-

by teacher: Ms. A. McKay
Seussical 05/02/12
SMOKING 03/26/12
The R Word 03/01/12
Ecological Footprint 02/02/12
Wild Earth T.V. 01/25/12
Gary Paulsen - Hatchet 01/18/12
FUNNY 12/08/11
12/08/11
The Fun Theory Questions 12/08/11
My Mommy 11/24/11

The musical Seussical was put on by Do It With Class. Mrs. Morris/Mrs. McKay’s grade 5 class and everybody else at MacNeill Elementary School went to the play on April 4th, 2012. The play was all of Dr. Seuss (Theodore Seuss Geisel’s) books put into one giant book. It was at the Conexus Art Center in Regina, SK.

I did not enjoy the play. The actors were great, though, because they acted out the characters from the books very well. I didn’t enjoy the play because it was a little bit childish.

The characters were very believable and well played. Their volume level was good. It was awesome how they stayed true to their characters but sometimes they weren’t perfect.

I think it made the play better when thy added trees and the clovers to all of the sets. It made the play more believable. It was cool how they had the lights because it was dark but we could see the people onstage. The costumes matched how the characters looked in the books and movies. Sound effects like the background music were interesting because it was the CD from all of the books and movies but the characters were singing.

The play was good, but I think I would’ve liked it more if I was a bit younger.

Here are 5 facts about smoking:

Fact #1: Smoking can damage your lungs and give you lung cancer.

Fact #2: Smoking can give you COPD.

Fact #3: If you smoke your teeth can eventually rot.

Fact #4: Smoking can lead to heart disease.

Fact #5: There are many cancer-causing chemicals in cigarettes.

Here are 5 opinions about smoking:

Opinion #1: Smoking is not cool.

Opinion #2: You should not start smoking.

Opinion #3: Only bad people smoke.

Opinion #4: Smoking is boring.

Opinion #5: Everybody should smoke.

After watching that video I won't say that word again. I used to say it lots but now I won't because after I watched the video, I realized that the R word is very, very offensive.

I think what they are doing is very nice and important. I think it is very sad when people say that because it hurts those people that are but cant help it.

I will never say the R word again because it is ignorant and people are offended by it. That is a very rude word so you shouldn't say it. People can't help it and it is not their fault.

Here are five things that i could do to reduce the size of my ecological footprint:

1) I could walk to school and other places more. I just live down the street from the school.

2) I could use the 3 R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

3) I could tell my family to stay at work and/or school for lunch so they do not have to waste the environment by driving home and back to school and/or work.

4) I could ride my bike and walk whenever I can to make sure my mom and dad's cars are used less.

5) I can eat less packaged food and eat at home more.

There is five things I could do to reduce the size of my ecological footprint.

1) Which channel did you think was the most interesting?

I liked the penguins because I thought that they did the most. I didn't watch all of the videos, but out of all of the videos, I really liked this one. Mostly because I love penguins. They are my second favorite animal, next to RHINOS!

2) Did you see anything that was interesting or surprising?

Not really, but if there was something it was one of the bear videos. The bear was not doing anything for, like, an hour.

3) Why do you think they have chosen to document nature in this way?

I think they wanted us to see what animals do. To me, it seems that they don't do much. But I think they wanted to see what we thought of animals. I think they are sort of lazy.

4) What benefits do you think this type of observation gives?

I think it shows to us that animals are like us in many ways. They are also different than us in many, many ways.

5) What do you think they are trying to learn more about?

I think they are trying to learn about what animals do.

6) If you could set up a live feed anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

It would probably be in the middle of a forest or jungle/safari because there is lots of animals there. People would see lots of animals.

1) Based on the first few chapters, do you think you will like this book? Explain why or why not.

I do think I will like this book. It sounds like a good book and it is an adventure book. I like adventure books, and I think Gary Paulsen is a good author. I have read many of his books before. 2) Describe how you might feel if you were in a similar situation to Brian. What do you think you would have done the same as him? What do you think you would have done differently?

I would be scared and feel alone. I think Brian was brave to do some of the things he did and I would probably do everything the same. 3) Make some predictions about what will happen in upcoming chapters. Explain why you have made these specific predictions. I think Brian will use his hatchet to cut down trees to make a house to live in. He will find rope and use a piece of wood that he cut with his hatchet to make a fishing pole. He will catch fish and eat them. 4) What do you notice about Gary Paulsen's writing style? Do you like his writing so far? What would you ask him if you had the opportunity to interview him?

He writes a lot of adventure books. I do like what he has written so far. I would probably ask him what inspired him to write this story. would really like to know. I think he likes to write adventure stories. I have read a couple of Gary Paulsen books. Most of the ones I read were adventure books. I really like all of his books.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 03:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Question: What did the 0 say to the 8?

Answer: Nice belt! :p

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 03:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

1) I liked the first one about the Volkswagen because now I know that I'm getting my dad a dvd player thingy like the one in that car for Christmas :) :) :)

2) I think the bottle machine works. I also liked that video. I think it'll work because it shows how recycling can be fun so more people will recycle.

3) I would probably make an arcade machine where there is a garbage and I sort-of got this from the bottle arcade machine but... Every time you put a garbage item and not a recycling item in it, you get a loonie. Recycling and garbaging stuff would be much funner. Don't judge me! Funner is a word!!

My mom is very important to me because she gave birth to me and she always cares for me. I love my mom so much and she is awesomely epic!!!