Happy EOGS-

Flip 05/15/12
Google 04/26/12
books books books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 04/26/12
The Book and Scrolls 04/23/12
Cats 04/20/12
How To 04/20/12
Shout out 04/19/12
sleep over 04/19/12
!!!Spring Break 04/04/12
Ocelots 03/22/12
Narwhals 03/13/12
Mother road (epic) 03/12/12
WEEEKNDS 03/12/12
Code 03/12/12
Time Travel 03/12/12
Narwhals 03/05/12
03/01/12
More on Mousey 03/01/12
Thoughts On Poetry 02/20/12
My two favorite poems 02/09/12
Why do cats like catnip? 01/23/12
Mousey 01/05/12
Argentina 01/04/12
Mousey 12/02/11
George Washington Spy Master 12/02/11
Naturlist intellengence 12/02/11
Different hamster 10/31/11
new hamster 10/26/11
Smartville 10/26/11
How I am smart 10/21/11
my new hamster 10/15/11
More about cats 10/12/11
The sliver state 10/12/11
hamster 09/23/11
Halloween 09/20/11
animal chosen 09/20/11
Harry Potter Book 5 09/20/11
New pet 09/16/11
Great Friends 09/16/11
Read -a- thon 09/14/11
Hamster Name 09/14/11
New Fish 09/13/11
Calvin and Hobbes 09/12/11
Cat facts 09/09/11
Book 09/09/11
Great Weekend 09/09/11
cute hamster 09/09/11
All about me 09/08/11

Recently I read the book Flip. I chose to read the book because I liked the title and the story line sounded pretty intresting. Flip is about a kid who found these disc that tranform him in to anyone. (with a disc).  The other main character is his sister Taylor and his friend Ellis. The main theme in the bppk is characters with special talents and avanced machines. One reason I wouldn't recommend the book was bcause it started out pretty slow.  Other than that Flip was a pretty good book.

Try it out!

Ready to google? If you’ve never used the Google search engine before, give it a whirl.

Type in your name, for example. Or you could type in a question you’ve always wondered about.

There’s much more to Google than just its search engine, though. Try one of these other fun features, and see what you can learn!

If you think your school library has a lot of books, wait until you learn about the Library of Congress!

Have you ever wondered…

• Where is the largest library in the world?

• When was the Library of Congress built?

• How many books does the Library of Congress have?

Did you know?

Do you ever have trouble finding a particular book or resource in your school library? It’s OK if you do. Most libraries have tons of books, and librarians are there to help you find the things you need.

If you think your school library has a lot of books, though, wait until you learn about the world’s largest library. Its amazing collection of books and resources will blow your mind!

What library are we talking about? The Library of Congress, of course! Built in 1800 in Washington, D.C., it’s the largest library in the world in both shelf space and number of books.

The Library of Congress is the official research library of the United States Congress. It’s also considered to be the national library of the U.S. It currently consists of three buildings in the nation’s capital.

When it was first started, the Library of Congress was housed in the U.S. Capitol. It stayed there throughout most of the 1800s until it moved to its current site.

Most of the library’s original collection was destroyed during the War of 1812. Thomas Jefferson replenished the library’s collection, though, by selling his entire personal book collection — over 6,000 books! — to the library in 1815 for $23,950 (that was A LOT of money way back then).

Over time, the Library of Congress continued to expand. Eventually it came to consist of the three buildings it is housed in today. Its main purpose is to research issues for members of Congress.

The Library of Congress is open to the public, but very few people are allowed to check out books. These privileged few include library employees, members of Congress, Supreme Court justices and other high-ranking government officials.

The Library of Congress holds much more than just books. Its various collections include more than 150 million items on over 800 miles of bookshelves. These items include over 34 million books, over 3 million recordings, over 13 million photographs, over 5 million maps, over 6 million pieces of sheet music and over 66 million manuscripts!

Among these millions of items are some of the most interesting and rare books in the world. In fact, the Library of Congress has over 700,000 rare books, which is the largest collection in North America.

The smallest book in the Library of Congress is Old King Cole. Measuring 1/25 inches by 1/25 inches, it’s about the size of a period at the end of a sentence. Its pages can only be turned using a needle!

The largest book in the Library of Congress is a 5 foot by 7 foot picture book featuring thousands of color images of the country of Bhutan. The Library also has one of only three perfect copies of the Gutenberg Bible, which is one of the most valuable books in the world.

Try it out!

Ready to check out your local library? It may not be the largest library in the world. In fact, it might be quite small. But that’s OK. Even the smallest library can offer valuable information and exciting adventures.

If you don’t already have a library card, ask for one! A librarian will be happy to get you signed up, so you can take advantage of your local library’s resources.

If you don’t know the depth of offerings available at your local library, ask for a tour. A librarian can show you that there’s so much more than books available.

Many libraries have music and movies to check out, as well as computers to use. There may also be special events, including story times and even arts and crafts classes.

So get to know your local library! Where else can you borrow great books, beautiful music and interesting movies for free?

Wonder words to know and use:

• particular

• resource

• librarian

• collection

• Congress

• Capitol

• capital

• research

• manuscript

Still wondering?

Visit EDSITEment! to learn more about the Folger Shakespeare Library, a British research institution that contains authentic editions of Shakespeare’s works!

I think the book is very important because it makes it easier to save information. Since the invetion of books and scrolls people can easily acess historic records and crimanal records. I think the book is important because it lets people communiccatre through words. It also lets people learn more about other countries and time peorieds. Without books we might not no anything about wars the titanic and our own family. Books are peices of paper tyed together and held together with harder peices of paper. All books have a page number a title and a author. The first book was created by the romans. The first book was called a Codex

cool cats          

How to get an awsome background:

1. Go to  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize/wallpaper-desktop-background

2. select the get it now under your favorite picture

3. A full size image will come up right click the picture

4. select the set as backgound button

I Did A 5K In 34 miN=http://!!!

=http://!!!!

Grab your pillow and head to Wonderopolis. We’re having a slumber party!

Have you ever wondered…

• Do you sleep at a slumber party?

• What do you like to do at a slumber party?

• How can you make your slumber party great?

Did you know?

Whether it’s for a special occasion, such as a birthday party, or just to spend quality time with friends, there’s nothing quite like a slumber party. Sometimes called pajama parties or sleepovers, slumber parties are usually more party and less slumber!

There’s no end to the things you can do at a slumber party. Here are just a few things that many kids look forward to at a slumber party:

• making delicious snacks, such as cookies

• watching movies

• listening to music and singing along with your favorite songs

• playing card games or board games

• painting your fingernails and toenails

• trying out new hairstyles

• making craft projects

• staying up as late as possible sharing secrets

The list could go on and on! That last part, though — staying up as late as possible — is always a fun part of any slumber party. Staying up past your bedtime is fun, but doing so with your friends is even better.

Even the hardest slumber partiers eventually give in to sleep. So slumber is actually a part of a slumber party, but it’s usually a very minor and often very short part of it!

Sometimes slumber parties start off away from the house. You and your friends might decide to go out to a movie or to go skating first before heading home to stay up as late as possible. And slumber parties don’t actually have to be inside the house either. You can have them in a tent in the backyard too!

You’ll want to make sure your friends bring some stuff from home with them, so that they feel comfortable at your party. For example, they might want to bring their pajamas, a pillow and maybe even a sleeping bag. They might also have movies, music or games they would like to share.

Just beware that lack of sleep can make children grumpy the next morning. Here are a few tips you can use to make sure that everyone — including Mom and Dad — have a great experience at your next slumber party:

• Invite just a few friends for a slumber party. Too many people can be hard to control.

• Let everyone know the rules before you get your night started. If Mom and Dad say bedtime is midnight, then let everyone know that’s what’s expected of them.

• Plan a quiet day for the day after a slumber party. Let everyone sleep in as much as possible and plan any activities for later in the day. You might want to set aside a mandatory “nap time,” too!

Try it out!

Ready to plan your own slumber party? Having friends over for a sleepover can be lots of fun. But it takes a little planning to make it extra special.

First, you’ll need to decide who you want to invite to spend the night. Choose just a few close friends and then make some homemade slumber party invitations to give them all the details.

Be sure to include the date, the time you want them to show up, what time they’ll go home the next day and what they need to bring. You should also probably ask them have their parents call your parents to make sure it’s OK to sleep over.

When your guest list and invitations are completed, it’s time to think about fun activities you can do at your party. Do you want to have a theme slumber party? For example, you could have a scary movie marathon, have a staycation with friends, or plan a scavenger hunt!

Your slumber party can be as fun as your imagination (and your parents!) will allow. Fun activities can include listening to music, watching movies, painting your fingernails and toenails, doing your hair and fixing delicious snacks in the kitchen.

We hope you have a WONDERful slumber party! If you want to tell your Wonder Friends all about it, share photos and memories from your slumber party on https://www.facebook.com/wonderopolis" target="_blank">https://www.facebook.com/wonderopolis" target="_blank">Facebook!

Wonder words to know and use:

• slumber

• occasion

• quality

• pajama

• sleepover

• delicious

• grumpy

• mandatory

Still wondering?

Playing games is one fun thing to do at a slumber party. Check out Illuminations’ Concentration interactive to play the classic game of Concentration.

Wonder what’s next?

If you check out tomorrow’s Wonder of the Day, we think it’ll come back to you over and over again!

This spring break I am going to the mountains with my hamster and my family. I am so happy. Right before we go I'm also doing an eatser egg hunt.

Yahoo for spring

My favorite non-fiction topics are ocelots. I'm really intrested in ocelots cause I got to visit the zoo and see one. I'm also feel very sad for ocelots scientest think these bigcats may die out before I get to college. Another reason I like learning about ocelots is there beautiful coat patterns. I already know that ocelots look like very large house cats with stripes and spots all over. Ocelots live near dry areas they usually eat small mammals in their habitat. One reason these cats are so endangered is their beautiful coat patterns. There are many plaes that try to help ocelots one is the local Carnivore Preservation Trust I hope that people can help save ocelots instead of killing them.

Hi my name is Ellen. I love poetry.