Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Ruffing Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. Ruffing -- Blogmeister

Yellow Brick Road
Cougars on a Path of Discovery
-

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Mrs. Ruffing

ClustrMaps
Flag Counter
Google Translator Widget
Google Clock
Student Blogging Challenge
CougarTech3
CougarTech4
CougarTech5
CougarTech6
CougarTech7
CougarTech8

Title: Smoking Poster 2012 (03/05/12)
Description: Follow the directions on Creative Space 3 to complete your post by March 20.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 02:18 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 177

In my poster, you can see that the smoker is tired and on the ground. Smoking can lead to having trouble breathing and that is why the smoker can not run to the finish line. If you don't smoke you will be able to develop healthy and strong lungs. The people running almost at the finish line did not smoke, so their lungs helped them to take in the air they need for activity. Smoking does not just affect your lungs, it also affects your heart. Your heart gets blood to all of your body parts and if blood doesn't get to your legs, feet, hands, (etc.) they won't move. If you think smoking makes you healthy and strong you are wrong; smoking gets you nowhere.

I learned about the harmful side effects of smoking, like cancer, stroke, heart attacks, and many more. I also learned that one of the ways people start smoking is peer pressure. If you want to live a healthy life - don't smoke! Click on my picture to see it full-sized.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 02:18 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

In health class we learned that smoking cigarettes and chewing tabacco is very bad for you and they can cause strokes. Smoking has many side effects including yellow teeth,and  finger nails. You will have a hard time breathing and you could get chronic bronchitis. Sometimes some people do not want to be around you because you smell like tabacco. My poster describes that a person with heathy lungs and does not smoke will be able to run a race and win. People who smoke and have unhealthy lungs will not be able to run the race and will loose.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 01:34 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

My poster shows a cigarette broken in half. This picture shows that you should break your habit and stop smoking. I shaped it as a diamond to make it look like a sign. I  put the letters STOP to tell you that you shoud stop. I learned that nicotene is an adictive drug in cigarettes. I also learned that if you smoke to long during your lifetime you might have to use an oxygen tank.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 02:06 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

I am trying to demonstrate that if you smoke you will die. (That is what 'croaking' means.) It's not worth it to smoke because you could have all sorts of problems. Some effects of smoking are lung cancer, bronchitis, yellow nails, yellow teeth, bad eyesight, trouble with breathing, and frequent colds. People tend to start smoking because of peer pressure, the 'cool' or 'adult' feel, and even advertisements of famous movie stars smoking. It's just a rolled up piece of paper with harmful chemicals inside. Is it really worth it? When people start smoking, they think they are so cool. After a while they regret it. And so will you. So don't start.

In Health class, we learned that the harmful chemical that gets people addicted is called nicotine. We also learned that some of the chemicals in cigarettes are also what is in and comes out of a car!!!! When you smoke, all you are doing is breathing in hazardous chemicals. For people who smoke I hope you attempt to quit. As for people who don't smoke stay healthy and don't ever start. 

Click on the image to see it bigger.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 01:24 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

The poster on your right is about why you shouldn`t start smoking. Smoking is very bad for your heart and lungs.  In health class I learned that it can lead to lung cancer, a heart attack, and more diseases.  Cigarettes and cigars have a chemical called nicotine that can make you addicted to smoking.  Kids who start smoking usually are not to good in sports because their lungs have a bunch of gunk in them.  If you want to see my poster larger, click on it!  I hope you enjoyed reading!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 01:34 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

If you start smoking you will probably get addictive to it. I learned in health class that smoking can cause many deadly diseases such as cancer, lung diseases, and trouble breathing. Young kids think that smoking is cool but it is not cool and against the law. Some kids even smoke when they do not want to but there friends do it and they do not want to made fun of this is called per pressure. My poster shows how smoking can kill you or get you very ill. Click on my poster to see more details.  Next time you think about smoking say to yourself Quit or die?

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 01:34 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 57

In my poster, I am sharing that anyone who started smoking should stop. Smoking can cause lung cancer and serious illness. It builds up tar in your lungs and makes breathing difficult. In health class I learned that nicotine is the addictive chemical in a cigarette. Smoking and chewing tobacco can cause a stroke, a heart attack, yellow teeth and fingernails, smoker's cough, gum, tongue, lip and cheek disease. Click on the image at the right to see my poster full size

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 01:34 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

My poster is about how to quit smoking. If you start you might become addicted to it. Smoking is a bad habit and can cause cancer. In health class I learned that smoking can lead to lung disease and you may have trouble breathing. Teenagers might think smoking is cool because they see older people smoking. Smoking will shorten your life and make you ill. Click on my poster for more detail.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 01:35 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

What I learned in health class by doing a smoking poster was to encourage people to stop smoking and tell others not to start. When people start to smoke is because other people tell them to try , they think its cool, and stuff like that. Well it's not cool because you are wasting money by hurting you, and your lungs. Once you start it's hard to stop because of  a chemical nicotine. On my smoking poster I am trying to tell people that smoking is bad for you ,and to quit. When you smoke there are harmful side effects like: loss of hearing, getting tar buildup, breathing problems,and becoming blind. These are just some ways smoking can hurt you. STOP SMOKING NOW !!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 02:12 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

My poster encourages people to stop smoking. It has two stop signs one tells you to stop. The other one tells you that if you don't stop you could die. I learned in heath that people start at a young age. People usually get addicted but they can stop now. To see the picture click here.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 02:19 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

In my poster you will see two models of the lungs. The one with no black spots are healthy lungs. The ones with black spots are bad lungs. There are two faces and two hearts. The smiley face and red heart are good. The frown face and black heart are bad. I learned in health class. That if you smoke you can have a heart attack. Your vision and hearing will not be good really anymore.       

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 02:18 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 55

I have created a smoking poster to tell people that smoking isn't  cool, so you should stop. In my poster I put someone who smokes throwing a pack of cigarettes away because they have realized that smoking isn't healthy for your body or cool. I also put a border of the not allowed sign around my poster to show that smoking should not be allowed anywhere. One of the facts that I learned in health class about smoking is that there is nicotine in cigarettes, which is a chemical that makes you addicted to smoking. Another fact that I learned about smoking is that if you smoke you can get bronchitis, which is a sickness that causes coughing. Click on my smoking poster to see a closer look.

I learned in health class that nicotine is the chemical in cigars that make it addictive. My class learned that there can be many bad effects if you start smoking like bad eye sight, breathing problems, and more. I made a person smoking who is lost and doesn't know where he is going. I also made two other people that didn't smoke who knew where they were going.  The message that I tried to show is that if you start to smoke, it doesn't help you in any way. Click on the image on the left to see my poster bigger and with more details.

Smoking can be very harmful to your body.  I made a smoking poster to try to convince people not to smoke.  I made a pack of cigarettes being thrown into a trash can.  The person who had them knew that tobacco is harmful to the body so they stopped smoking.  One thing I learned in health class is tobacco can cause cancer.  Another thing I learned is you can get smokers cough.  You can click on my picture to see it larger.

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 01:17 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 55

My smoking poster is a health and technology project. I use two people talking in the emergency room about how they wish they never had their conversation about how their smoking ended them up in the hospital. I use stick figures to demonstrate people who are smoking or who had smoked. I created a mid 30's stick figure who looks like 50 because of how he smoked. I also created a stick figure on his knees saying how he is trying to stop smoking. I learned that  carbon monoxide and nicotine are in cigarettes. I am trying to make people not to start smoking.        CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE THE POSTER IN MORE DETAIL

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 01:1