Copyright (c) 2014 by Jordan23 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jordan23 -- Blogmeister

Jordan23's Slam Dunk

2012-2013 Fourth Graders

We are a fourth grade class in Iowa gearing up for a great new adventure in learning. This year we will be using our blog to share what we are doing each week, along with thoughts about books we read and the writing we have done. Be sure to keep checking in to see what we are up to!

by Jordan23

teacher: Kay Reidy

Article posted April 26, 2013 at 01:57 PM GMT-6 • comment • Reads 70

Hi! We are finishing up our poetry projects will be starting realistic fiction in reading. In math today we are taking the fractions test. In science we are doing the weather and water unit. In Social Studies we will be doing the west region. It is getting nice out and school is almost finished! Enjoy our blog.

Article posted March 19, 2013 at 02:41 PM GMT-6 • comment • Reads 39

HI! We have been doing lots of things lately. We have been working on Biographies and our going to be doing research on a person. In math we our working on division. We learned how to do the steps like: Does McDonalds Sell Cheese Burger Shakes. See bottom of paragraph. In science we just finished studying the respiratory system. We are studying in social studies the Midwest region. School has been slow because we have had a LOT of snow days. Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy our blog.

Divide

Multiply

Subtract

Check

Bring down

Start over

Article posted February 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM GMT-6 • comment • Reads 41

Welcome back! We are now reading Historical Fiction in reading for the month of February. In Social Studies we have started Junior Achievement and have finished studying the Southeast region. We are starting to get every bodies animal report done and share them on our blogs. In math we are learning long multiplication. OH and we forgot to mention that Ms. Gallery is teaching us now! We hope you enjoy our blog and enjoy our website.

Article posted February 12, 2013 at 01:41 PM GMT-6 • comment (2) • Reads 91

Cheetahs

Are cheetahs mammals? Cheetahs are warm-blooded and mammals. Warm-blooded means that their body temperature stays the same.Their babies are born alive. When babies are born the mother cheetah feeds the babies her milk. Like other mammals cheetahs breathe with lungs and have true hair or fur. Also cheetahs have well developed brains. So cheetahs are mammals! Read the next paragraph to find out what cheetahs look like.

What do cheetahs look like? Cheetahs are 31 inches tall, 6 feet long, and their tail can be 2 feet long. Their weight is 100-120 pounds. They are also covered with fur. Cheetah's fur colors are yellow with black spots and its stomach is white. They really look furry, tough, and active. You have learned what cheetahs look like. Read the next paragraph to learn about where cheetahs live.

Where do cheetahs live? Cheetahs live in Africa and central Asia.The type of climate they have is warm and sunny where they live. They usually don't live in groups. Cheetahs don't migrate because they don't have to go anywhere for food. Their habitat's features are long weeds and dry desert like areas. So the live in Africa and Asia. Read more to learn about their diet.

What do cheetahs eat? Cheetahs are carnivores and are predators. Carnivore means they only eat meat. They eat birds, hares, gnus, warthogs, young zebras, and gazelles. Cheetahs kill their prey be hunting. They stand 300-600 feet away then it chases it. It will jump on its prey and bit the neck to kill it. It is easy for cheetahs to get food because it has long skinny legs for running. Cheetahs are carnivores and eat a lot! Read more to learn about sleeping and defense.

How do cheetahs defend themselves and what are their sleeping habits. Cheetahs enemies are jaguars, leopards, lions, hyenas, tigers, and people. People kill cheetahs for their fur. They defend themselves by using sharp short claws and sharp teeth. They also run away.Their physical adaptations are their fur because they can use it for camouflage. Cheetahs are diurnal which means they are active in the day. Mother cheetahs keep moving their cubs to keep away from predators. Thank you for reading my report. Want to learn more about cheetahs? Be sure to go to your public library.

Sources:

Title: Big Cats: Cheetahs

Author: Victor Gentle and Janet Perry/ Don Middleton

Title: Cheetahs

World Book Online Encyclopedia

Article posted January 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM GMT-6 • comment • Reads 39

Welcome back,

For the past week we have been working on our animal projects for science. In social studies we are working on the southeast region. We have done a virtual tour around the southeast. In math we are working on decimals. In reading we are working on authors purpose p.i.e. We now have a new helper in our class named Ms. Gallery. We hope you enjoy our blog.

Article posted October 22, 2012 at 09:28 AM GMT-6 • comment • Reads 55

I think it would be good to tell people what we're learning about. I have never done a blog before and I think that it will be a good experience. I can tell people what my favorite things are. I can share my thoughts. I can share what I'm thinking about with millions of people around the world.

My favorite sport is basketball. My favorite food is cheese fries. My favorite place to eat in town is Pizza Ranch.