Copyright (c) 2014 by AH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AH -- Blogmeister

-

by AH teacher: Ms. A. McKay
Another Book PT 2 06/11/13
ANOTHER BOOK! PT 1 06/07/13
SMOKING 05/21/13
Treaties 04/29/13
The R Word 03/13/13
Double Identity Review 02/27/13
Hockey 02/01/13
Time For Fun 11/01/12
Animal Testing 10/24/12
What A Story 10/17/12
The Book 10/10/12
Nature 10/04/12
Slow Motion 09/27/12
Golf mania 09/17/12

One day Opal was going to the store and saw a dog running around and she said that the dog was her's. Opal named it Winn Dixie the name of the store. Winn Dixie would follow Opal wherever Opal went. Opal found out that Winn Dixie had a bad fear of thunderstorms. Opal learned that the hard way. Winn Dixie would always get in trouble with Opals enemies and her friends. He would also always get out of trouble with his grin.

The book was a good book but not my favourite. I felt like there wasn't much action. I would recommend this book to people who like sad books,

Title: Because Of Winn Dixie

Author:Kate DiCamillo

Characters: There is Opal who is a 10 year old girl who is new to the town and gets bullied. The Dewberry boys are twins and make fun of Opal but they end up being friends. Opal found a dog in a super market and named it Winn Dixie and that,s Opals only friend. There is miss.Franny the librarian and gives Opal a litmus lozenge. There is the preacher or Opals Dad. He doesn't want to keep Winn Dixie but changes his mind later on. Gloria Dump turned out to be on of Opals best friend. Amanda Wilkinson turned out to be Opals friend. They did a lot of stuff together. There is Sweety Pie Thomas who wants a dog and loves Winn Dixie.

Plot: Indian Opal moved to the small town of Naomi Florida with her dad who is a preacher at a church. One day Opal was going to the store and

Facts about smoking

-smoking causes cancer.

-people get addicted to smoking the first time they try.

-smoking is bad for the environment.

-don't smoke when you drive.

-it is hard to stop smoking

Opinion about smoking

-older people smoke more than younger people

-ladies won't marry a smoker

-smoking is fun

-more men smoke than women

-if you smoke your almost certain to die

1. The Canadian government wanted to sign the treaties so they could share the land with the first nations and the people from Europe.

2. The Aboriginal people wanted to sign the treaties for fishing and hunting rights, to get education for their children and to get help for farming.

3. It represented trust and agreements. They where expected to have reasonable agreements and respect.

4. The Buffalo where important because it give the first nations a lot of stuff for everyday life. So they had to give area to the Buffalo and other animals.

5. It gave us land to build are houses and building in are cities. It also gave room for nature so us and the nature itself can enjoy it.

6. It meant to them that they would get things that they needed and the other people in the the treaty get what they needed. Its a promise.

7. The 4 nations where Cree,Saulteaux,Nakota, and Dene.

That video made a big influence on me because people where using that word last year in a mean way. THATS A FORM of bullying and we want to stop bullying. It's great that they made that video to help stop using that word. The r word doesn't get alot of attention so now people now more about how mean this word is. That video was one of the sadest videos that I ever saw. I will show this to my family.

Our class finish our story,"Double Identity". It's about a girl names Bethany who discovers the deepest secret of her life. When she finds that out. She has to deal with her parents and something else in the book. My favorite character was Walter, Bethany's dad. Because he's mysterious and kinda sneaky.

I never wanted my parents to be oversensitive. I felt bad for Bethany because her parents never let her do anything scary or dangerous. I can relate to when Bethany finds out the secret of her family. I always thought our family had a dark secret.

It was a good book overall and I really liked how the mystery was different than most mystery books. There wasn't any suspects or anything like that My favorite part was when Bethany found out that she had a sister named Elizabeth that died in a car accident. Elizabeth was 13 when she died. It was her birthday.

I would recommend this book to people who love mystery stories but not anyone who likes murder and kills. I would also recommend this to people 9 years old and up.Maybe not too old because a lot of the characters are 12 to 40 years old.

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK=http://

My favourite sport is hockey. My team this year is the Sabres. I'm number 7. For tournaments this year I went to Bismark North Dakota,our team came in 5th.We also went to Yorkton.We came in 7th.I have a tournament in Regina this weekend.We play Saskatoon,Prince Albert and Tisdale in the round robin and that decides if we go to the d side,c side,b side or a side.I'm playing AAA hockey this year.Our team has tournaments in Fargo North Dakota, Winepeg Manitoba and in Regina.The AAA starts in the spring.I love hockey!!!

My favourite theory was the piano stairs. I liked it because it was a great   idea and if I got to go on them I would play a song for a hour. I also thought everybody else liked it.   I thought the piano stairs worked really well because there was a lot of people that was on it and they were smiling. I also think the parking would work because it has a good idea for adults that likes lotteries. I would make a recycling bin that gives out stickers for recycling.                                                                                                                 

The articles I read was so sad. I think it's so sad that people kill helpless animals. What's the point of killing animals for products. Those companies are doing these things for money. Animals should be living in the wild not being tested at labs. But if I found out my shampoo was tested on animals I would tell my parent to get a layer and sue them. I think it's terrible that companies do that to animals

Terry Fox is an amazing,inspiring person for anyone. It's amazing that he ran 3,336 miles . My grandpa is a truck driver and he drove through Thunder bay where terry died. He saw the statue of him there. He showed me some pictures of it. It really sucks that he could not make it across Canada. That would have been a great achievement.

Our family always goes in the Terry Fox run. My brother and my dad go in the 2km run. I go in the 5km run and my mom goes in the 10km run. But this year we forgot to go in it. I think Terry Fox is the best canadian hero ever. Terry fox is a great person.