Copyright (c) 2014 by Denton Dynamos Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Denton Dynamos -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos' Discussions

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by Denton Dynamos

Mr. Dugger's Class
Mrs. Brown - Saskatchewan - Grade 6,7
Mr. Crosby - Nevada - Grade 5
Moturoa's Class - New Zealand
KinderKids - Mrs. Knee in New Hampshire
Mrs. H - Top Dogs - 5th Grade
Ms. Mercer - California - 5th Grade
Mrs. Smith - Huzzahs in Vancoover Island
Denton Dynamos Home Page
New Brunswick Language Immersion Grade 5
The Dream Extreme Grade 5 Oregon
Mrs. Smith
Mr. Gonzolez - Washington State
Mrs. Andree - Thailand
Mrs. Lubich - Colorado
Solar System For Kids

Title: The Social Studies State Test (11/17/07)
Description: Just this week, we took the NYS Social Studies Exam for Fifth Grade. We have worked hard, learning test taking strategies, finding out about DBQs (Document Based Questions), and studying social studies content. Now that the test is over, tell us about your experience. What did you think it would be like? How did the real thing compare to what you were expecting? Do you think you were prepared? What do you wish you had known going into the test? What would you tell next year's fifth graders? Be honest and thorough. Remember to edit carefully. Be sure to link to the assignment.

The experience from the Social Studies Test was quite different than what I had thought it would be. I thought the test would be challenging, hard, and complicated. But when I finished the the test, I thought it was pretty easy.

I think I was well prepared because, even though it was different from what we learned, it still had the same idea of knowing how to do the essay.

I wished I had known better on how to write a organized comparing and contrasting essay because, if I'd known it better it would have been more comfortable, and easier than not knowing that that kind of essay would show up.

I would recommend to the next years 5th graders, to not to worry too much because, it would make you more confused.

The most important is to listen carefully to what your teachers are saying to you because it helps you prepare for the test.

I was expecting the New York state social studies test to be a little harder than it actually was. I think that I was prepared for something harder than the social studies test. I wish I had known that the test wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be. That way I wouldn't have been so nervous. I would tell the next year's fifth graders that if you pay attention in class you will not have to worry about taking the test. So pay attention during test prep and social studies.

My experience with the Social Studies State Test was that it wasn't so bad. I thought the test was hard in some parts and easy in the others. On day one when I was about to start my test I got really nervous. Then after the test was over I felt really relieved (even though it was easy). On day two I was nervous again. I didn’t think I was going to finish in time, but I did. Now I feel happy that it’s over. I predicted the test was going to be harder than it was. I was surprised because what I thought about the test and what I predicted was really different. The difference was that it was easier than I thought it would be. I thought I was somewhat prepared. The night before, I studied about all different social studies related subjects. I wish I had known more facts about government and Native Americans before I took the test. I would tell next year’s fifth graders that there’s nothing to be nervous about while taking the test.

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 02:18 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 34

This week we took the New York Social Studies Test. I thought it would be beyond hard. I think this becuase I did not know what was on the test. What would happen if I wasn't prepared for it? When I took the test I found out that I was prepared for it. However, there were some questions that were a little challenging. I was expecting to skip most of the questions, but the questions I sipped on the test, I wasw able to do the best I can. I took my best guess on those questions. I wish that I had known what was on the test so I could have been prepared for it. If I got anything wrong, I could have gotten it right and knowing the correct answer.

This is some of my advice for next year's fifth graders. Do not worry about the test. Just relax and do the best you can. If you do not know a question on the test, just skip it and come back to it later. This is exactly what I did.

The day before I took the test I thought the test was really hard. But on the day of the test it was really easy. Like the questions on the test were really easy. I liked the multiple choice part. I think that I wasn’t really well prepared but I think that I didn’t need to prepare for the test because it was so easy. I wish that I had known that was going to be on the test so I could get every question right on the test. The DBQ (Document Based Question) part of the test was a bit hard but most of the questions I think I got right. Well all of the DBQ questions are based on the article. Whoever is reading this article and is a fourth grader remember to study harder and get well prepared for the test because every year the test is different. It might be harder or it might be easier. Also remember to read everthing carefully before you answer the question. So fourth graders that are reading this remember preparing and studying for the test is very important.

Hi! I'm Katherine. Last week, I took the Social Studies Test. The following questions are what I can easily answer: Do you think you were prepared? What would you tell next year's fifth graders?

I think I was prepared because ever since my mom heard about the test, she hired a Social Studies teacher and has tought me well. The teacher gave me practice books or packs to do that was from the year before or the year before that year.

I would tell next year's fifth graders to hire a teacher. It really helps a lot. Make sure your teacher is doing something a little above your level. Only a little. And tell your parent if you think you need an advanced class. Doing easy stuff won't help. You are not going to do progress if that occurs.

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

We are a fourth grade class on Long Island, NY, USA. We love blogging and connecting with other classes. Our teacher is Mrs. Parisi. She enjoys using technology to help us be successful in school.