LIVE LAUGH LOVE-

I chose Flip because I wanted a challenge. It was the longest out of the choises and I wanted to see what it ment by changing into different people. I liked the first time Ryan tried a disk because I was so confused when he started acting so strange. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes drama and comady because Flip had a lot of both. I enjoyed reading this book and would like to find out more about the auther so I can read more of her books.

I like the radio because you can use it for a lot of different things, you can listen to music, find the latest news, and you can put in CDs. I use the radio most to listen to music. Tesla Coils was the inventer but Nikola Tesla had the idea. Some radios have speekers on the sides and some don't you can have them in many different colors and some are square or rectangular and others are pretty round. I use the radio every day and don't know what I would do without it! 

I like things that have to do with the supernatural.  At first I thought this would mostly be fiction but then I realized that most of what I'm interested in is also historical which is not fiction.  I like reading about ghosts who seem to appear around different battles and periods, like the US Civil War, and World War I and II and other battles.  Much of the nonfiction information I'm interested in focuses on how people lived in the past, the way they dressed and talked, how they survived without the medicine we have today and stuff like that.  I'd like to read The Diary of Anne Frank.  She was a girl not that much older than me who spent World War II living in an attic with her family for several years.  I guess I like both fiction and nonfiction.

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

A limerick is a short, rhyming poem with five lines that have a certain pattern and they are usually funny.  This is an example of one:  There once was a girl named Sloane.  Who liked talking on the phone.  She'd get a call then another.  Told to get off by her mother.   Then it would ring again for no other but Sloane.  No one is sure where the word limerick came from but many think it originated in Limerick, Ireland.   Many famous writers, including William Shakepeare and Mark Twain have included limericks in their work.   Wonder Words:  Limerick-Five sentenced, funny poem that rhymes.  Origin-Where something begins.  Wit-Humor

Article posted March 3, 2012 at 03:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 60

I loved reading and writing poetry because I thought it was cool to read all new poems that I hadn't even heard of before. My favorite poetic devices would probably have to be end rhyme and onomonopia. I think I am best at end rhyme. My favorite poet is definitely Dr. Suess because its all so fantastical that it makes me laugh. I like realistic poems too, but the silly ones are my favorites.

Whatif by Shel Silverstein

Last night, while I lay thinking here,

some Whatifs crawled inside my ear

and pranced and partied all night long

and sang their same old Whatif song:

Whatif I'm dumb in school?

Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?

Whatif I get beat up?

Whatif there's poison in my cup?

Whatif I start to cry?

Whatif I get sick and die?

Whatif I flunk that test?

Whatif green hair grows on my chest?

Whatif nobody likes me?

Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?

Whatif I don't grow talle?

Whatif my head starts getting smaller?

Whatif the fish won't bite?

Whatif the wind tears up my kite?

Whatif they start a war?

Whatif my parents get divorced?

Whatif the bus is late?

Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?

Whatif I tear my pants?

Whatif I never learn to dance?

Everything seems well, and then

the nighttime Whatifs strike again!

I like this poem because I think that sometimes when you lay down to sleep your mind decides to stay awake.  It makes me smile when I read it because it doesn't make one thing more important than the other, it puts everything together in a jumble like your mind does at night sometimes. 

They believe there are probably too many sharks to count, but estimate around 400 million species and over a billion sharks altogether.  There are lots of different kinds, all but two kinds, the River Shark and the Bull Shark, stay in the ocean.  These two species can also be found in fresh water.  Sharks have been around as long as dinosaurs, some say longer, but around 450 million years.  The largest kind of shark is a whale shark, about 60 feet long, and the smallest is a dwarf lantern shark, approximately 7 inches long.  Sharks don't have skeletons.  They have cartilage not bones, like people have in their ears and noses.  Sharks are my favorite ocean creature but I'd rather read about them than swim with them.  The new words I learned from reading this Wonderopolis report were Cartilage:  the connective tissue that sharks are made of instead of bones.  Mariners:  Old time sailors.   Recreational:  Do something for fun.

Article posted January 13, 2012 at 02:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 63

Prince Albert brought the first Christmas tree to England in 1841 to be decorated in Windsor Castle by his wife, Queen Victoria, and their children.  From then on, the holiday caught on.  The English Santa is called Father Christmas.  The children send his letters to him by burning them in th fireplace.  On Christmas Eve they leave a carrot for the reindeer and mince pies and brandy for Father Christmas.  The day after Christmas starts the country's 12 days of Christmas.  It is called Boxing Days and is when all the leftovers and presents are given to teh poor.  It's the day that servants were given off to celebrate with their families, and it was also the day that working people opened their tip boxes.  For the next 12 days there were parties, kid's musicals and plays, and other kinds of entertainment.  

Guns for General Washington is about the rebles fighting aginst the redcoats and how the rebles tried to get wepons and get back to General Washington safley.My favorite character in the book is Will Knox because he is a true hero and will do anything for thr cause. I liked it when Will savd JPs life it was so nice because Will was risking his own life for JPs. I didnt like the beginning of the book very much. It was very slow and not veryinteresting to me.You might want to read this book if you like history and war stories. 

Article posted November 14, 2011 at 05:55 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 73

Since I am very sporty and like to move around I could try out for the girls soccer team. I could play a real game with the rest of my team. I could also show you some tricks like juggling or headers. I like to act to so maybe somone could give me a random topic like happy sad angry or frustrated.It would be kind of cool if I could act while playing soccer by acting really upset because I missed the goal when I tried to score. That would be the type of show Id do.

Live today like there's no tomorrow. Laugh hard and often. Love who you are!