Copyright (c) 2014 by RH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RH -- Blogmeister

Grade 5 MacNeill

by RH

teacher: Ms. A. McKay

Title: Because Of Winn Dixie

Author:Kate Dicamillo

plot/summery:Opal Buloni is a ten year old girl who has just moved to the small town of Naomi, florida, with her father who is also the preacher. While in the Winn Dixie super market, Opal encounters a scruffy dog wreaking havoc.

Did you enjoy this book? Why or why not? I enjoyed most parts but other parts where boring.

- How do you feel about the process of working in literature circle groups of 3-5 people? I feel good because I will be with a friend usually.

- What do you specifically like about your novel? I liked how it's just 1 big adventure ones you get into the book and it just makes you want to keep reading.

- Would you recommend your novel to a friend? Why or why not? I might depending on what kind of books they like

- How do you feel about the marking procedures for this unit? - - Have you decided what your mark is going to be? I want to get an A.

Article posted April 29, 2004 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

1. Why did the Canadian government want to sign treaties? I think to expand the community.

2. Why did the Aboriginal people want to sign treaties? I think they thought they were running out of crops and supply.

3. What does the pipe ceremony represent? What is expected of those who participate? The pipe ceremony represents trust and expected an obligation to fulfill agreements in a respectful and trust worthy manner.

4. What was the significance of the buffalo at the time of treaty signings? They got every thing form buffalo for example shelter, blankets, and clothing.

5. How do Canadians benefit today from treaties? Treaties will continue to be the key elements in the future relationship between Aboriginal people and the Crown. they guide the way to a shared future and provide a context of mutual rights and responsibilities that ensure we can all enjoy Canada's benefits.

6. What does the concept “treaty” mean to First Nations people? A proms that you can't brake.

7. Who are the 4 nations that made

agreements in the area that was to become Saskatchewan? The 4 nations who made agreements in sask are the Cree, Saulteaux, Nakota, and Dene.

Article posted February 27, 2013 at 02:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

1. What was the story about? The story is about a

girl who is dropped off at her ant's house but she didn't even know her ant existed but she is more worried about if her parents were going to come back.

2. Did the main characters run into any problems? Yes they came to a lot of problems in the story.

3. Did you like the book? Yes I cant really say anything bad about the book.

4. If you could change something in the book,

what would it be? I would not change anything.

5. Would you recommend this book to another

person? Yes I think they would love this book.

6. What type of person would like this book? I think a person who likes mysteries.

1) Of all the videos you watched, which was your favourite and why? My favourite video was piano stairs because it was very amusing.

2)I think they would all work great because they are fun and one time I went to a restaurant and whenever you'd throw something away the trashcan would talk. It was hilarious!

3)I think a good idea for the fun theory is a robotic statue!

* What have you learned about Terry Fox today that you didn't know before?I learned that Terry Fox ran about 3339 miles in 147 Days!

* How has Terry's life made an impact on the world?

* Do you think Terry Fox is a hero?Yes because he ran with cancer!

* Why do you think that his story leaves such a lasting impression on people?

* What do you admire about Terry Fox?He ran with cancer and that is pretty cool.

One day there were three boys named Tony,Craig and Shawn. They were watching TV but then one of there mom's told them to go outside. So they went for a walk. Then one of them found a dragon eyed card. Moving on, all 3 boys ran for the card but then when the boys reached the ice separated from the other ice.

Which channel did you think was the most interesting?I thought the best one was the mex wolf one it was so cool.

Did you see anything that was interesting or surprising?I thought the close up came out of no ware and it was amazing.

If you could set up a live feed anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?Disney World deffinitey Disney because I could go on a bunch of rides.

I hate the video I think it was boring and out of focis.

I went paint balling for my birthday. I had so much fun. My favourite map was Nuke town.