Copyright (c) 2014 by Denton Dynamos Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Denton Dynamos -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos' Discussions

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by Denton Dynamos

Mr. Dugger's Class
Mrs. Brown - Saskatchewan - Grade 6,7
Mr. Crosby - Nevada - Grade 5
Moturoa's Class - New Zealand
KinderKids - Mrs. Knee in New Hampshire
Mrs. H - Top Dogs - 5th Grade
Ms. Mercer - California - 5th Grade
Mrs. Smith - Huzzahs in Vancoover Island
Denton Dynamos Home Page
New Brunswick Language Immersion Grade 5
The Dream Extreme Grade 5 Oregon
Mrs. Smith
Mr. Gonzolez - Washington State
Mrs. Andree - Thailand
Mrs. Lubich - Colorado
Solar System For Kids

Title: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (02/03/11)
Description: As part of our fantasy unit, we read the book The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis. Then we watched the movie. Now it is time to compare the two, looking for similarities and differences, as well as elements of fantasy. Follow the list below to complete your assignment.

1. Explain the elements of the story: magic, good vs. evil, realism, a quest, and an author's purpose.

2. Compare the book to the movie - similarities and differences. Think large, not small. Don't tell us about the color of their clothes, instead talk about events and the order of events. Discuss at least 3 of each.

3. Which did you enjoy more - the book or the movie? Tell us why.

4. Be sure to stay focused and organized. Use a graphic organizer if it will help you.

5. Elaborate on your ideas.

6. Answer all the questions within a cohesive essay.

7. Edit carefully.

8. Add a picture to help make your point.

This blog assignment is due on February 18th. If you want suggestions, you must submit the blog by the morning of February 14th. The graphic organizer is due on February 9th.

Article posted February 14, 2011 at 02:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 223

In The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis, four British siblings(Edmund,Peter,Susan, and Lucy) enter a magical world full of ogres, monsters, and scary creatures. They find out that they have to kill the Queen of Narnia. If they don’t she will destroy Narnia. Also, they have to kill the queen because if they don’t she will capture and kill Edmund. Before the battle begins, the queen starts to lose her power, so slowly the decades old winter in Narnia turns into spring. While the people of Narnia were preparing to fight, the queen came and talked to Narnia to make an agreement for Aslan to sacrifice himself in order to save himself. In the movie’s end, Aslan doesn’t have to sacrifice himself because the queen kills Edmund, but Susan has a type of medicine that will heal anybody. So, Edmund comes back to life and Narnia is saved.

In this book and the movie, there are many elements, including: magic, good vs. evil, realism, a quest, and an author's purpose. Throughout the story, magic is everywhere. For one reason, it is always snowing in Narnia. Also, when people are in Narnia, real time freezes and not much time passes in the real world. There is also magic in this story because there are talking ogres and fawns in the story. Both of these creatures are magical.

In the story, there is good vs. evil because the queen represents evil and the Pevensie siblings and Aslan represent good. The queen is evil because she tries to kill Edmund even though he does a lot for her, like convincing the three other siblings to come to Narnia. The Pevensie siblings are good because they always stick together and they promise to save Narnia. Also, they are good because they never give up (even when Mr. Tumnus gets kidnapped) and try their best to save him. The realism in the book and the movie are the events that take place in the real world. In the real world, they have horses, cars, castles, and schools. In Narnia, there is very little realism because most of Narnia is magical and fake. Near the end of the book, there is more realism in Narnia because they have flowers, it’s not winter anymore, and because the place becomes more realistic. In this story the quest is to save Narnia before the queen destroys Narnia and she will rule all of Narnia.

I believe that the author’s purpose for writing this story is to teach us a lesson. A lesson that is we should never betray people we are close to. C.S. Lewis showed that in the book when Edmund betrayed his siblings to go with the queen, only to later find out how evil and sinister she really was.

One main difference in the book and the movie was that in the beginning of the movie they showed a bombing scene, but in the book there was no bombing scene. Another difference is how they got into the wardrobe. In the book it said Mrs. Macready, who was showing the house to visitors, was coming so they hid in the wardrobe as a hideout. However, in the movie the kids were playing cricket and broke a window.Mrs. Macready was furious, so they ran into the wardrobe. A third difference between the story and book is that in the movie the Queen killed Edmund, but was later brought back to life by Susan’s special medicine. This part did not happen in the book. A similarity in the book and movie is how they got into Narnia, because in the book and movie it said they got into Narnia by a wardrobe. Another similarity is the part when Peter had his first battle.The wolves were going to Attack Susan and lucky but when Lucy blew the horn Peter came to help.The setting in both the movie and book was also the same.In the movie and book they killed Aslan in similar ways.

I liked the book better because when you read the book first you enjoy it more but then when you see the movie you’re really mad. Also, the movie is not as detailed as the book.In the book, there are so many conflicting thoughts going through your mind. In the movie you can’t really think about it because you can already see it.However, I think the movie version was good too because it made some important scenes more dramatic.

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 01:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Our class has just recently finished reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and watching the movie in class. It was a lot of fun!

There were many elements in the story. For instance, magic, good vs. evil, author’s purpose, realism, and a quest. Magic has an incredibly large role in the movie and book. There are animals that talk, and even animals that don’t exist here, but are real in worlds such as Narnia. Also, there is only one world that has life, which is Earth. The good are the animals such as Aslan (the King; Lord of the woods), Mr. Beaver and Mrs. Beaver. Peter, Edmund, Susan, and Lucy are also on the good side. The evil side is the White Witch(who makes it always winter but never Christmas), and the Narnian creatures that support the her. The realism in this book and movie occurred in the beginning. It started out perfectly normal, having four children sent off to live somewhere else because of a war. There was no sign of magic, or anything that would not seem real in the beginning. The quest is the four children going through the journey of trying to defeat and overthrow the evil White Witch who claims she is the ‘Queen of Narnia’. The author’s purpose of writing this story was to entertain people, such as C.S. Lewis’s goddaughter, Lucy Barfield.        

While we were watching the Narnia movie, I noticed that there were some differences between the book and the movie. For example, how the movie and the book started at the very, very beginning.

The movie started with the four children at a train station, ready to be transported to the Professor's grand house. They were all crying and saying good-bye to their mother. When the four children were on the train, it slowly rolled forward and they stuck their heads out of the window, waving at their mom. In the book, it started with having Peter, Edmund, Susan, and Lucy already settled in the ancient, mansion. They were sent to an old Professor's house, and at the moment, they were about to go to bed.        

Though there were differences, I knew that there were also some similarities. Like the time when the older ones such as Peter, Susan, and Edmund didn’t believe Lucy about Narnia when she discovered the new, magical world.

Lucy stepped into a room, and found it was empty. The most prominent item in the room was a big, brown wardrobe. Lucy was surprised when the door to the wardrobe opened. She slowly took a careful step in, noting not to close the wardrobe door. After a few steps, she thought to herself, By jove, this must be a huge wardrobe! Then, snow appeared under her feet. She was in Narnia. After meeting a Faun, and spending a few hours with him in his cave, Lucy finally decided it was time to go back to her brothers and sister. When she jumped out of the wardrobe, she went to inform the others that she was all right, and that they did not need to worry about her.

“What are talking about?” Susan asked Lucy.

“Well? Haven’t you been wondering where I was after being gone for hours and hours?” Lucy asked in disbelief. The others thought her crazy. After Lucy explained to them about all she had witnessed and experienced, her older siblings still did not believe her. This happened in both book and movie.

Another difference between the book and the movie was how all four children entered Narnia together.

In the book, they discovered Narnia because they didn’t want to be caught by Mrs. Macready while she was on one of her tours. One day, Peter and Edmund were observing a suit of armor. They were both wondering, Could we take it to bits?, when the girls suddenly rushed in the room.

“Quick! Mrs. Macready is coming with a bunch of guests on a tour!” Susan and Lucy exclaimed with alarm. They had no where else to hide, so they all leaped into the wardrobe, which was near where they were. In there, Peter and Susan discovered Narnia with Lucy and Edmund.

In the movie, they were playing Cricket, and Edmund accidentally hit the ball and created a hole in the window. When they went in to check if the window was all right, they heard Mrs. Macready speaking to her guests in a room nearby. They all ran and ended up in the wardrobe as a hiding spot. This is how all four ended up in Narnia in the movie and book, being both ways were different.

Reading both the book and watching the movie was a great experience. Though in my opinion I think I liked the book better. I liked the book better because it had a lot of details, and I could picture the story the way I imagined it. The book also told us what the characters thought. Plus, in some parts of the movie, I couldn’t see what was happening on the SmartBoard. But all in all, it was exciting along the way, reading the book and watching the movie, even with its similarities and differences.   

Article posted February 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 100

By:Giselle Correia

In my class we were reading the book Narnia and I realized something with the book and the movie, lets see if you could find out what.

In Narnia the movie says that Edmond is not so sure that he should go with the witch because he doesn't to leave his family, in the book he says because he wants to be king “So, Peter is going to be king to?” And that means that he doesn’t care about his family and in the book he did. That changes Edmond's character.

And Lucy stays the same the whole time a little brave, cry when sees someone special dead, and joyful.The same thing in the book.That’s a similarity of the movie and the book.

A difference is Susan’s character. In the book she was silence and a little shy that is only little similar in the beginning when Susan says they should go back home and that she knows that something will happen to someone.But after that she was pretty brave and so not the character that they put in the book.

Peter is the same thing brave, not scared and the oldest one there.

Did you find out what? Well lets see the clues, all I take about was charters, and I said a lot of alike and differences, so it means I was talking about alikes and differences on charters.

I like the movie better than the book because it shows me more about it and I love the war seen.

Article posted February 18, 2011 at 01:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 79

I was at the store today picking out a present for my cousins birthday party. She really likes The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe. I didn’t know which one to pick, the movie or the book. Wait. Let me think about what I know already.

In the beginning of the book and the movie it all had to do with the kids getting on a train to get out of London. But in the book it started in the house. In the movie it started in the house when the Blitz started (Blitz is the bombing in London in world war II). Two totally different things.

Also both the book and the movie Lucy gets into the wardrobe and meets Mr.Tumnus. In the book and the movie the character importance is totally different. For example Mr.Tumnus isn’t really that important in the book. Appears once maybe twice in the book that's all. But in the movie Mr.Tumnus is really important. He appears five or six times the whole time.

Finally the kids (except Edmund) both in the movie and the book got followed into the river by the wolfs. What totally freaked me out was that in the movie Mr.Beaver gets bitten in the neck by the wolf which didn’t happen in the book.

After a few minutes of thinking about this I hold the book and the movie in my hand. I put back the.........(drum-roll) Movie!! Why? Well because the book has a lot more details. Also you can feel how the person, or animal, feels just by a few powerful words. I bought the book and gave it to my cousin.

Which ever one you like, the movie or the book it doesn’t matter. For the book will be different form the movie and the movie will be different from the book. So which one will you pick, the book or the movie? It’s your choice!

By Alexandra

In the book and movie The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe, there were similarities and differences. Below you will read about both.

This book fits into the fantasy genre. There was magic throughout the book. The White Witch and her side of Narnia, which included Edmund (in the beginning) were evil and they were against Aslan and his side of Narnia which included the three other siblings named Lucy, Peter and Susan. Eventually Edmund joined his siblings. The quest in the story at first was to save Edmund from the evil side, but then it changed to defeat the White Witch of Narnia. I think the author’s purpose of this story was that good always beats evil.

There were a few similarities between the book and the movie. In both there are all the same characters. They all act the same in both the book and the movie. Here are some examples. Lucy was the first one to discover Narnia. The children in the story, Lucy, Susan, Edmund and Peter all entered the wardrobe together to get to Narnia. The characters in Narnia are the same also, but some of the characters are shown and talked about more in the movie than in the book.

First, in the book it mentioned that their father went to fight a war, but in the movie the beginning started with the dropping of bombs and the kids and their mother running to the cellar for safety. Then they went on the train to go to the professor’s house. None of this was in the book at all.

Another difference is Mr. Tumnus. In the book he was only mentioned in the beginning. In the movie he was shown a lot and his character was developed more. He met Aslan and Edmund in the movie and stayed with them throughout the movie. This did not happen in the book.

The next difference between the book and the movie is the White Witch. In the book the White Witch is a mean character from the start. In the movie she is nice and then turns mean and cruel. She turns mean when she hears Aslan is on his way to defeat her.

One more difference is how the four children get into Narnia. In the book, the four kids were hiding in the wardrobe and stepped back and then they felt snow under their feet and they knew they were in Narnia. In the movie, the four children were playing cricket, Edmund swung the stick which hit the ball, which hit the window. They ran upstairs before the professor found out. They hid in a wardrobe. They backed up in the wardrobe and they were in Narnia.

I enjoyed both the book and the movie, but if I had to pick one I would choose the movie because more characters were brought to life and made Narnia more interesting. I felt you got to know the characters better in the movie.

Chronicles of Narnia Similarities&Differences

Concept 1:Chronicles of Narnia book Concept 2:Chronicles of Narnia movie

Similarity

The book and the movie are alike when Lucy Gets out of the wardrobe and told everyone what she saw in Narnia, but no one believed her and she got upset. When Ms. McCreedy was about to open the door, the four kids got into the wardrobe and closed it (which they knew was very silly). The kids had finally believed Lucy when when they steped into the world of Narnia.

Differences

Book

The book starts in London at Ms. McCreedy’s house when the kids play hide and seek. When Lucy tries to find a hiding spot, she entered a room and found a wardrobe which lead her to the world of Narnia.

Movie

The movie starts when the kids are in the city and World War II (known as the “Blitz”) was happening. Edmund wanted to be with his dad, but he had to stay with Peter. Then the kids go on a train that took them to London.

With Regard To:

Lucy,Susan,Peter,Edmund,and the “Blitz” such as World War II.

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

The Chronicles Of Narnia

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

I enjoyed both the book and the movie of “The

Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion,The Witch and The Ward-

robe”. They both have similarities and differences.

Both the book and the movie are similar, they have

wars, WWII and the war of Narnia. The characters are

basically the same. The endings are the same.

The book and the movie are different in some ways.

In the book the statues come back to life and help to

fight in the war. In the movie many fighters weren't

statues. In the book Mr Tumnus did not give the crown

to one of the kids. In the movie Mr Tumnus gave the

crown to one of the kids. Another difference is in the

book the kids and the two beavers leave before the

wolves come. In the movie the kids and the two beavers

left during the wolf attack, also there’s a good wolf

that fights the bad wolves. In the book there’s no

wolf on their side. One more difference is that in the

book they leave Narnia when they’re kids but in the

movie they leave twenty years in the future.

It was very interesting comparing the book and

the movie. They were both very good. The author’s

purpose for writing this book was to show that good

always wins the evil. The war ended and there was

peace. There was a happy ending. The four kids

become Kings and Queens of Narnia.

The Lion Witch And The Wardrobe

In class we were reading a book called The lion witch and the wardrobe. After reading the book we saw the movie and comparing the two, both had a lot of similarities and differences.

One similarity is that Peter,Susan,Edmund, and Lucy were sent away somewhere far from London because they were being bombed. So they were sent far away on the countryside. Another similarity is that Lucy was the first one to go in to the wardrobe and discover Narnia. She was playing a game and she hid in the wardrobe and she found herself in a place where she never been to or seen. Another similarity is that Aslan the great lion gets killed by the White witch at the Stone table.

One difference is that in the book they didn't describe a lot about the war. In the movie they described a lot about the war they were having with the Witch. In the book there wasn't a lot of information about the war just some and it was the most important scene in the whole movie when they were having the war with the Witch. Another difference is that when all the daughters of Eve and the sons of Adams were in Narnia they did not hide with the beavers in the cave in the movie but in the book they did hide in there and had to sleep their, eat in their, and hide from the White witch so they don't get caught. Another difference is that when all of them entered the wardrobe that in the movie they were playing hide and go seek and being chased by the maid that was there and they hid in the wardrobe. But in the book the maid was chasing them and she was showing the house to some people.     

I liked the movie better because it showed a lot more of the main parts in the movie. You could also see what was going on in all of the scenes. And it was more easier to understand what was going on and what was happening. In the book and movie there was a lot of good and evil.

And between the both book and movie their were a lot of similarities and differences. But I enjoyed both book and movie.

Article posted February 22, 2011 at 01:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 277

There are many differences and similarities in the book the Witch, the Lion, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. There are differences and similarities about the characters, the beginning (how the story starts,) and the order of events.

There are many differences and similarities about the characters. One of the differences is about Mr.Beaver. In the movie, Mr.Beaver didn’t hesitate and went right up to the 4 children. He started talking out loud told them to follow him. However, in the book, the beaver moved silently and quietly. It said in the book that Mr. Beaver hid behind the trees, hesitated, then came out behind from the trees, then he hid again, came out again and went up to the 4 children whispering, “It’s not safe out here, follow me.”  Then he lead them to a cave.

One example of an similarity about the characters is. Aslan in the book and the movie was known as the King of Narnia. He was brave, courageous, had great love, kind, and always had empathy for everyone. For example, Aslan agreed to die for Edmund because he had empathy for him. He had the same character trait in both the book and the movie. Aslan held a great amount of power. He is known as the Great Cat.

Another similarities and differences is about the beginning (how the story began.) In the movie, the beginning started with a blitz. It was dark night. The mother woke the 4 children and brought them to the safest room. But Edmund went back as fast as he could to grab his father’s picture. As soon as he grabbed the picture, Peter quickly grabbed Edmund and they both ran into the safest room, where the whole family stayed all night. They were all scared of the blitz. (The father was not there when this was happening. He was at war.) But the book started differently. It started after the children had arrived to the country side. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy were sent to the country to stay safe from the blitz. They were going to stay at an old Professor's house.

The similarity of this beginning is that the 4 children were sent to the country side because of the blitz. The Blitz was the bombing by Nazi Germans during the World War 2. It occurred between September 7th, 1940 and May 10th, 1941. Important important militaries and industrial centres, such as Aberdeen, Barrow-in-Furness,Belfast, Bootle , Birkenhead, Wallasey, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Clydebank,Coventry, Exeter, Glasgow, Greenock, Sheffield, Swansea, Liverpool, Kingston upon Hull, Manchester, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Nottingham, Brighton, Eastbourne,Sunderland, and Southampton, suffered heavy air raids. Bootle and Hull were the most badly damaged cities after London with a significant percentage of their buildings being destroyed or made uninhabitable. It was horrifying. The Blitz mostly took place in cities where there were lots of people. And where Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy lived was a city. That’s why they moved to the country side to be more safe.

The last differences and similarities I want to talk about is the order of events. One example of a different order is how Edmund got into Narnia. In the book, he found Narnia when the 4 children were playing hide-and-seek. Susan was “it”. Lucy decided to peek at Narnia one more time to see if it was a real place instead of a silly dream before finding a hiding spot. Edmund knew she went to the room where the wardrobe was so he went in too. Edmund caught the sight of Lucy vanishing into the wardrobe just as he entered the spare room. “Lucy thinks I’m Susan to catch her,” Edmund thought as he searched through the wardrobe.  Then suddenly, through the long rows of coats and moth balls, Edmund reached Narnia. But in the movie, this happened differently. At night, when Lucy decided to see Narnia again, Edmund caught the sight of Lucy leaving her bed and instantly knew where she was heading for. So he followed just to have fun teasing her more. But when he went searching through the wardrobe for Lucy, Edmund had entered Narnia in no time. A similarity of the order is the walk before and how he died. This happened (in the book and the movie) at night after the first quiet supper. Susan and Lucy was troubled of how Aslan was in sorrow. They couldn’t sleep. That’s why they decided to find him that night.  They found Aslan heading somewhere. Susan and Lucy asked him if they could walk with him. Aslan replied, “You may, but you have to stop walking with me when I ask you to.” The girls promised and walked on with Aslan. While Susan and Lucy were walking with Aslan, they asked him what was bothering him. In the book, Aslan replied, “ I am sad and lonely. Lay your hands on my mane so that I can feel you are there and let us walk like that.” When Aslan asked the girls to stop and go back, the girls were about to but that’s when they glimpsed a dreadful sight. The Witch’s side creatures hit, curse, and spit on Aslan. But Aslan did nothing. He waited until they killed him.

Reading the similarities and the differences I wrote, I could say that I liked the book better. Why? Because you could make your own movie in your mind while you are reading. But if you watch a movie, they make a picture for you and the picture might not be the one that you have in your mind. Also, the book adds more interesting, descriptive phrases. Likes this one: There was crisp, dry snow under his feet and more snow lying on the branches of the trees. Overhead there was a pale blue sky, the sort of sky one sees on a fine winter day in the morning. Everything was perfectly still, as if he were the only living creature in that country. I thought the book was better because of these reasons. Do you think so?

The Difference Between the Book and the Movie

Do you know the series of Narnia? If yes, you might already know about the second book of the series, which is called The Witch, the Lion, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis. There is also a movie based on that book.

There are many similarities and differences between the movie and the book. And I am here today because I want to talk to you about them.

In my opinion, the character that got the important role in the movie was different from the characters with important roles in the book. For example, in the book, the centaur was rarely mentioned that I almost forgot about him. While in the movie, he had a very important role in the battle scene. In the movie, the centaur charged forward when Peter didn’t know what to do because his horse had been shot.

Also, in the book, when Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy were crowned and were being announced as Narnia’s new kings and queens. This happened after the war at Cair Paravel. Aslan, the Great Cat had crowned the 4 children. While in the movie, Mr.Tumnus had crowned them. In my opinion, I thought the part when they were crowning the 4 children was a very important part. I mean, those 4 children will now be the king and queen of Narnia! So I actually thought Aslan should be the one crowning them because he was the lion who supported Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. Aslan saved Edmund from the Witch. He also died for Edmund instead of the Witch killing Edmund. Aslan was always there to help them out and give them a paw. (Aslan couldn't give them a hand because he only had paws.) But, I am not saying Mr.Tumnus is bad. He was actually was the one who let Lucy go back when he was suppose to kidnap her and bring her to the Witch. But he, only a small, friendly faun, didn’t hold any importance of supporting the 4 children in the book and the movie.

The last difference I want to tell you is about Mr.Beaver. In the book, the bird led them to Mr.Beaver. While in the movie, the bird was kinda like a background and the beaver showed up right away. The beaver didn’t hesitate (in the movie) and went right up to them. But in the book, the beaver moved silently and quietly. First, Mr.Beaver hesitated but then he went up to them and spoke to them quietly to follow him. Then he lead the 4 children to a little more safer place. While in the movie, the beaver started by talking loud, in my opinion.

Now I have similarities to talk about too. Let’s use Edmund as an example. Edmund made fun of Lucy when she told Peter, Susan, and Edmund about Narnia. Edmund just loved to tease her in the book and in the movie. It said in the book that he sneered and jeered at Lucy and kept on asking her if she’d found any other new countries in other cupboards all over the house. He wasn’t nice to Lucy in the book and in the movie. Not nice at all.

Another similarity I want to tell you is about the Witch. The Witch used her wand to turn people on the good side, (Aslan’s side) into stone. She did this in the book and in the movie. After the battle, it took some time to turn the stone creatures into creatures again. Here is a sentence based on this topic. (From the book.) Sentence: And for the next half hour they were busy. She (Lucy) attending to the wounded while he (Aslan) stored those who had been turned into stone.

And the last similarity is about Aslan. Aslan in the book and the movie was known as the King of Narnia. He was brave, courageous, had great love, kind, and always had empathy for everyone. For example, Aslan agreed to die for Edmund because he had empathy for him. In the book, before Aslan died, he said to Susan and Lucy, “I am sad and lonely. Lay your hands on my mane so that I can feel you are there and let us walk like that.”

Looking at the differences and the similarities, I would say I like the book better. I just always like the book better than watching the movie. That’s because if you read a book, you could make your own picture, but the movie shows you the picture and it might not be the same as your picture. Also, the book is more realistic. In the book, it told me that Lucy fell asleep for hours and hours when Mr.Tumnus played a strange looking flute. But because the movie didn’t show that the period of time was hours and hours, it seemed that Lucy stayed in Narnia only for like 10 minutes. And why would Lucy stay in Narnia for only 10 minutes when she is having tea with a nice faun? Another reason why I thought the book was better was because the book was more descriptive. Here is a few sentences that I thought was descriptive: There was crisp, dry snow under his feet and more snow lying on the branches of the trees. Overhead there was a pale blue sky, the sort of sky one sees on a fine winter day in the morning. Everything was perfectly still, as if he were the only living creature in that country. Isn’t that descriptive? This Narnia story had inspired me.....a lot.

The book and movie of Narnia the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe were both amazing but there are still some parts that are different and some parts that are the same.

The book and movie of Narnia the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe were similar in many ways. Here are some examples on why they are the same. One example is that they both happen in world war II. It happens when the kids are sent to the country side because of the ‘Blitz’. They are also the same because they both have the same characters. They have Lucy, Peter, Edmund, Susan, Mr. Tumnus, Aslan, the White Witch, and Mr. and Mrs. Beaver. The book and movie are also the same because They both have the kids, Lucy, Edmund, Peter, and Susan go into Narnia by the wardrobe. The kids go into a regular looking, but mystical, wardrobe and find themselves in a wonderful white land made of snow. Another example of the book and the movie being similar is that they both have the kids find that Mr. Tumnus arrested. One final example of why the book and the movie are similar is that at the end of both the book and movie, the kids find themselves to be kings and queens of Narnia.

The book and movie of Narnia the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe were also different in many ways. I will give you some examples. The first example of why they are so different is the way they go into Narnia. That in the book, the kids go into Narnia by Mrs. Macrady giving a tour of the fancy house and the kids hid in the wardrobe, forcing them to go into Narnia. While in the movie, they went into Narnia by accidentally breaking the window in the house and running away from the owner, the doctor. (Although the thought it was Mrs. Macrady.) Then they hid in the wardrobe. Another reason why the book and the movie were different is the beginning. In the beginning of the book, the kids are at the house in the country already, where as in the movie, it begins with the kids and their mom running in the house from the bombs that are being dropped since it is world war II. One other example of the book being different from the movie is the characters. In the book, many characters that are important in the movie, such as the leading centaur, is not important or not even written down in the book. One last reason why the book was different from the movie is the huge battle. In the book, the battle does not have that much mention. Maybe three or four pages in the book. But in the movie, wow, that battle would have took two chapters if the battle was that big in the book when it was that big in the movie.

Now I hope you know the differences and similarities of the book and movie of Narnia the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. If you were reading this to choose which one to read or watch first, then if you want my opinion, I would watch the movie first. It has other characters, has that humongous battle, starts when the kids are trying to be bombed, and there’s some parts that are the same as the book. So if you were reading this to know which the book, or the movie you’re going to do, I hope you’ve chosen.

Article posted February 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 80

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I read the book, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,  by C.S. Lewis, and I also saw the movie. There were lot of similarities and differences through out the book and the movie.

One of the differences is that, I think the book didn’t show as much feeling about Lucy liking Mr. Tumnus as much in the movie.  Lucy’s Character cared so much for him in the movie. It was very clear to see how different the character traits were between the book and the movie. I think this because I saw more emotions in the movie and not much in the book. A small example of this is, that in the book Lucy didn’t show much feeling and when I saw the movie at that same part, I felt how Lucy was feeling about Mr. Tumnus.

Another difference of the character traits are, that the fox was brave enough to fight the wolves and save Susan and Lucy. In the book, the fox was not even mentioned. The movie had shown the fox and it fought the wolves. When I was watching the movie, it showed how the wolves were trying to kill the fox but still after getting hurt the fox kept fighting for Susan and Lucy. This showed how brave the fox was in the movie.

The last difference is, in the book, the White Witch made the fox into stone when she heard that her powers were going down and Christmas was coming. In the movie, the White Witch did not do that when she found out that her powers were going down. The White Witch was cruel and in the book she was not as cruel as in the movie.

Now that the differences are there, lets go on to the similarities. I saw more similarities between the movie and the book.

A similarity between the book and the movie was, that Edmond is a impolite person to all his family members. His character trait is alike in the movie and in the book. The trait stays the same.  A small example is that, when Edmond had gone to Narnia but when he came back he pretended he was never there. He was very impolite to Lucy. He said and I quote, “ Oh, yes, Lucy and I have been playing-pretending that all her story about a country in the wardrobe is true. Just for fun, of course. There’s nothing there really.” That example shows that Edmond’s character is the same in the movie and in the book.

A similarity is, Mr. Tumnus’s character trait. The movie showed Mr. Tumnus very nice at first to Lucy but turned out that he was supposed to kidnap her but couldn’t. Mr. Tumnus had orders from the White Witch. Mr. Tumnus helped Lucy find her way out of Narnia like in the book and in the movie. A quote from the book that Mr. Tumnus said is, “ Taken service from the White Witch. That’s what I am. I am in pay of the White Witch.” The same thing happened in the movie. This is one of the similarities.

The last similarity was, that Edmond deceived his brothers and sisters and went on the White Witch’s side. He left his brothers and sisters thinking he would become king. A example of this is when Edmond came back to Narnia, all he was thinking was being king and all that Turkish Delight. He was looking for the two hills to see where the Witch’s House was.

This story has many things that makes it great. It had AID ( Action, Internal thinking, and Dialog). It has all these details and the character traits are one of the best. I enjoyed both!

What are the differences and alike of Narnia the book and the movie.

The are many similarities and differences from the book and movie.

One of the alike is that when Mr.Tumis started to play the fire stared to dance.

A difference is that in the movie the city was being bombed and the book there kids farther went to war.

Other alike is that Lucy came into Narnia the same way.

A difference is that Mr.Tumnus didn’t look at the fire and stop playing. In the movie he stop playing when he look in the fire and stopped.

Other alike is that Lucy saved Mr.Tumnus.

A difference is that the kids and the beaver were in the house when the wolf attack and in the book they were gone when the wolfs attack.

Other alike is that the kids see farther Christmas.

The last difference is that the centar was not important in the book and in the movie the centar is very important.

Article posted February 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 63

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

By Garrick Lee

The book and the movie have many differences and similarities. I wonder which one is better in my opinion....

In the book the air-raid is mentioned just as Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter arrive at the stop in the country side. Though in the movie the air-raid scene is thoroughly shown with vivid pictures In the movie Edmund also went back into the house (not a smart thing to do) to get a picture of his father fighting in the war. This shows that Edmund could possibly admire his father. Though both the movie and book mention the air-raid.

Edmund and Peter were running out of the house, when Edmund suddenly turns around and runs back into the house. Peter shouts to his mother “I’ll get him!” He then runs back into the house to retrieve Edmund. Edmund rushes into his room just as Peter tackles him onto the concrete floor. Edmund just has enough time to grab the photo then Peter rushes him outside.

During when the segment when the wolves are ordered to go after the beavers in the movie the wolves go directly to the beavers house, and I quote the white witch “Go to the beavers house. You know what to do.” Though in the book the wolves go to the beaver’s house then after the beavers and the children,  but in the book the wolves don’t attempt to breach the “house”. Both the movie and the book include the wolves going after the beavers after they visit the dam.

In the movie the witch commanded Morgrum to go to the beavers house then he would know what to do. Morgrum called some of his wolves to assist him. Morgrum was notorious for being the head of the secret police. The wolves went straight to the beavers house and tried to breach the outer shell. The children screamed as the wolves vain attempts started to get somewhere. (And I quote Mr.beaver) “Come on lets go!” When the wolves finally “broke” the house it was empty. Morgrum growled in hatred when he saw that the children and the beavers had escaped down a tunnel that Mr.beaver had dug.

Another difference between the movie and the book is the war. The book didn’t thoroughly describe the scene, though it did describe Aslan “unfreezing” the statues from their stony prison. The movie however showed the war scene very thoroughly, with almost every movement and action. The movie also showed Aslan going to the witches castle, but didn’t show it as well as the book described.

As Aslan blew his breath on the statue Lucy noticed something begin to happen. The statues dull gray features were spreading with their original color. All of a sudden the lion “statue” came to life. Then it was that Luce saw that the whole courtyard now looked like a mystical zoo. Dwarfs, satyrs and much more were crowding around Aslan. (I quote Aslan from the book) “Now for the inside of the house! Look alive, everyone. Up stairs and down stairs and in my lady’s chamber! Leave no corner unsearched. You never know where some poor prisoner might be concealed.”

After careful consideration such as “The movie showed this part pretty well... or the book described Aslan supremely well” and other thoughts such as these I decided that the book was better as than the movie. In my opinion the book is better because the movie didn’t describe some scenes as well as the book and the movie also screwed some scenes up such as when the beaver meets the children directly outside Mr. Tumnus’s house and meeting Father Christmas. I hope you also agree with me, then again people have different opinions.

I’m going to use my amazing skills to see what was the same and different things that happened in the book and movie. I don’t have the whole thing because I missed it, but I shall use what I have to tell you what is the same and what is different.

In The beginning of the movie and the book of Narnia they both stared will the blitz. Edmund want his dad but is forced to listen to his brother Peter. So they all went to a mansion where one room has a wardrobe. So Peter, Susan, Lucy, and Edmund play hide-and-go-seek when Lucy walks into a long room and in the back of it is a covered wardrobe. Lucy pulls the sheet down and opens it. Then she walks into it and in the back of it is a snowy place called Narnia. In the book and the movie Lucy does the same thing. Lucy runs into Mr. Tumnus. Lucy has tea with Tumnus just like the book. In the book and movie there is no Christmas in Narnia. When Edmund went looking for Lucy he walk into the wardrobe and the Witch of Narnia saw him and gave him whatever he wanted including Turkish delight which was a drug to make him come back with Susan, Lucy, and Peter. The white witch wanted to capture the sons of Adams and daughters of eve. Mr. Tumnus let Lucy go after he was suppose to take her to the white witch because he is her fawn but he let her go back to her home. Edmund finds Lucy and both go back to tell that Narnia is real but Peter and Susan and Edmund said “it is not real Lucy your just imagining” but when they all ran from the man the “fell” into Narnia. They went to visit Mr. Tumnus but the police arrested him for letting Lucy go. Something That is different is the police work for the witch in the movie and they are wolves. Another thing that is different is the bird led to somewhere and the beaver saw them but in the movie the kids saw the beaver and the beaver took them back to his house. A different thing is that the beaver never went fishing on the frozen lake he already had dinner ready. Edmund went to the queen and she sent out the police and the police almost got them but in the book the police never got there in time. So that is the likes and dislikes of the book and movie.

Article posted February 18, 2011 at 02:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

I have recently finished the book “ The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe”. After I read the book I saw the movie. While I saw the movie I realized how different and alike the book and the movie are.

For example, one alike I saw in the book and movie is that they both started during the World War two. But a difference I noticed is that in the beginning of the book it started when they were already at the house they were going to stay at while the war was going on. However, in the movie it started while they were at their own house and they were getting attacked and it also showed the train ride to the new house. 

Another alike I noticed was that Lucy got into the wardrobe ( or you could say Narnia) for the first time the same in the book and movie. But, a difference is that when everyone got into the wardrobe together it happened differently. In the book, they got into the wardrobe together because Mrs. Macredy ( the house keeper) was giving a tour to visitors and a rule that she made that they can’e bother her when visitors are over. So they heard her voice and ran to hide so they ran and hide in the wardrobe and that is how they got into it all together. In the movie though, Edmund hit a ball into the window and they window got a crack in it so they ran to hide so they wouldn’t get caught and decided to go into the wardrobe. This is a difference I noticed.

My last alike I noticed is that Aslan ( the lion) got killed by the queen on the stone table. The queen killed Aslan on the stone table  in the book and the movie. Another difference I noticed was the war. In the book Aslan started in the beginning of the war and was there to start it. In the movie Aslan, came after the war started. My last difference I noticed was that when they finally returned home from Narnia. In the book they returned back from Narnia is because while they were riding on there horses looking for the white horse, they saw a familiar lamppost and then went through trees and back into the wardrobe and came out in the same time that they went in to the wardrobe. In the movie however, they were just riding their horses and then noticed the lamppost and went through the trees back into the wardrobe where they first got into Narnia. 

Some elements in this story is magic, good vs. evil and a quest. Well, in this story the magic part of it is Narnia. This is magic because first of all Narnia isn’t a real place. Also, you can’t get into another country by walking through a wardrobe. Inside Narnia is really where all the magic is. The good vs. evil part of it is Aslan’s side and the White Witch’s side. Aslan’s side is the good side but the White Witches side is the evil side. The quest in this story was to kill the White Witches’s side so that the good side can have peace and there will be no more evil.  

If you would of asked me ,“ So did you like the book or movie better?” , I would answer , “I liked the book better than the movie.”  I liked the book better than the movie because I felt like the book described objects or things better than in the movie. Also, when I first read the book my image of Lucy, Peter, and Edmund were much different. Then when I saw they movie it ruined my vision of them and changed it. I also don’t like how in the movie it changed some book and added some not needed parts. I am not saying I don’t like the movie. In fact I loved the movie. It is just that I like the book a little better.

I have now realized that books and movies could be alike in many ways and also very different in many ways. Also, I hope that you read this book. I would recommend it for you to read! If you decide to read this book I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Have you ever seen a movie called The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe? Perhaps, you read the book. Well, I am going to tell you the similarities and differences from the book and movie. After reading the book and seeing the movie I couldn’t determine which one was the best. The movie and the book are very much different and similar from each other. Well, what are you waiting for? Let me notify them for you!

Both, in the book and movie, mentioned about the important characters, yet the movie really put the characters in to the story. The book just mentioned the characters once or twice while the movie talked a lot about the unusual creatures by using a lot of dialogue with the creature. They both talked about the creatures but the movie said more than the book. The characters that are important to me from the story are the centaurs and fauns. I like when the book doesn’t mention how the creatures looked like or act like because I could envision the characters how I want them I look like, but in the movie I can’t do that because it tells a lot about the creatures and what they look like. There were differences and similarities with the characters.

In the movie the children, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and the youngest Lucy was playing cricket and hit the ball into the window leaving broken, the children wanted to hid so that they wouldn’t get in trouble. They decided to hide in the wardrobe as it was the only place to hide (as the others were locked.) But in the book the children were hiding from Mrs. Mac Cready and her guests."Come on! cried Peter,"in the wardrobe!" the children couldn't believe it,but they got into the Wardrobe anyway. In both the movie and book, the children get deeper and deeper into the wardrobe. They find out that there was another world, behind that wardrobe called Narnia. This is how they find Narnia. In the movie, before they discovered Narnia Lucy found Narnia long before but the others did not believe her in the same way this is what happened in the book. This is the differences and similarities from how the children got in to the wardrobe.

In the movie the ending was finished with a battle, however in the book Aslan just killed the white witch in her castle. In the movie, Aslan’s people and the witch’s people started to have a war and they kept fighting until Aslan came. He ate up the witches’ face leaving her dead. In the book, Aslan just went into the witch’s castle and killed her there. I liked the ending for the book because; it did not show Aslan killing the witch and I also don’t like to see the war going on killing creatures. I didn’t like seeing the blood on the people and it scared me to see that. Therefore, I decided that I like the book better than the movie because of the ending. What do you think is the best, the movie or book?

I have recently finished reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis, and I have watched the movie. I have been trying to figure out which gives me more information. In case a friend asks which to read/see first, I should recommend the one that gives the most background information.

In both the book and the movie, Edmund is angry with Peter throughout the story. The book does not give a very detailed description of this anger, just that Peter and Edmund had obvious disdain for each other. The movie, however, explains that Edmund desperately wants to be with his father, who is out fighting the war, but instead has to listen to Peter. This provides an important piece of information about Edmund's character. The reason that Edmund went to the witch's side and didn't initially want to come back was to show Peter that he was in control. He wanted to prove that he did not have to listen to Peter. This makes me realize that everyone likes to feel important, and one way people can do this is by making themselves superior to others. Edmund would be superior because the witch had promised to make Edmund a king, and the others dukes and dutchesses. The movie gives me a very important piece of background information about Edmund.

In the movie, even though their house was being bombed, Edmund went back inside to get a shattered picture of his father. Peter gets angry at Edmund, and shouts that he could've gotten them all killed. This starts the feud between Peter and Edmund.

In both versions, Lucy is the first to discover the world of Narnia inside the wardrobe. The difference is that in the book, the children were exploring the gigantic house, and wandered into the spare room. The other three children immediately left the room, but Lucy goes into the wardrobe. In the movie, the children are playing hide and seek and Lucy chooses to hide in the wardrobe. This is important because the book shows that Lucy is the curious kind of person who would look inside of a wardrobe full of coats. This tells me that wherever Lucy goes, she is always looking for adventure. This is possibly why, aside from wanting to save Mr. Tummnus, Lucy wanted to stay in Narnia when the others were afraid. The book gives me a piece of background information about Lucy.

In the movie, Lucy suggests that the children play hide and seek to pass the time. The rest agree, so the children hide while Peter counts. Lucy finds a spot, but Edmund pushes her aside claiming, "I was here first!" Lucy then chooses to hide in the wardrobe, but finds herself in Narnia.

In the movie, as in the book, all four children run into the wardrobe and find themselves in Narnia when they are running away from Mrs. McCready. The difference is, in the movie, the children are playing cricket and Edmund hits the ball and it breaks a window. Edmund blames Peter for bowling the ball. They get into the room with the broken window. They hear Ms. McCready coming, and they run away. Mrs. McCready starts to follow them, so they hide in the wardrobe. In the book, the children are exploring while Mrs. McCready is giving a tour. They hear her and run away, into the wardrobe. I think that in the movie, Efmund was trying to blame Peter for the broken window because he didn't want to be the one responsible for all four of them getting in trouble. Also, if they got caught, he could blame Peter and stop himself from gettig into a lot of trouble- because NO ONE likes getting in trouble. Especially Edmund. The movie gives me another important piece of information about Edmund.

The movie shows the four children playing cricket. Peter bowls the ball, and Edmund hits it into the window, breaking it. "You bowled it!" Edmund exclaims, trying to put the blame on Peter. They go into the room, observing the smashed window, when they hear Mrs. McCready call, "What's going on up there?" They run into the wardrobe, entering Narnia.

After comparing the two, I see that the movie gives the most background information on the story. In my opinion, it would be better to see the movie before reading the book.

Hi! My name is Tanya. Have you ever read the book or watched the movie Narnia?

The characters in Narnia are Edmund, Lucy, Peter and Susan. They four are all brothers and sisters. Later on in the movie you will hear more characters like Aslan which is the lion, the Queen of Narnia and Mr.Tumnus who is the faun.

In Narnia they are lots of differences. In the movie it shows how the bad guys come in an airplane and throw bombs, and how the parents send their children to a different country to live there instead of getting hurt. And in the book it only said “they were sent away to a house of an old professor with no wife but a house keeper” Also in the movie it first shows how the kids are playing hide-n-seek and how Lucy finds a wardrobe and goes hide in there. In the book it really didn’t say how they were playing hide-n-seek and how Lucy finds the wardrobe. Another example is it only showed how Aslan came to kill the White Witch. In the book it said how Aslan unfroze everybody and altogether they killed the Queen.

In Narnia they are also similarities. In both of the movie and the book it said and showed how Lucy was convincing to everybody that in the wardrobe there is another world. But everybody thought that was foolish. And When Lucy was going to the wardrobe at night, quietly Edmund was following her. Also another example is how the queen made a bet with Aslan instead of killing Edmund kill me. Another example is when Aslan has been killed Lucy and Susan follow the Queen and saw that Aslan was killed, Lucy got a present from Santa, which was a little liquid that would fix most of everything. So Lucy used that Liquid on Aslan and it worked!

I liked the movie better because when you read I the book, I couldn’t really see in my mind what is happening. Why I also like the movie is I could see what Narnia is and the characters expression.

I have already read the book the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and also saw the movie but now I am trying to figure out which one is better. Either the book or the movie is better but witch one.

In the book the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has a different beginning then the movie the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe while though both take place at the professor house. For instants the book starts out of a family in an old house where a professor lives in. In the movie it starts out as a family running into a storage cellar from being bombed by another country by airplanes. It also had Edmund running with his fathers photo away.

In the book the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe the professor is one of the main characters but in the other hand the centaur is one of the main characters in the movie. In both the book and the movie they each have a main character and one that is just there once. In the book the the professor is mostly talked about in the beginning of the book when they start to move in and learn about the Mansion. In the movie the centaur at the end who is the co-leader is showed a lot in war and when they are planning it and when they find them from traveling.

In the book the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe the main characters have the same attitudes but in the movies the not so main characters have the same attitude. For instants Aslan is to weak and doesn’t mostly doesn’t have the energy to protect anyone but himself in the book. In the movie he was much more stranger and had the power to attack the other animals but the book just the white witch. It also says that he is weak and not protect full or safe in the book.

In the book the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe the quest for each of them is different from the movie by the different quest they have. But still they each fulfill there quests. In the book they have to try to meet with Aslan and sit in the 4 chairs so that they can stop the white witch. In the movie they have to find Edmund because the white witch took him, kill the white witch, sit in the 4 chairs and find Aslan to led the to the chairs. That is 4 quest compared to 2. quests.

As you can see there is always a big difference from a movie and a book if you read it and watch it. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe are one of those movies that are the same but have a lot of differences. For instants: The characters have different attitudes, There are different secondary characters, they have different quests and have different beginnings and to my opinion I think the book was so much better because it was made first and it has more information.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Book or Movie?

I’ve recently read an amazing book! It is now one of my absolute favorites (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis). A few days after I finished reading it with my class, I watched to movie as well. It had a few events that didn’t occur in the book, but the most part was the same. I really had a hard time figuring out which one I liked better. From some of the similarities and differences between the book and movie, I finally determined which one I liked.

The book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is about four British siblings (Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund) who lived in a professor’s house (in the country) because a war was going on in the city (where they lived). There, they discover many mysteries. One day they all hid in a wardrobe and came across a new country called Narnia. They discover they are all suppose to be kings and queens of Narnia and need to kill the White Witch so a prophecy will be fulfilled, and the spell will be broken. The White Witch has cast a spell over Narnia making it always winter and never Christmas. They meet two beavers, which help them in their quest. Together they journey to the stone table to meet Aslan (a lion who is like a god to Narnia), and join his army to help defeat the White Witch.

Between the book and movie, there were some similarities and differences. In the book and movie the witch tricked Edmund into bringing the rest of his siblings to her, met Santa along the way to the Stone Table, and Edmund broke the witch’s wand (that turned people into statues). Although there were similarities between the book and movie, there were also differences. The beginnings of the book and movie started differently. The way the four children escaped the wolves were different, and the characters were different.

In the book and movie the White Witch tricked Edmund by saying he would become king if he brought the rest of his siblings to her. At that time Edmund didn’t know she was evil. The White Witch said to him to bring the rest of his siblings just so she could kill them all and the prophecy won’t be fulfilled. She also tempted him by giving him Turkish Delight. To Edmund it was like a drug and he couldn’t stop eating it. The White Witch said if he brought the rest of his siblings, she would give him more Turkish Delight. I would never have trusted the “Queen” (That’s what the White Witch thinks of herself). I have always been taught to never trust strangers. Edmund did what the witch told him to do. You’ll have to read the book or watch the movie to find out if the witch’s plan worked.

Another similarity is that in both the movie and the book, on their way to the stone table, they bumped into Santa Clause (Father Christmas).The witch made it always winter and never Christmas. If Santa was here that means Christmas was here. If Christmas was here that means the witch’s power is weakening! Santa gave each of the children weapons. He gave Susan a quiver holding a bow and arrows. He gave Peter a sword and a shield, and gave Lucy a dagger and a bottle containing liquid that could cure any injury. I was very happy to find out that there is a sign of hope! Sadly Edmund was not there at the moment. To find out why, read the book or watch the movie!

In the book and movie, during the war between Aslan’s army and the witch’s army, Edmund and the army was ordered to retreat because he and the army was being outnumbered, Edmund refused. He knew if he retreated it wouldn’t do any good at all. In fact it would make things worse. He knew retreating wouldn’t make the witch stop killing people. So he ran towards the witch, and kind of sneaked up to her and broke her wand. Ever since then it really helped his army. The witch couldn’t kill people as easily, but she immediately used the broken end of her wand and stabbed it into Edmund’s stomach! That was not a pretty sight.

Although there were some similarities between the book and movie, there were also differences. The book and the movie began differently. In the movie it started with Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy in London, England when the war was happening  and then traveling to the country to stay away from the war. In the book it started with Peter, Lucy, Susan and Edmund arriving at the professor’s house (but left England for the same reason).

Another difference is that in the movie, when the four children were in the beavers dam, wolves were sent by the White Witch to kill or capture them (because Edmund told the witch where they were). The wolves were biting against the dam so they could get through. While they were biting against the wood, the four children and the beavers escaped through a secret underground tunnel that Mr. Beaver had built. In the book the beavers and the four children knew the White Witch would come after them, so they locked their dam and got a head start toward the stone table. I almost thought they were going to get through in time and capture them. Luckily I was wrong.

Also, in the book and movie, in Aslan’s army there were centaurs,dryads, naiads, unicorns, bulls with a head of a man, eagles and more. But in the movie some played more important roles. Where in the book they were only mentioned and didn’t seem as important.

Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for (drum roll...). I think I like the movie better... because in the movie when the wolves were biting against the beaver’s dam, the beavers and the four children escaped through a secret tunnel. I think that was much more exciting than just getting a head start. Which one do you like better?

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

We are a fourth grade class on Long Island, NY, USA. We love blogging and connecting with other classes. Our teacher is Mrs. Parisi. She enjoys using technology to help us be successful in school.