-

5th grade class learning with technology.

by teacher: Nancy Crosby

Article posted September 9, 2010 at 03:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

I miss hunsberger so much! I miss my class! I hope you had just as good a year as i did! I am so glad I got to see most of our class this summer! How was your summer? I hope you have a great class like we did last year! I was so sad leaving hunsberger. It is very hard for me because I made really good friends last year that I can hold onto forever! And I had the most wonderful teacher ever! I loved everything about last year! Nothing will ever beat fourth grade year! Especially because I had Mrs. Crosby as a teacher! I miss everyone! That means, Jerry, Rachel, Kaylie, Stephanie, Isabella, Kristin,Gabe, Isabel, Aiden, Ryan, Grace, Iris, Noelle, Trevor, Carmen, Vivian, Schuler, Reilly, Skylar, Abby, Aaron, Wyatt, Jillian, Ann, and Walker! I miss my other friends to! I guess Sage Ridge is a good school, but I really miss hunsberger!:-)

Hope to see you real soon!!!

From Sarah

Article posted June 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I think I have improved on a lot of things this school year! I will be more than happy to share them with you! The first thing I think I improved on is math! When I first came in fourth grade I was not the best at math. But now that I have been doing math more and more, I think that I have definitely improved on it! The second thing I improved on is my hand writing. When I first came into the fourth grade I had terrible hand writing. But now I can write in cursive! FINALLY! When I am in 5th grade I hope I can improve even more on these things and I hope that I will improve more on typing and I hope I get a higher grade than I have in reading! I am so glad I got to be with Mrs.Crosby this year! I am going to miss her dearly when I go to 5th grade! She helped me improve on even more than I wrote! Lets see if Mrs.Cosby's help and kindness actually worked?

Article posted May 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

I have done many good things in my life but I think the one I am about to tell you was the best one! When I was on a cruise with just my family when I was about 5, My family was driving in a taxi to the cruise. My mom was telling me how fun it was going to be! When we were driving I saw a homeless person giving his family all the food he found that day but he was left with no food. My mom was telling me how sad that is when you see that happening! I was eating one of my favorite type of food in the whole world. Can you guess it! RIBS! Just joking! Well actually that is one of my favorite foods but it is not what I am talking about... Anyways, I was eating PORT OF SUBS!!! I love Port of Subs! WAIT! were getting of track! I was only on my first half! So my mom told me to break it into four pieces. I gave it to the man he said gracious. My mom was hugging me tight and saying Sarah you did good thing! I knew I did a good thing because I felt good inside. Even though it was a port of subs sandwich.

Article posted April 20, 2010 at 12:59 AM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 38

I absolutely love books! Without books I have no idea what I would do when I am bored! Some people have reading on the bottom of their to do list! Some people only read when they need to! I know, crazy right!

A really good book I liked reading was one I read in rotations. It was called Island of the Blue Dolphins! Island of the Blue Dolphins was about a girl about 12 years old being stranded on a little island with hardly any food or water! Her name was Karana. In the beginning of the story her family was leaving the island, but Karana saw her brother still on the island so she jumped in the water to save her brother! Later on in the beginning, Karana's brother died of a wild dog attack!

In the middle of the story Karana builds a shelter and she builds some good weapons for her to kill other animals. But what she mainly wanted to kill was the wild dogs, who ate and tortured her brother. When Karana was out hunting to kill the wild dogs, she saw their leader. After this she saw the leader lots of times. He would just stare at Karana with his big yellow eyes. But the last time Karana saw him she flung an arrow at him. But he wasn't dead! So she pulled out another arrow and was about to throw it, but for some weird reason, she DID NOT! She carried him back to her shelter, and she kept him as a pet! She named him Rontu.

Where ever Karana went Rontu followed. He stayed with her for many years. Until one day when Karana let him go out of the fence she made, he did not come back. Karana found him laying behind a bush breathing very heavy. Finally he died.

In the End, Karana saw Rontu's son. So she tried to capture him. When she did she treated him like Rontu. She named him Rontu Arue. One day when Karana and Rontu Arue were sitting in Karana's shelter they saw white sails coming towards them. When it got to the island it took Karana and Rontu Arue away from the island. The people told her it took so long to get there because Karana's family and everyone else had died from drowning. When Karana looked back at the island she saw so many good memories like Rontu.

I really liked the book Island of the Blue Dolphins and if you read it, you will too!

Article posted March 16, 2010 at 01:28 AM GMT • comment (8) • Reads 42

I love to go on vacations! Do you? Its so fun! I like it because each time I do go on vacations, I always do something new and its just... FUN!!

First I would like to tell you one of my all time favorite vacation! It is camping! My whole family loves to camp. While we are camping we always bring our boat!We even use it so much that we named it, it's name is Shadow because it follows us where ever we go! WINK, WINK! We go wake boarding, surfing, tubing, water skiing, and all sorts of stuff! Sometimes we bring our boat out to look at the lake or just rock it out on the speakers. Then when my family are on shore we play many different games. I like to play a game called botchie ball. You try to throw a big heavy ball and try to ether get to a little white ball or knock another persons ball away from the white ball. Next my family likes to play Frisbee. Sometimes I like to race the dogs to get it. Also my family likes to play cribbage, I am not a big fan of cribbage but we still play it.

My second favorite vacation is on a cruise. Cruises are so much fun I am jumping at the word! There so much things you can do! You can go in the swimming pool, hot tub, and ther even is a casino. But I am to young to go there. My favorite part is on the shore when the cruise is docked. For spring break I am going on a cruise to Me- he- co ( other wise known as Mexico)!This year I might swim with dolphins!

My last favorite vacation is in Hawaii! Its so fun, have you ever been to Hawaii? My family likes to go to the Grand Wailaia. One time when I was there I went to the next resort next door, we entered a sand castle building contest. My family one second place. We built a giant shark eating a swimmers leg. It was so fun! Hawaii is a really fun place to go I have many stories about it!

I just wish I could go to all of these things above, every day! What is your favorite vacation?

Article posted February 24, 2010 at 12:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

Did you know there is a creed for the olympic winter games? It says that " The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."

I think that,that is a very good saying in the olympics because I think that means that you have tried your best, fought well, and had pried in what your doing and had confidence!

Do you have a favorite olympic event? Well, I deffenitly do! My favorite are the ladies downhill and the all around areials. Whats your favorite event?

Article posted February 23, 2010 at 05:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

I absolutely love the winter Olympics!!! Do you like the Olympics? Of course you do! Everybody does! Well, did you know that the Olympic motto is, Swifter, Higher, Stronger! Their are many different reasons why it says that. My opinion of what that means is that the people in the Olympics are swifter and they move swifter. What I think Higher means that you set higher goals in the Olympics, jump higher, and just go for the gold! Last I think Stronger means that the people in the Olympics get stronger and stronger in faith! I love the Olympics!

Article posted January 26, 2010 at 12:27 AM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 40

When I grow up I want to work at Jamba Juice. Of course when I am about 16 years old. Jamba Juice is my favorite place to go. After that I want to work at a hair salon. When I was younger I would always cut my barbie dolls hair and dye it with a marker. One time I was so proud of my work that I didn't even let anyone touch that one barbie doll ! Last but not least, when I get about 32 years old I want to have children and be a stay home mom like my mom and I am very proud of her!!! Of course I am proud of my dad too!

Article posted January 13, 2010 at 12:28 AM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 38

When I was in Hawaii I went to a hotel called the Grand Wialeya. It was so fun! One of the slides was called the rapids. My friend Josh and I just kept going on it over and over again! Well I got tiered of going on it and Josh didn't. So I am standing in the pool right next to the rapids and I am saying I want to do something different. But I to go down the rapids one more time, but something happened, Dun dun dun.Just joking! So I went down the rapids but they were so strong I got pushed under the water and the bottom of my bathing suit fell off! I quickly pulled up my bathing suit and was lucky no one saw. That is my funny story about the RAPIDS!!!