-

5th grade class learning with technology.

by teacher: Nancy Crosby
5th to summer! 05/30/12
Turtles 05/02/12
How I delt with.... 03/08/12
More Deforestation 01/11/12
Cruise!!!!!!!!!! 01/11/12
Holiday 12/07/11
OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11/17/11
Deforestation 10/26/11
pencils 10/06/11
Nickname 09/26/11
Fun in the sun and rain 06/23/11
4th/5th grade & Summer 06/01/11
Kindness 05/24/11
04/20/11
Dance 03/29/11
One Character 03/15/11
02/08/11
01/25/11

Article posted May 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM GMT • comment • Reads 84

Hi people! This is my last blog of the school year and I am telling you what I think I improved on in 5th grade and wat I'm doing over the summer.

One thing I think I improved on is my presentation skills, because now I speak up more (still in progress) and I'm a little more open and enthusiastic than I used to be ( also still in progress.)  One other thing I think I improved on was reading  because now I comprehend better and read more fluently than last year.

Oh and one thing I'm doing to do this summer is I'm.... GOING TO HAWAII !!!  Awesome right, well actually  I've gone there 5 times before but I'm still excited. You might be thinking lucky but trust me I'm going to have to fly on two LONG flights (not as long as the ones to Aruba). Another thing I'm doing this summer is a rock climbing camp at Rock Sport .

Well people I've got to go bye. Well I'll try to blog over the summer again bye.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

Turtles are animal that are dying out, so people try to save them. In the book Saving Sea Turtles people show teamwork, soul, kindness,diversity and risk.

Teamwork is shown because volunteers see turtle tracks and call a scientest who is nearbye, then the scientest digs up the area where the turtle was until he finds turtle eggs,when the eggs are out he/she brings the to a nesting site where the eggs will hatch, after they hatch the turtles will be taken to the beach and placed in the water while volunteers scare off any preditors.

Soul and kindness are shown because people are helping the sea turtle population grow. Diversity is shown  because people are changing the lives of sea turtles by giving up their time.There is risk in this because the eggs could get to cold or hot and the turtles could die before they hatch.

Those were five things that were show in the book.

Article posted March 9, 2012 at 03:51 AM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 44

Just like Kit I had to deal with something new more than one time but I'm just going to tell you the most resent one. Two weekends ago I had to go to a new church for the third time, and I wasn't happy about it. Some people would be excited about some place new but since the other churches I had been to had been horible (people ignored me, and made fun of me) I was terrified. Since I am shy around new people I don't make new friends real quickly I didn't talk in the beggining, but it turned out I didn't need to. The people there were so nice (and talked alot) so I didn't need to talk to much. I probably didn't deal with my situation the best ay but it turned out fine. Well stay tuned for more blogs.Bye!

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 04:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

Deforestation means the conversion of forested areas into non-forested areas. Deforestation means more paper, wood, and houses. Deforestation means killing plants, animals and habitats. Do we really want all of those things? (Even the good ones?)

I think deforestation needs to stop. Deforestation is when many trees are demolished. Deforestation even causes global warming because trees absorb greenhouse gasses that fuel global warming. Without trees the gasses can enter the atmosphere and cause severe global warming.

Man, fires and natural disasters are three ways deforestation happens. Many loggers cut roads through forests to make their jobs easier, but not caring about the environment not only is it going to cut down trees while making the road they will be able to cut trees easier which can wipe out many more trees, plants and animals.

Countries and continents like North and South America, the Philippines, Madagascar, and Central Africa are facing deforestation. Tropical forests are the forests that are in the most danger, because removing trees deprives forests of their canopies which lets harmful sun rays into a usually shady environment, which can hurt many plants and animals.

That is why I think deforestation has to stop!

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 04:02 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 53

Hello people two sundays ago ( 1-1-12 ) my family (my mom, dad, little sister, and grandparents) and I  stepped aboard the CARNIVAL  SPLENDOR!!!!  On board they had a water park, two pools (that kids were aloud in,the other one was for adults.)  For food they had 10 buffets (24,7) 3 dinning rooms (or  restaurants.) Our locations were Coba,and Porta Virta Mexico. On board there was also mini golf which when we played my sisters golf ball almost went over board if it hadn't hit the railing. They also had kids clubs, dance clubs ( one for 9,10, and 11 year olds, and one for 15,16, and 17 year olds)

Well hope you liked. Got to go bye!

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 04:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

One  day a couple years ago after Christmas we were about to take  down our tree when my mom yelled MOVE! Me and my sister jumped away as we heard a Crash! Our tree had just fallen over into the t.v. we moved the tree over and started sweeping up glass. About half of our ornaments had broken including one of my parents wedding ornament, a glass ball that was hand made, and many more ornamants. Luckily the the tree didn't smash the t.v. So this year we attached our tree holder to a platform so it wont tip. Well merry Christmas and a happy new year. Bye!

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

Have you ever been embarrassed? I have but it wasn't funny it hurt. On september 28th in the  middle of dance class I screemed. Everybody turned around at looked at me on the floor crying. They asked me what had happend so I told the that I had kicked to high and fell back words on to my wrist. The next day I went to get my wrist checked out, it turned out I had fractured my wrist. The doctor asked me how I hurt it so I told him. When I was done explaining he smirked and asked how can you brake a bone in dance with out being a crazy ( bad) dancer. I got so mad at him I wanted to hit him in the head with my cast, grabe his nose and twist it around until it came off. After that I hated to tell how I broke my arm because I was afraid someone would make fun of me and how I dance.

Tyler also was embarrassed to have to tell her teacher that she had no family tree because she was afraid someone would make fun of her. Well got to go bye.

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 04:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

I have  to write a blog on my topic for a year long project, and I have chosen deforestation. I think it is a problem because we breath air and trees make air, and if there was no trees in the world we wont be able to breath. Another problem is animals will lose their home's, and their populatoin will die out. I think it would also be really ugley with out trees ( since I live in a forest .) That is why I think  we should stop cutting down lots of trees . Got to go bye.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 01:11 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 50

I think mechanical pencils are better than regular pencils because you don’t have to keep on getting up to sharpen it and you can get more led if you run I out. Another reason is I think it looks nicer than regular pencils because they aren’t as flat or dull. Although mechanical pencils cost more they do come in more colors like pink, blue, red , and green and sometimes you can mix up the colors so they have a pink top and green bottom. Well time to go bye.  

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

Hi people  as ou can see from my title this blog is about my nickname. My nickname is Bugsy because my first halloween costume was a lady bug and my grandma used to sing me a song heres an example (of the song)  "I got bitten by the Kaitlynn bug the Kaitlynn bug the Kaitlynn bug.I got bitten by the Kaitlynn bug o so badley." Thats how I got my nickname. I really like my nickname but I don't love it enough to let my friends call me by it. I sill have this nickname and I think I will have it for a long time.well it's getting late so bye.