Copyright (c) 2014 by Valentina A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Valentina A -- Blogmeister

Valentina's Loveable Blog <3-

Welcome to 'Area 9' class blog. We are a class of 30 super Year 6 students. A few students blogging for the first time and others clear experts in this field. Please feel free to share our experiences and comment on our individual learning journeys.

by Valentina A teacher: Helen Taylor
Forensic Science 09/25
Learning Journey 09/20
Assembly 09/20
Term 3 Targets 07/23
Queenie 07/23
Capital letters 06/20
reporting 06/04
Metaphors/Similes 05/08
Term 1 04/30

Article posted September 30, 2012 at 04:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 106

Area 9 read the true story about Queenie.

The story is about an Indian elephant who was captured at the age of 6  from India and taken to Melbourne Zoo in 1902. Queenie would take people for ries everyday exept Mondays, which is her day off. On her day off Queenie would have some time to play and relax, and her keeper Mr Parsons would wash her.-----Wile Queenie would walk around carring people, children would leave apples and peanuts, but some  children stuck pins in her trunk and thought it was funny, but Queenie fought back and sprayed the kids with dirty water.

A few years later the zoo got a carousel  and children loved it but this doesn´t mean the children stopped loving Queenie, infact children thought Queenie was jelous of the carousel and wrote letters to her saying they still love her.

In 1944 Queenie´s keeper Wilfred Lawson  was in Queenie´s enclosure and bent down to pick up somthing and Queenie accedently stepped on him. A corener said that Queenie killed  Wilfred on perpose and the zoo owner had no choice but to destroy Queenie because he thought it would be to dangerous to have her in the zoo.

On Tuesday the 25th of September, Mr Lewis came in to area 9 to teach us about forensic science. He had a slideshow up on the interactive whiteboard all about forensic science and how its used.

Then Mr Lewis gave us a fun task to do with forensic science. What we had to do was with our partner we took turns taking fingerprints [but not with ink, with led] and puting it on sticky tape and sticking it on a sheet of paper that Mr Lewis gave us. Then we had to indicate what type of patern we had on each finger.

After that Mrs Taylor told usn to open a pages document and create a table on how many arcs,loops and worl paterns we had in the class

OMG tearm 3, already ? I CANT BELEIVE IT!!! Any way this years learning journey has been tough but I finally got through it. In this years Learning Journey my stregnths have been creating the actual slideshow presentation and the videos.My weaknesses in this years learning journey were having to find peaces of work and then to photograph it.

But to improve this I can finish more work so I have a big viarity of work to choose from so it wont be hard to  find work , and I can photograph the work with an actual camera not a computer. 

Article posted September 21, 2012 at 07:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

This years assembly was on the olympics.

I played the role of a box person.

My research was on the different equipment and I said: Along with the introduction and omission of various sports some sports have seen great changes in their equipment mostly in line with the development of stronger lighter clothing. For example Javlins where once wooden now steel and carbon fiber and lycra is now the major clothing material used for its flexability , support, ressistance and light weight effect.  

To improve this i would put more examples for changes in clothing material

Article posted August 3, 2012 at 06:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

1. To go from C grade to B grade

2. Finish work fast and correctly

3. Do more mathletics 

Article posted June 22, 2012 at 04:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

3 Ways To Use A Capital Letter

The first and most important way to use a capital letter is at the start of a sentance.

E.g  They went to the one direction concert.

The second way is for someones name

E.g Elizabeth want skateboarding 

And the third way is the name of a place 

E.g Megan went to NewYork

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

For mathematics I would give myself a C grade and for literacy I’d give myself a B grade.

I give this grade for mathematics because C means at expected level and I think that’s the stage that I’m at.

For literacy I grade myself a B because I’m getting much better at persuasive writing and using much more challenging words.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 09:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

Simile

"John slept like a log"

Metaphor

"Gwen is a singing expert"

Switched

"John is a sleepy log"

"Gwen sings like an expert"

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 09:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

My best achievement in term 1 was getting work of the week for my squared numbers.

My goals for term 2

•better mental maths scores

•improving in Literacy

•improving in science

In my curriculum i would like to go from 33% to over 50% in my grades.

I'm 12 years old. In school I do choir, Saturday morning netball. My favourite class in school is Literacy, Numeracy.