September 21, 2012 at 07:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

Ways of using capital letters.

At the start of a sentence.

At the beginning of a noun E.G Place, Name, Group.

At the beggining of a title.

Article posted September 21, 2012 at 07:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

My report

I would give myself an B for maths and a C for literacy.

I would give myslef an B because im good at multiplcation. I am also good at adding fractions and all things about shapes.

I would give myslef a C because im not good at literacy and i personaly hate the subject.

Forensic Science 09/25
Learning Journey 09/20
Assembly 09/20
Term 3 Targets 07/23
Queenie 07/23
Capital letters 06/20
reporting 06/04
Metaphors/Similes 05/08
Term 1 04/30
Forensic 09/25/12
Assembly 09/25/12
Term 3 Targets 09/25/12
Queenie 09/25/12
Capital Letters 09/21/12
Reporting 09/21/12