Copyright (c) 2014 by Hannah Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Hannah -- Blogmeister

-

We are senior or former students of Puahue School. Some of us want to keep blogging and some of us have moved on to other places in the world, but our blogs remain a record of our learning at primary school.

by Hannah teacher: C Knight
diamante 09/16/08
Winter Morning 06/10/08
Hissing Bush 11/06/07
cat and mouse 10/30/07
flames of the forest 10/30/07
electricity 06/28/07
My Birthday 04/01/07

Article posted September 17, 2008 at 03:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 232

Dog

Big , white

Panting , jumping , barking

Collar , lead , sleepy , pouncing

Purring , scratching , fighting

Grey , white

Cat

Two giant trees giving lots of shade to children. Five swings not moving or making a sound in the mist.Cold melting monky-bars with lots of crystal drops Oak trees looking like they are on fire.

The Richards family - Mum, Dad, James and Nicola - live in Te Awamutu.

Nicola is wearing a yellow shirt. James is wearing a red and white T-shirt.

One day James and Nicola were playing at the park. They ran past a bush. The bush is light green and has branches.

As they passed the bush they heard a hissing sound.

“What was that?” asked James.

Nicola looked at the bush.

“It was that bush. It was hissing,” she said.

“Don’t be silly!” said James. “Bushes don’t hiss.”

“It was hissing. I’ll show you,” said Nicola.

She walked past the bush again.

The bush hissed.

The children looked at each other. They looked at the bush.

It hissed then they looked in the bush. It was the goose that lived in the park. And there was no need to be scared. It was the goose that was protecting her eggs.

Article posted October 30, 2007 at 09:17 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 103

Once there was a mouse called Nosey. He lived in a restaurant. He always got what he wanted. He was hungry for some cheese. So he sneaked into the cheese trolley to get some cheese. He got some and ran as fast as he could.

The mouse turned the corner and froze in fear when he saw a large face right in front of him. Two large, yellow eyes stared at him and when he saw long whiskers on each side of the face he realized he was face to face with a cat. That was not a sight the little mouse wanted to see.

So he ran and ran then he reached home alive. He was very, very tired. He walked outside to rest on his rocking chair and there was the cat again. So he ran back in his home.

By Hannah

It was a rainy day in the rainforest. The spider monkey family was running for shelter. They found a big leaf for an umbrella.

Then the rain stopped. They got such a fright when the sun cam up. The sun was so bright that it lit the forest up in flames. All the animals in the forest helped to cool the forest down. Then once the forest was cooled the spider monkey family found lots and lots of seeds to plant to make more trees. Then the sun went down. It was night, time to get to sleep. In the morning they woke up and planted more and more seeds. Soon after the forest became bigger and bigger each day. Finally the forest came back to the way it was.

By Hannah

Article posted June 29, 2007 at 02:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

Did you know that a lightning bolt is stronger than the sun?

Batteries have special chemicals to make electricity. When the battery has run out the chemicals have gone.

Solar panels are great because you don’t have to pay a power bill every month.

Lightning can jump to cloud to cloud and also hits the highest thing.

Power stations make us all the power in our house. For example, our TVs, lamps, fridge, radio.

Article posted April 1, 2007 at 10:12 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 78

On Saturday I went to a party. It was awesome! We had to dig for ice block sticks,then a treaure hunt and pin the tail on the donkey. I won pin on the donkey. Seth won pass the parcel. We got are loot bags then Seth and Zac went to watch Preistonc Park.It was funny.