Copyright (c) 2014 by HM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HM -- Blogmeister

Grade 5 MacNeill

by HM

teacher: Ms. A. McKay

Title: Because Of Winn Dixie

Author: Kate DiCamillo

Some of the Characters are: Indiana Opal who is the main character,Her dad (the preacher),Miss.Franny Opals first friend the librarian, the dubarry boys named Dunlap and Stevie who go to Opals church,Otis the pet store man who gave Opal a job and he can play the guitar really well,Gloria Dump people call her a witch but she is nice, and last but not least Gertrude the bird in the pet store who loves the most important character of all WINN DIXIE Opals dog that she finds in a grocery store called Winn Dixie.

This book is about a girl named Indiana Opal but people call her Opal. Her dad is a preacher at the local church. Opal does not have a mom because she hated being a preachers wife. Dunlap and Stevie go to the church and are always picking on Opal. One day she finds a dog causing problems in a store and she makes the mistake of telling the store manager that it was her dog named Winn Dixie. That is when life turned upside down for little Indiana Opal......

I really enjoyed this book a lot. I liked this book because it is full of adventure and comedy. I like how summer for Opal was bad in the start but it turned out GREAT because of Winn Dixie.

5 facts about smoking:

1: smoking can cause lunge cancer.

2: smoking makes your teeth and hands black.

3: smoking can make you smell all the time.

4: smoking can wreck your lunges.

5: smoking is addicting when you start.

5 opinions on smoking:

1: smoking is worse than eating mud.

2: people should not smoke.

3: smoking is the worst thing to do.

4: smoking is a bad use of time.

5: if you have a family and kids it is worse than smoking on your own.

We have been doing literature circles. I really like the process of literature circles. I enjoy working with other people and I also like to read so literature circles is one of my strengths.

I specifically like my novel The Face On The Milk Carton because it has lots of drama and mystery too. I really enjoy mystery novels. I also like how there is a lot of action.

I would recommend this book to a friend because it has a really cool mysterious story to it. This book was probably one of my favorites. yes i would recommend this book to you.

I also feel that the marking procedure is great. I like how you have to do a specific number of projects to get a specific mark. The mark i am going for is an A PLUS. I really think you should read The Face On The Milk Carton.

Why did the Canadian government want to sign treaties.....The Canadian government wanted to sign treaties because they wanted there people to have peace,to gain land,and to have some benefits.

Why did the Aboriginal people want to sign treaties..... The Aboriginal people wanted to sign treaties because they wanted to be a beneficial and peaceful nation.

What does the pipe ceremony represent....What is expected of those who participate.... The pipe ceremony represented the signing of the treaty and agreeing to the stuff that was being spoken at the ceremony was expected of those who participated.

What was the significance of the buffalo at the time of treaty signing.... The significance of the buffalo was that they gave the people clothing,food,and even shelters.

How do Canadians benefit today from treaties.... We Canadians get a benefit because we have lots of land ,schools,homes and much more.

What does the concept treaty mean to the first nations people..... The concept treaty meant that they would get benefits and they would be a peaceful nation. They also thought that they would get everything that was promised in the treaty.

Who are the 4 nations that made agreements in the area that was to become Saskatchewan... they were

Cree

Saulteaux

Dene

Nakota

This video meant alot to me because my dad works at a place for people who have disabilities. I too think this r-word should come to an end.

I do not say this word and I think it is important that you don't say this word because it is a really mean word to those people who have disabilities.

When I watched this video I thought about how when people say the r-word it must make those people really hurt inside. From now on I will spread the word to the people who say the r-word and I hope that this video sends a message to the people who say that word.I WANT TO END THE WORD.

In the past few months our class has read Double Identity. This book is about a 12 year old girl named Bethany. She used to live in Pennsylvania. Bethany's 13th birthday is getting closer and her parents are acting wierder than ever. Her mom is always crying. Her parents take her on a field trip , when she arrives in front of a small house in Sander Field. Her unknown aunt Myrlie.Her parents leave her there. Myrlies daughter Joss arrives at the house during Bethanys stay. Bethany over heard her aunt talking about a girl named Elizabeth... I had a connection to this book with one of the main characters. I really enjoy doing gymnastics and I practice all the time and I practice all the time and so did she.

This book was a book that I really enjoyed. It has lot's of detail.I wouldn't change anything about this book The mystery in the book had an exciting adventure to it. If you like mysteries that make you think I would really recommend this book for you. This book is one of the best books I have ever read. I bet you will like it as much as I did.

My favorite video that I watched was one were they made the stairs into a piano. I liked it because it taught people to take the stairs instead of trying to always take the easy way. I think that this would work because it's fun and it gets you more fit I think it was a great idea. If I could do one I would make a recycling bin and when you recycle it would shake.It would take a long time but it would be fun.

I think animal testing is wrong and abuse to nature. Just think about your pet being tested and if you don't have pet your favorite animal being tested. Animals are tortured by testing.If you were an animal you wouldn't want to be shaved and have chemicals being rubbed on you. You really need to think about that when you see or here about animal testing. SAY NO TO ANIMAL TESTING.

Terry Fox is a man of his word. He had an amputated leg because of cancer but that didn't stop him from trying to run across Canada. Terry Fox taught us an important lesson and that lesson is if you want to do something try and don't give up. I admire Terry Fox for what he did and tried his best to do. Even with an amputated leg he ran along way and made people with and with out cancer happy. Terry Fox inspired people to not be afraid and do what you want to do.

Do you want to be a person that is as strong and brave as Terry Fox? I know I do because he shows inspiration for what he does. I know he is like a hero. He will do any thing it takes. I appreciate what he did, I couldn't even run around the block and he almost ran across Canada. He is a man to remember.

This book is about three boys one girl and a dog named Hobart.The three boys named Tony,Shawn and Craig went on the adventure of a life time all because of a card.Petra the girl tries to save there lives along with her dog Hobart.

The ending of the book was an interesting way of getting the characters back together.I liked it.

I did not expect the book to turn out the way it did.

If I were the author that would be a different story.I wouldn't ended it like that I would have thought of something way different.

I think this novel over all was one of the best books I have ever read. I'm saying that because it was funny, creative and a book you could learn a lesson from the story.

I would recommend this book to a friend.I bet they would enjoy it as much a I did.