Copyright (c) 2014 by logan r Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
logan r -- Blogmeister

Logan's Blog

72

A cozy little stop where, technology in language arts, history and geography, meld together for Room 301 students at Deer Park.

by logan r

teacher: Mr. D

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 180

Today I am going to do this blog about a novel we read in school and a movie based on the novel. The novel and movie is called "And Then There Were None". Here are some Comparisons and some Differences from the movie and book.

Comparisons

The novel and the movie have the same name. Most of the characters have the same names such as Mrs. and Mr. Rogers, Philip Lombard (even though he turned out to be a spy with a different name), Vera Claythorne, Emily Brent, Dr. Armstrong, William Henry Blore. The rest of the characters have different names. Also the Island and mansion are the same.

Differences

Here are some differences in the movie from the novel. No trains or taxi's at the beginning. No-one talked on the ride there. Some characters names are different such as Anthony Marston - Prince Nikita Starloff. The judge - Judge Francis J. Quinncannon. The General - General John Mandrake. Blore doesn't have a fake identity. Dr. Armstrong plays piano. Anthony Marston didn't have an Aston Martin. The little Indian statues got broken not taken. The General is hard of hearing. Blore sees Lombards gun, he doesn't show it to him. The alliance is of four people not three. Vera knows the poem "Ten Little Indians" off by heart in the movie but in the novel, she sees it on here wall in her room. Everything is happening much quicker. Not everyone confessed to their murders immediately. Lombard didn't rule out the women, instead he considers them. Prince Nikki doesn't die immediately when he drinks the poison. Lombard is under cover as Charles Morley. Lombard doesn't get shot by Vera she misses on purpose. And in the end there are two left and the judge drinks poison, he didn't shoot himself.

The movie version is very dramatized and the characters and plot is a lot different. Characters different in their personalities and plot different in some things are different in what happens to people and how.

I think that overall, the movie isn't as good as the novel because the movie was too dramatized like everyone was so sofisticated and at the end it was a different, more happy ending than the book. So in conclusion, I think that the book is worth reading more than the movie is worth watching.

I am comparing and contrasting these two cities.

Click here for full screen version

Last week in class, we talked about a new school schedule. It would be the same classes except, at different times. Instead of school starting at 9:00AM, it would start at 10:00AM. And instead of finishing at 3:20PM, it would finish at 4:20PM.

I didn't agree because of a lot of reasons that didn't suit me personally and I think that the hours should stay the same. There are a lot of complications at home that just don't work with this like I have outside of school sports activities, I have a younger sister that i need to keep an eye on when I get home and if my school ends at 4:20, I won't be home before her. My older brother takes me home on the subway so that won't work. Etc, etc.

Also it would mean less time to do homework because school would finish later. So I am definately against this new schedule.

-Logan R.

At school, our tables had to come up with new years resolutions. Everyone at our table came up with 3 and we shared them. Then as a group, we decided the top 5 and put them on a list together. Then we decided the best one and we had to abide by it for 2 months.

My group is called group #4 because we are the forth table from the left and second from the right. We made our resolution "Make atleast 5 people smile everyday". We thought that that was important because doctors have proven that if you smile often, it makes you feel happy which can actually keep you healthier.

Everyday I hav made more than 5 people smile so I think that I am doing well with the resolution. But I also think that it is a bit to easy and I would have preferred a harder resolution. Resolutions are fun so if you haven't already made one, I suggest you do and if you have made one, stick to it.

My teacher has asked my class to write a blog article entitled, My Holidays. I asked him if I could write a fictional holiday. So, this is a holiday that I have made up.

It was December 20th, one day after the last day of school and one day after my sister's birthday. I had my Swiss Air ticket in my hand. It was the ticket of my life. It was the vacation of my life. It was my plane ticket to Hawaii. I have never been to Hawaii before so I was looking forward to it very much. Today, I was going to Hawaii.

On the plane, I got to sit in the cockpit with the pilot before we took off, but I liked my first class seat better. About halfway through the flight, the stewardess brought around the Swiss chocolates. I politely said "May I have two?" I was in luck, they let me have five. Since I was in first class, there were different chocolates than Business and Economy.

When we landed, it was just like in the movies, these people were giving out the flower necklaces. Hawaii was beautiful. Spectacular. Amazing. I couldn't wait until I got to go swimming, play tennis, get a professional massage, and most of all, relax.

One of the best things was, there was no snow. I was looking forward to doing all of those things but I was also looking forward to getting home for Christmas Eve.

On December 24th, I arrived home at 10:00 AM. I went to bed and in the morning, well you know the rest.

-Logan R.

Article posted December 14, 2008 at 09:32 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 50

Hey eveeryone,

Today I have chosen to write about another "Joga Bonito" video on account of, I have another freebie blog for this week.

This video is all about Street Football, or Street Soccer( as they would say it in North America).

Street Football is a very popular sport in Europe. It is not a real sport played by professional athelets but instead it is played by normal people.

It is basically normal Soccer except it is not on grass and it has some different rules such as...

There are not throw ins or corners unless the ball goes over a fence, only ruinning shoes allowed, and you do not have to wear shin pads.

This video tapes professional Soccer player playing it with normal people.

-Logan R.

Article posted December 14, 2008 at 09:06 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 50

A couple days ago, my schoo's Senior Girl's Basketball final was going. They were facing Jesse Ketchum and 100 students out of the 150 students in grade seven got to go. It was the first hundred that signed up got to go. I thought that everyone would go so I decided to not hand my form in because it would be a wast of time.The day after, I found out that only fourteen people signed up so I handed mine in.

On the day, all the kids that were going got to leave their third period class, and eat lunch early. This was because the game started after lunch and we needed to get there in time. When we got on the bus, my friends and I played verbal games to pass the time.

When we got there, the game had already started and we were winning by two points. Then Deer Park started to do really well and we started to score points every 5 minutes. In the end, we won the game by a lot and we brang home the trophy.

After the game we returned to school and we finished our sixth period class.

-Logan R.

Article posted November 25, 2008 at 02:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

For three and a half years of my life, I lived in the Kingdon of Saudi Arabia. I will never forget my experiences, my personal scars, and even the law there. It was a very strange law there. Well that is to me and a lot of other people i know. Some of the laws there, we brake everyday here. Such as in KSA, there is no pork allowed even in the country. That is because the Pig is a sacred animal in the religon of Islam. Another one is that there is to be no alcohol in the country. But some of the laws there are just down right cruel. Especially to women.

In Saudi Arabia, women are not allowed to drive. They have to wear an Abaya which is a black sort of robe and head scarf that is either allowed to show the head (that is what my mum whore), one that had eye slits, or one that was spedially made so they could see through it but no-one could see in. Those covered the whole face. The worst thing was that it was black and that colour attracts heat so on summer and even spring days when the temperature got up to fourty-five degrees celcius they would rather be in an over than outside.

Women were not the only people that wear traditional Arab clothing. Men wear it too but under much less harsh conditions. Actually, I wore a Thobe and Gutra once just to see how it felt and it was really comfortable. Anyways, the Thobe is the white robe they wear and the Gutra is the red and white checkered head piece they wear. Colour wise, I'd rather wear the men's clothes than the women's clothes because white repels heat.

Like in America during the time period of racism and slavery, women are segregated from men and girls from boys. They went to different schools, different work places and if you were not related or married, home.

So in my conclusion, I would never regret moving to Saudi Arabia because of the experience of their culture, their laws, their homes, and most of all, the people I have met there. But if you are a women, it might not be at the top of yourdream lifestyle list.

Today, I am going to do a blog on a scene in a book that my class has read. I am going to do it as another character's point of view. Here it goes.

I turned around and saw a scary sight. It was Cassie arguing with a white man. Poor girl. She doesn't know any better. One day we will be equal. In the mean time, I'll have to stop her from them white men before they hurt her.

"Cassie, you stop harrasing that man and his daughter" I shouted.

"But Big Ma"! Cassie whined.

"I don't want to hearit. Now apologize" I said sternly.

"Sorry" Cassie said.

"Now let's go Cassie" I said.

"Sorry for all the trouble" I apologized.

"Come on Cassie" I said softly.

"Coming Big Ma" said Cassie while frowning.

That was a close call, I felt like tearing them white people apart. But I just can't. I wish Cassie would understand.

"Why can they do that Big Ma" Cassie asked me.

"You wouldn't understand Cassie girl" I stated.

"Some day you'll know" I said.

"Some day" I repeated.

-Logan R.

Article posted November 11, 2008 at 01:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

1. Mr. Morrison is a new character in the book and has come to the Logan’s home to help them out with some of the chores around the house. This is because Papa will be away a lot and the mother can’t do all the work herself. Mr. Morrison is tall, muscular but he had scars on his skin from fire. He also had deep lines on his face and gray hair. His eyes were clear.

2. The events that lead to the Berry’s house being burnt down was that the man who lived there was John Henry Berry and people have been disliking him ever since he came back from the war. One day when he was stopping for gas at a gas station when some white men came up o the car and said “That’s the n='http://* Sallie Ann said was flirtin’ with her.” And when they heard that they left. Then when they were back on the road they started ramming the back of the white men’s car and when they realized that they were running out of gas they went to their uncle’s house and the white men lit the house on fire.

3. Papa says that because there are a lot of bad kids there smoking and drinking and one day, they are going to get in a lot of trouble for doing that.

4. The Logan children use dried calf skins that stank when wet for rain coats because they couldn’t afford store bought rain coats.

5. After the bus incident, the children don’t speak to Jeremy because they are scared about what had happened. I don’t think it was right because the kids chose to dig the hole and Jeremy didn’t know it was going to happen.

6. The Logan’s got revenge on the bus by digging up big holes on the road and when the rain fell, it would fill them up with water so the bus would break down and the white kids would have to walk to and from school.

7. Mr. Avery comes to the house to warn the Logan family about the white men coming to do something bad, most likely to burn their house down. What he says means that the white men are coming and they are riding in their trucks.

8. Mr. Morrison’s real job at the house is to protect the family from the white men.

9. Cassie feels sick and paralyzed when she is caught outside and then relieved that it was only the dog that found her.

Chapter 4 Questions

1. Cassie doesn’t tell Big Ma or Mama about the bus incident because the kids all swore that they wouldn’t say anything to anyone about it.

2. The children do not know much about Mr. Morrison but Cassie saw him with a gun so they might think that he is dangerous to them. Stacey wants to know more about him.

3. The kids ended up at the Wallace store because Stacey was going there because T.J. was there and he wanted revenge so all the kids followed Stacey to the Wallace store.

4. The man Big Ma married bought the land from a man called Mr. Hollenbeck. He bought 200 acres of it. The people wanted to buy it back but Big Ma and her husband didn’t want to sell it back o them.

Hey my name is Logan I am 12 years old and I created this blog. I go to Deer Park Public School in Toronto, Ontario. I love soccer and I my position is forward. My favourite soccer team is Arsenal FC which is based in London, England. They play in the Barclays English Premier League and their biggest rivals are Manchester United FC and also Chelsea FC. My birthday is April 30th. I have a mom, a dad, an older brother, and a younger sister. I have a PS3 and a Wii. My favourite game is Fifa 08 and I can’t wait until Fifa 09 comes out in Canada. My favourite foods are pizza, pasta, ribs, and every kind of soup. I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for three and a half years. I really like art and design and when I grow up I want to become a soccer player or an Interior Designer or a Photographer.