Copyright (c) 2014 by Brian McLaughlin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brian McLaughlin -- Blogmeister

Room 110 Blog

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by Brian McLaughlin

Allied Health
email me

Article posted October 15, 2014 at 11:15 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 1806

I came across this great resource. Don't be thrown by the fact that these contributors may be a little more than half your age! In addition to the comment lessons there are some great simple hints on using HTML tags as well. (NOTE: to use 'raw' HTML, you must be in text edit mode.)

How to Compose a Quality Comment

Article posted October 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 2069

Here is a sample audio podcast. Played on my phone while being recorded in QTP on my Mac. (Could that be done the other way around?) (Answer in comment to this blog entry!) Then uploaded to iPadio to create the embed code used to publish here!

The MacCast

Article posted October 2, 2014 at 02:14 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 1188

Cross posted on the Mr M blog!

Carefully read the summary of The Horizon K-12 Report for 2014

Summary of Horizon Report

Construct a ning blog post to summarize 5 things you did not know before reading the document or 5 things you found interesting. Use a different paragraph for each item you identify.

The Horizon Report: A Quick Video Overview

All FCGP posts (no matter where they are) must be tagged (AAHS, FCGP
& FCGP14-2)

Post your article by Tuesday, October 7th @ 10:00pm

Article posted September 23, 2014 at 07:45 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 2943

Safely Flying Ebola Infected Patients

The first patient transport isolator for aeromedical evacuation, called the Air Transport Isolator, was developed for the U.K.'s Royal Air Force in the 1970s and also used by the U.S. military for decades. The RAF recently used the same system to fly a British Ebola patient home onboard a military transport aircraft for treatment. But the SARS outbreak prompted the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as a number of private air ambulance services worldwide to develop many more isolation units capable of moving infectious disease patients under a variety of conditions. This article explains how technology developed during a previous pandemic is being used to safely transport Ebola infected patients.

I am a high school student in a Science/health related program taking a technology course, so of course something that involved technology and science interested me! I hope I never need to be transported with an infectious disease, but I'm glad to see safe transport methods being developed.

Hsu, J. (2014, September 18). SARS Outbreak Isolators Helped "Ebola Air" Fly Infected Patients. Retrieved September 18, 2014 from http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sars-outbreak-isolators-helped-ebola-air-fly-infected-patients/

Article posted September 18, 2014 at 08:24 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 2775

Find an article, 1 per week minimum (first one due the week ending 9/26/2014), Any article that you can connect to computers, technology, Internet (++health care!) is allowed.  Put a link to the article, a brief summary and what about the article caught your eye/interested you, and a proper APA reference citation. I used Citation Machine to construct my reference. You could also use/double check with the OWL Site linked from the school website. Post in an article on YOUR blog.

My sample begins:

Safely Flying Ebola Infected Patients

In this case, I found a related video (You won't always have a related video!), so I embedded it here:

Article posted September 12, 2014 at 08:35 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 1626

Blogs can be used for a variety of purposes. We intend to use this blog to expand the conversation beyond what we have time to fit into our school day. Help fellow students (and teachers) to learn more about you. Create a blog entry (or three separate ones might be better!) responding to the following questions/comments:

1. Tell us about your commute! Many of you have to spend A LOT more time on a bus than you have at any previous time in your school experience. Tell us the good, the bad and the gossip!

2. Express your opinions on how things are going in Computer Applications class. What do you like? What do you dislike? What would you change if you were in charge?

3. Express your opinions on how things are going at AAHS. For most of you it is a very different situation than you have experienced in previous years. What do you like? What do you dislike? What would you change if you were in charge?

Try to respond as soon as you can, so people can begin to share experiences. As fellow students begin to post responses, explore posting comments back to them. Make the comments 'meaty', meaning put some thought into it and don't just do a "Yeah, what she said!" Post your three answers by September 18 @ 10:00PM. NOTE: Blog deadlines are not as strict as other assignment deadlines.

Article posted September 11, 2014 at 08:13 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 598

Give your blog a title. (Control Panel) When entering ANY information, remember not to include specifics about your full name, address, email, cell or other phone numbers or any other personal specifics. Post your first blog entry to this blog by clicking on articles, typing your response, checking the request publishing check box and then clicking save. Use this entry to just say hello and verify that you were able to login.

Section 1
Section 2

Locations of visitors to this page Add to Google