Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Ruffing Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. Ruffing -- Blogmeister

Yellow Brick Road
Cougars on a Path of Discovery
-

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Mrs. Ruffing

ClustrMaps
Flag Counter
Google Translator Widget
Google Clock
Student Blogging Challenge
CougarTech3
CougarTech4
CougarTech5
CougarTech6
CougarTech7
CougarTech8

Title: Biome Glog Embedded Gr5 (04/30/12)
Description: Follow the guidelines on to embed your glog on your blog page and share it with the world.

Article posted May 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 227

The purpose of doing this project, I think, was to take science class farther and learn more about our assigned biomes. My part of the project was to write a paragraph about the climate of the Taiga. We used the wiki to write information in so that we could write our paragraphs. Two things I will always remember about this project are when we got up in front of the class and read our paragraphs aloud and when we made dioramas of our biomes. To see my glog full size, click HERE.

',%20'_blank',%20'width=325,height=200,toolbar=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,location=yes');void(0);">Podcast Play
">Podcast Download

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 06:41 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 88

In science class we learned about the different biomes. We worked in groups of four to research the environment, plant life, wild life and geography of the taiga. My part of the project was to research the geography. I used the wiki to gather all my information. I will always remember that taiga is a Russian word for large forest and that bears, beaver and elk all roam the taiga. to see the full size of my glog click here

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 66

In my project I am explaning about the deert. It tells you about the climate, plant life, animal life, geography. I learned about differnr plants. I learned about how animals surive in the desert. . To see my glog full size, click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 72

To see my glog full size , click here. There are few plants. It is hot and dry. There all diffrent types of animals. The landscape has trees, grass, open areas.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 69

This is my glog I used for my biome project. In the project we each had eight teams of four. We had to write answers for questions that were given to us in our wiki account and turn them into a paragraph. In our wiki we also had to find pictures for our biome with our partners. Then we had to copy the questions and answers into our glog. My two most favorite things I did in my project was working on my glog and finding pictures with our partners. To see my glog full size click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 357

In this biome project we worked in groups and the question I had was "what is the geography of the deciduous forest". We used the wiki to put information that we needed in our glog. I will always remember about this glog is that deciduous forests are not just in the United States, they are all over the world. Also, not all deciduous forests have the same animals.Our class did this project bcause we were learning about biomes. This project helped us learn more about all the different biomes.To see my glog post full-sized. Click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 92

This is my glog on the Grassland biome. In my glog you will learn the animal, plant, geography, and the climate. You will also see the information on them. You will also see pictures of the grasslands. To see my glog full size, click here

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 79

The purpose of this project was to learn about more about grasslands.My part of the project was the Geographylocation. I had look where some grasslands were located and the kind of things there is there. You use wiki by inserting features that help you right the paragraph .To see the fuull size of my glog click here

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 80

In Science we learned about Biomes. We were put into groups of four and we each got a topic- Animal Life, Plant life, Climate, or Geography and a Biome. My topic was Animal Life and our group got the Tundra Biome.  To store our research and information sources we used a Wikispace to keep everything organized. I enjoyed this project because it was interesting to listen to everybody else's project and learn new things about the World Biomes. To see my glog full size, click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 71

I will put my four or more sentences here. To see my glog full size, click here

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 163

This is my glog of the tropical rainforest. The purpose of this project was to learn about the climate, animals, plant life, and geography of the tropical rainforest. The part of the project that I had was the geography. I used the wiki space to find websites to gather all my information. One of the things that I will remember about this biome is that there are three main regions of the tropical rainforest. Another thing that I will remember is that tropical rainforest covers about 7% of the earth's surface. To see my glog full size, click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 74

The purpose of this project was to learn about different ecosystems. My part was to gather info. on the grasslands and share it with classmates. I used the wiki as a tool to write down information and then write it there so that I don't forget it. I remember that grasslands are a habitat for grazing herbivores and the predators that eat them. I also learned that shrubs, trees, and bushes are absent.To see the full image click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 88

My class had to make a Glog about the biome given to them.  My group had the Taiga.  I was in charge of the plant life.  I will remember that it is full of trees and it has a very cold climate.  My teacher set up a wiki page to organize our information.  It was really helpful.  To see my Glog full size click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 172

In my biome I was trying to display a glog on tropical rain forests. In the glog I was talking about plants, animals, climate, and geography on the tropical rain forest. I liked learning about the tropical rainforest because it had many intresting facts. I would love to go to a tropical rain forest one day. To see my glog full size, click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 70

In school we learned about different areas called biomes. My biome was to be written about the coral reef.I learned alot about the coral reef'splants, animals, climate, and the geography. To see my glog full size click here.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 •