Copyright (c) 2014 by AZ Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AZ -- Blogmeister

Facts Aboout Me

5B

by AZ

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5

Thomas Edisson St,

Beirut,

Lebanon.

President Obama

The Whitehouse

Washington DC

USA

Dear President Obama,

I think a quick action should take place to stop discrimination against people with Arab heritage in the USA. I think it is very cruel to judge people by the way they look or the name they carry. I am asking you personally to stop discriminating on Arab heritage people or dark skinned people.

At the airport veiled women are treated badly and disrespectfully. My grandmother was once stopped on her way to America because she was wearing a veil. They took her aside and were checking through all her bags. They even took off her fur coat for checking! My uncle was furious because male staff were looking through all her private items. He had to ask them to at least let female customs do the checking instead. After that, she wanted to go to the rest room and with no respect what so ever they asked her what she was going to do inside! What kind of question is that?

I think that generalization is totally wrong. Not all muslims are terrorists. In the past, there have been many terrorists of all nationalities. Till now, there still are. When an American bombed Oklahoma, did anyone stop all Americans in airports? Or when the IRA bombed London did anyone stop all the Irish for security? So why should Moslems and Arabs only be abused because of Osama Bin Laden? Its not fair that one Arab now makes all Arabs suspects.

I know you think I am too young for this but I am ten years old and I listen to news. I am an English Arab Moslem and I am tired of watching people getting discriminated. I am asking you to please stop discrimination against all Arab heritage people across all America. I know it is happening all over the world but it is happening most of all in America.

President Obama would you want the whole Arab world to stop visiting the USA? I don’t think that would be wise for America. Because we are honest trustworthy and smart people that play major roles in development of your country.

Sincerely, AZ

Article posted February 3, 2010 at 06:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

Dear Mom and Dad,

I think there should be a drastic action in Lebanon and the whole world, because pollution and deforestation are ruining the world and are going to ruin our future.

First of all are essential for survival. That’s why we need reforestation.

In addition trees also provide us with oxygen to make less carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Without oxygen in the air. The Ozone Layer will create holes so the Ultra Violet Rays will penetrate the Ozone Layer and cause many people to have skin cancer. Trees can also stop Global Warming and save many living things.

Trees also provide shade and windbreak for the winter. If people reforest you can reduce erosion and mudslides. It is also good for safety, because mudslides are dangerous.

If everyone helps all around the world, planet Earth will become a better place. I don’t care how old I am it just can’t wait. There should be a change this instant. Do you want to know why I am telling you this, it’s because you guys have to give me one dollar a day by doing chores. Thank you for helping me.

Sincerely Yours,

AZ

Article posted December 8, 2009 at 07:40 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 33

Article posted November 18, 2009 at 06:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

Have you ever wondered how the Circulatory System works? Well, if you don’t know I’ll teach you. First I start with when I inhale. When I inhale, I take oxygen into my lungs. Then I exhale. When I exhale, I breathe out Carbon Dioxide. When I breathe in oxygen it goes to my Lungs. From my Lungs it goes to my Pulmonary Vein, which is the only Vein that carries oxygenated blood. After words it goes to my left ventricle then the Mitral Valve opens in one direction so there is no back flow. Then it goes into the Left Ventricle and pumps blood into the Aortic Valve and goes into the Aorta. Which gives blood to all the parts of my body? So, after that I inhale again and get more oxygen. While I’m getting and pumping blood. My veins carry deoxygenated blood from all over my body. Through the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava. Which both transport blood to my Right Atrium. While my Right Atrium is filling up with deoxygenated blood my tricuspid valve opens permitting. The flow of blood. My Pulmonary Artery carries my oxygen poor blood to my lungs. Then finally it circulates again. I can’t believe that I dint get dizzy while it circulates so fast. I know what I am saying is very important. My advice to you is to eat healthy food and exercise. This will keep you up and going for the rest of your life. This is my Circulatory System. Thank you for listening.

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

Have you ever wondered how the Circulatory System works? Well, if you don’t know I’ll teach you. First I start with when I inhale. When I inhale, I take oxygen into my lungs. Then I exhale. When I exhale, I breath out Carbon Dioxide. When I breath in oxygen it goes to my Lungs. From my Lungs it goes to my Pulmonary Vein, which is the only Vein that carries oxygenated blood. After words it goes to my left ventricle then the Mitral Valve opens in one direction so there is no back flow. Then it goes into the Left Ventricle and pumps blood into the Aortic Valve and goes into the Aorta. Which gives blood to all the parts of my body? So, after that I inhale again and get more oxygen. While I am getting and pumping blood. My veins carry deoxygenated blood from all over my body. Through the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava. Which both transport blood to my Right Atrium. While my Right Atrium is filling up with deoxygenated blood my tricuspid valve opens permitting. The flow of blood. My Pulmonary Artery carries my oxygen poor blood to my lungs. Then finally it circulates again. I can not believe that I dint get dizzy while it circulates so fast. I know what I am saying is very important. My advice to you is to eat healthy food and exercise. This will keep you up and going for the rest of your life. This is my Circulatory System. Thank you for listening.

One sunny day, in nursery, everyone wanted to go out and play but I didn’t. All of the teachers forced me to go out and play. I was only three at that time. I was very miserable and didn't talk to anyone. After they forced me out, I was so angry I wanted to hit them. I kept telling them that I would do something if they didn’t take me inside. I did not like being outside in the hot African sun. I was so angry that I told them that I would break down their glass door if they didn't take me back inside. I ran away from them and hit the glass door with all my strength with my fist. It shattered. That was the worst day of my life.

After that, they called my mom to come and take me home and check me for injuries. I was in trouble. I will never break a glass again. Every time I would come back to nursery, everyone would look at me as if they were scared of what I would do.

After seven years I am still amazed at myself. Do you believe that Adam, the gentleman, could do something like that? I don't think so. I don't think I ever lost my temper like that again.

Oh wait. Maybe once when I broke my brother's hand!

One day in Nigeria I was in the kitchen standing on the counters and the table having fun. I was wearing socks at that time. I kept moving on the counter until I got to the table, I was just standing in the middle of the table. Then I thought of jumping fromthe table to the counter. The table was marbel. I tried to jump and I slipped. I hit my head on concrete and the concrete broke. I was so scared and I had the biggest bump ever. Till now, it is still broken. If i go back, I will see it again. I was so scared because I didnt cry. My mum was out of the house. When she came back, I told her and she saw the broken piece and said, " who did this?". I said, " I fell down". This all happened in 2008. I still remember the whole thing till now. Well, thats all folks!

Article posted November 10, 2009 at 06:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

Bing, Bang! Bing, Bang! Bing, Bang! Front and back, front and back.

Will they ever stop? Always during a game. They just never stop! No rest whatsoever!

Non stop! I never get to talk with the others. Not one chance. Tell them.

I try to talk but they don’t understand. Why, just why, cant they give me a chance.

Oh, here it comes again! OW! OW! OW!

Everyone takes a break but me. Give me some time to mingle with my friends, the soccer ball, the basketball, the baseball and the volleyball. Together at the end of the day, we all come together and share our problems and misery.

Every evening, I have a headache from all the banging. Actually, every day. If I look a bit tired, they throw me away! Please don’t throw me away! Fix me

if you have to, but don’t throw me away.

It's a miracle I don’t bruise! They say the grass is always greener on the other

side. That is where I want to be. On the other side. At least just for one day.

Well, that’s all. Thank you for listening to me. I wish you could actually hear me.

If I could change my name it would still be Adam, because I am very used to this name and I like it. I do not want to change it also, because of my friends. They are used to saying my name as Adam. If I change my name I would have to remember it and my friends would have to also. I would not change my name to anything else except my normal name. It also won’t be fair to my parents, because they are the ones who named me. Well, I don’t even think I can think of a new name.

If I could be an animal it would be the lion, because it can eat what it wants. Not many animals can eat what they want. I would go hunt and run everywhere. I think people would treat me as a king, because I can eat them. I also to think that other animals will treat me well. I would hunt dear and buffalo. I can eat anything I want. It would be so fun. I would also be able to run so fast so I can catch my food. I chose this animal, because it is my favourite animal, it runs fast, and it has lots of strength. This is the animal I like, what is yours?