Copyright (c) 2014 by Louise Maine Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Louise Maine -- Blogmeister

Hurricane Maine-

Hurricane Maine

Thoughts and activities here in my Academic Biology, Science for Living and Science 9 classes in a small rural High School in the Weather Capital of the World (Punxsutawney, PA).

by Louise Maine

Mrs. Maine's Punxsy web page
Mrs. Maine's wiki
Mrs. Maine's ning
Mrs. Maine's blog

So what is a blog? It is a web log that was unintentionally written one day as we blog. The blog name has stuck to today.

A log is like a diary and the blog is kept online. The entries are kept in reverse chronological order with the newest showing first.

Consider your page work that you have done. Others can comment on what you are saying or ask you questions. The difference between the wiki and the blog is the ability to comment.

I have been a teacher for 18 years and have a Bachelors in Biology and a Masters in Science Ed. Throughout my education, I have seen reforms come and go, but the underlying theme has been the same. In this world of ever changing information, it is more important to be able to make the big connections and be able to use and communicate information. Because of this, I am currently refocusing what I want my students to know and be able to do. Using technology and new tools has revitalized my teaching and I am enthusiastic about the change. I believe that blogs will serve an important function in the classroom.

I love to learn and teach. By writing about what I know or am working on, I share that knowledge but also gain the knowledge of others who write as well. This is a great forum for sharing ideas.

I feel as a teacher that students have plenty to say and need to have avenues to say it. Parents should be welcome to view our classroom through the blog.

Blogs are a great way to get your point across and read the thoughts of others. By writing your thoughts down, you are able to really mull them over and read the contributions of others.

1st period Science for Living
2nd period Science for Living
3rd period Science 9
5th period Academic Biology
7th period Academic Biology

I have a MEd in Science and a Bachelors in Biology. I usually have more questions than answers (it keeps you learning). I thrive on contradictions. What I believe and what I practice are not the same (I don't pretend that they are and continue to work towards that actually happening). Every day is a new beginning. If you have no doubt, you miss a great learning opportunity. * This Zen quote seems important lately: ā€œGreat doubt, great enlightenment. Little doubt, little enlightenment. No doubt, no enlightenment.ā€