All About ME!-

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

Over all, I think 7th grade has been the best year yet! I have had a good year academically and personally. One thing that didn’t go so well was Spanish, my worst class (there’s always next year). I have made new friends and learned more about myself. This year was great, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

My guiding question was: Why did the Chinese wear what they did?

Chinese people wore many different styles of traditional clothing which haven’t changed much over the past hundreds of years. I also learned about how much cotton and silk made an impact on today’s world. The most interesting part for me was learning about what the higher, rich class wore. They had very elegant, decorated and expensive clothing.

When we went to look at other projects I learned about the Coliseum, Japanese clothing, and many more. I thought that the World History Fair was really fun and successful, I defiantly learned a lot.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

My world history fair topic is Chinese clothing. I learned a lot about how Chinese people, rich and poor, dressed in ancient times. These different social classes had separate styles. I also researched the impact of cotton and silk on China. I really enjoyed studying this topic and I learned so much about traditional Chinese clothing.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Watching the Ernest Green story made me realize how hard it was for African-Americans to be in white schools. It made me upset that people would be so cruel to someone they won’t even try to get to know. I wouldn’t have been able to do what they did, but they kept persevering through their hard times. The kids at Little Rock Nine made a great deal of change for today’s world through a lot courage when times couldn’t seem to get worst.

I can’t wait until summer; I have so much I am going to do. I will be helping out with my church by volunteering to teach kid in vacation bible school and I am going on a mission trip to Leadville. I will also be going to Texas to visit my family. This summer I may also be doing volleyball at the Y with some of my friends. This summer is going to be so much fun!

I thought that International Towne was a really enriching and fun experience. I learned a lot. I learned how to handle my money when doing foreign exchange. My favorite thing was being able to work the sound board in Germany. If I could change anything I would change the foreign exchange so that it will have a service rate on it because that happens a lot when you are really traveling to other countries. Over all, I really liked going to International Towne and it was a really fun field trip.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

I surprisingly like the book Seedfolks. When I first started I didn’t like it at all but when I got towards the end I saw how a garden could bring so many different people together to do one great thing for their community. This huge act started with one simple act from a little girl named Kim. Kim is my favorite character because instead of sitting around and morning her dad’s death she went out and did something great despite what happen to her family. We did a lot of fun activities but my favorite activity so far has been painting rocks because I made mine look like a pretty lion!

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

We dissected chicken wings to learn how mussels and ligaments worked together to move the wing. I thought that it was a good learning experience and I personally learned a lot. I didn’t think it was that disgusting because it’s the same thing that you eat for dinner, so it didn’t bother me at all.

Article posted May 1, 2012 at 01:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 41

Playing with words:

Neptune says hi

Up in the sky

From down below

Her pink dress flows

Wishing she was there

Instead of here

Wanting to be free

Like a bird

Flying over Neptune

Her pink dress flows

She will say hi

Up in the sky.