5th grade class learning with technology.

by teacher: Nancy Crosby

Article posted October 3, 2012 at 04:55 AM GMT • comment • Reads 162

Hi

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 02:44 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

One thing that I truly improved on during 5th grade was math. Last year a was pretty good at math but this year I got a lot better at it. Math is my favorite subject and that is why I am really good at math, but this year I really feel like I have improved a lot on it.

One thing that I will be doing this summer is going to Disnetworld. The day we get out of school we are going to run home, pack a few things, and go to the airport. We are then going to fly to San Fransisco. We are going to stay there for one night and then fly to Orlando, Florida.

There, we are going to go to Disneyworld, Kennedy Space Center, Animal Kindom, Universal Studios, and Blizzard beach.

Teamwork I think is very important and I like it because it has to do with helping other people.

Soul is also a good word but I like it because it piches in with kindness.

Kindness is another word that I like. I like it because it helps you with all of your life.

Diversity is a word I like. I like it because it mean that you are different from other people which is not always a good thing.

Risk is my favorite word. I like that because you never really know what is going to happen and that is what I like about it.

Article posted March 27, 2012 at 05:00 AM GMT • comment • Reads 115

Today I am going to tell you about all of the parades that I have been in. The first one I was in a red ferarri, the second I was in a stagecoach, and the third, I was throwing out candy and walking behind a stagecoach.

The first parade all that I remember was being in a cherry red ferarri and I was throwing out candy from the back of the ferarri.

The second time my dad won this mostly because he works for wells fargo so I was in a wells fargo stagecoach. We had to wake up really early to go up to Incline, where the parade was going to be held. We met up with the owner of the stagecoach and horses and we got in and got going. There were many different kinds of floats and other things but ours was the coolest, I think.

The last time, we weren't supposed to be in the parade but I had a friend that was in the parade and he let me be in the parade with him.

Okay! Well, that was my blog and I really hoped you liked it.

Article posted March 6, 2012 at 04:59 AM GMT • comment (9) • Reads 54

In Witch of Blackbird pond, Kit had to face a new situation in her life. It is just like the time when my parents divorced. It was super hard to get over it, and now I don’t think of it so often. I mean, I still think about it a lot but it is not as much now.

It all started about three years ago and my parents had a really big fight. After that, of course they went to the judge and they were officially divorced.

Later, we came up with this routine that my dad would have me one week, and then my mom would have me for one week. It turned out to work pretty well but if we kept doing that, my mom would have me for most of the holidays. Each holiday we would spend the morning with my dad, and afternoon with mom. That is how we spent our time.

Doing homework while having the divorce was by far the worst thing to do. Sometimes I would forget my homework at my mom’s house and I couldn’t get it back. Other times, I would have a sport and one parent would take me to it and the other would bring me back. That was bad because I would have my homework at the first house and would end up in the other.

Well, That was my blog and please comment.

Article posted January 10, 2012 at 04:27 AM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 53

Hi my fellow bloggers! I am blogging about a story of Las Vegas because I went there for Winter Break. I went there mostly to have fun and watch some shows. Also while we were there we went to go and see the Blue Man Group and that is what I was going to talk about. The Blue Man group is cool because first, they have their heads painted blue and they do some cool things from every-day objects. One of the things was dumping paint on a trash can and drumming on the can. That was cool because all of the paint that they dumped on the trash can would all go flying because they were drumming on it. They did some other things and even brought some people on stage. But the funniest thing that they did was, well, they didn't really mean to do it but it was still funny. When anyone was late and they saw them come in late, they would drop what they were doing, and look at the person that came in late. Then the band would start singing "Your late. Oh! Your late. Your late" in kind of opera voice.They would have the spotlight on them and everything! The time that that first happened they were just in the middle of launching a giant paint balloon with a slingshot at another blue headed bald guy on stage. Well, the last thing is that I got a cool picture of one of the blue headed bald guys after the show was over.

Well, that is it for my blog and if you get the chance, please comment.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 04:14 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 56

Hi my fellow bloggers! Today was the beginning of the new school week and of course we got some more assignments to do. Today I was supposed to tell about a holiday memory I had so I guess I will do it now.

A few years ago I had one of the funniest days of my life. It was coming close to Thanksgiving and I had my final baseball game t o play. It was really cold because we started playing at 7:00 pm. My family came over because we were hosting our Thanksgiving this year and they all decided to come over early enough to see my last game.

At the day of my last baseball game we all took our cars to the Yellow Library where the baseball game was being played. When my game was about to start I had already warmed up and was in the dugout getting my glove to go into the field. Then was the time that my family got in their seats and put blankets over themselves for heat. My coach and my opponents coach both went to the umpire to get to know the umpire and talk coach to coach. When they finished talking they started the game and I rushed onto the field.

The first batter came out of their dugout and the umpire yelled “Play Ball!” to the players. The pitcher threw the first pitch and the game started good for us because he hit the ball and the shortstop caught the ball. As all of the players switched teams for the next inning I rushed in and got ready to hit.

Here comes the embarrassing and funny part of the blog. As soon as I walked out into the batters box my family started to yell out things like “Look! That’s my little sweetie pie!” and “That’s my grandson!” I hit the ball so far in to the outfield that I got a homerun because when I started to run home and they were passing the ball to the catcher, the catcher dropped the ball and I barely made the run home. “Safe!” yelled the umpire after I made it home and when I stepped back into the dugout everyone patted me on the back and said “Good job! That was the best play I have seen yet!”

After the game was over and we were eating turkey the next afternoon, someone brought up my game and said “By the way he looked at us last night after the game I think he didn’t like us saying that’s my son and everything.” I looked at my grandpa and started to joke around. One of my jokes to that was “You really just thought about that!” and another was “You think!”

Well, that was the funniest day of my life and make sure to comment if you get the chance.

Article posted November 15, 2011 at 05:16 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 50

Hi my fellow bloggers! I have another blog for you. In the book The Family Tree Tyler was embarrassed to tell her teacher and class that she had no family tree to turn in. I have an embarrassing moment just like that that I would like to tell you about.

Last week I had my first ball boy game and it was pretty fun there. I became ball boy for the Wolf Pack basketball team and I have five more games as ball boy. I am not really sure why I am embarrassed to tell this but, I just am. Oh! Wait a minute! I just remembered why I was embarrassed to tell you that. I was embarrassed to tell that because I didn’t want to brag on what I got and you didn’t. Ball boy is more fun than you would think it would be and my first game was against Michigan St.

Well, that is it for my new blog and be sure to comment and read some of my other ones if you get the chance.

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 04:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

Hi my fellow bloggers. I have another blog for you even though I am not supposed to blog for homework this week. Well, you probably know about the Wolf Pack basketball games coming up, right? Well, I just got a job there and I bet you can guess it. If you guessed ball boy, than you would be correct.

The job that I just got a job as ball boy I think that it is going to be really cool. So if you see me there, be sure to wave or something. Oh, I almost forgot about all of the rules that there are and if you are going to wave, go ahead but it is against the rules to come down there and say hi. One thing that I laughed about when I saw that rule is my mom, mostly because she would always, and I mean always go down and baby me as if I was 2 years old. Even if I might be 2 years old she still would go down and say things like “Hi sweetie pie! Ooh! That is my son”! That was the first rule that I told my mom as soon as I got home.

Do you know what is crazy though? The thing that I was shocked about was how early I had to be there. You would think it might be 15 minutes or something like that but I have to be there a whole hour before the starting of the game!!! Is that crazy or what? But I am not done yet. I saved the best thing for last which is what we get. We get a boring old lanyard necklace that has a badge on it so you can enter our private snack bar, and you get to go whenever you want and the best thing is that it is all free!

Well, that is it for my blog and make sure to comment if you get the chance.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 03:12 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 185