Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Ruffing Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. Ruffing -- Blogmeister

Yellow Brick Road
Cougars on a Path of Discovery
-

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Mrs. Ruffing

ClustrMaps
Flag Counter
Google Translator Widget
Google Clock
Student Blogging Challenge
CougarTech3
CougarTech4
CougarTech5
CougarTech6
CougarTech7
CougarTech8

Title: Constitution Post 5 - The Amendments (04/18/11)
Description: After viewing the video assignment on the Constitution glog, complete Post 5 to explain what amendments are and tell about any three amendments that have been added to our Constitution. Include an introduction sentence and a conclusion sentence. There should be a minimum of five sentences in all. Be sure to check your spelling and punctuation. Link to this assignment and include the title as shown. Don't forget to request publishing!

Article posted May 1, 2011 at 09:22 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 151

In this post I will tell you what amendments are and I will tell you three amendments that have been added to the Constitution. An amedment is a change to the Constitution when something is added. The sixteenth amendment gives the federal government the right to collect income taxes. The nineteenth amenment gives women the right to vote. The twenty-second amendment limits the president to two four year terms in office.  These are only three of the many amendments of the Constitution. 

Article posted May 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

I will tell you about three Amendments out of twenty-six.  The first one is the 13th Amendment it says that we abolished slavery.  The second one is the 16th Amendment it gives the Federal government the right to collect income taxes.  the third one is the 19th Amendment that gives women the right to vote in all state and federal elections.  These are only three of 26 Amendments!

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 06:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 61

In this post I will tell you about the amendments. An amendment is a change to something. The first amendment is that we have the right to freedom of speech and expression. The fifteenth amendment is that african Americans can vote. The nineteenth amendment is that women have the right to vote. These are three of the 27 amendments to the constitution.

Article posted May 14, 2011 at 03:57 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

I am going to explain three of the twenty-six amendments.  The first amendment guarantees freedom of religion, freedom of speech, a free press, the right to assemble, and the right to petition the government when we want.  The sixteenth amendment gives the federal government the right to collect income tax.  The thirteenth amendment abolishes slavery.  It was adopted after the civil war. The twenty-six amendments work together to bring peace and fairness to the country.

Article posted May 2, 2011 at 07:21 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

What I will be tallking about are The Amendments and what they are. The ability to amend the Constitution is one of greatest ability. It allows the Constituion to grow or adjust to different times and changing ideas. The amendment process is an example of Shared Powers. Amendments can be proposed by either Congress or the states but, for a proposed amendment  to become part of the Constitution it has to be approved by 3/4 of the states.The 13 14 and 15 amendment were adopted after the Civil War. They abolished slavery, extended the rights guaranteed in the Constitution to all Americans no matter what state they live in and, and prohibit the votes being denied because of race or color.

Article posted May 1, 2011 at 12:34 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 42

Amendments can be requested by the states or the Congress. The first Amendment is freedom of speech, religion, press the ability to assemble and start a petition. This change allowed people to worship, speak, and rebel against the government in a peaceful manner. The tenth amendment is that any power not given to the federal government belongs to the states. This change gives the states a say in their government. The thirteenth amendment abolished slavery and was adopted after the Civil War. This change meant that people could not be sold or treated as property in the United States. The Amendments are a very important and give us freedom and fairness.

Article posted May 16, 2011 at 08:11 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 40

Three amendments are:

1. The 13th amendment says that we abolished slavery.

2. The 16th amendment gives that federal government the right to collect income taxes.

3. The 19th amendments gives women the right to vote in all state and federal elections.

These are only three out of the twenty-six amendments we have!

Article posted May 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

There are many  Amendments, the first 10 are called the Bill of Rights. These Amendments  spell out all the liberties and rights Americans have. The 1  Amendment said about freedom of speech, freedom of religon, protest, and petitions sent to the government. The next 7 Amendments says you can have fair trial, states have own milishas, and to have safety in your home. The 9  Amendment says you have rights to privecy.

Article posted May 8, 2011 at 07:56 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

In this post I will tell you three of the twenty-six Amendments.  The first ten Amendments are called The Bill of Rights.  These Amendments spell out the liberties and rights all Americans have.

1. The tenth Amendment says that any power not given to the federal government belongs to the states and to the people. 

2. The thirteenth Amendment abolished (got rid of) slavery.  This Amendment was passed after the Civil War.

3. The nineteenth Amendment gives women the right to vote in all state and federal elections. 

As you can see this is not all of the Amendments.  This is just three of the twenty-six Amendments of our country as I said at the top of the page.

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 06:57 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

I'm going to tell you three of the twenty six amendments. The twenty-second amendment limits the president to only two terms. The sixteenth amendment allows the federal government to collect income tax. The first amendment protects the freedom of religion, speech, and the press

Article posted June 1, 2011 at 12:41 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

The three amendments that I chose were: Amendment 1 guarentees our personal liberties: freedom of religion, freedom of speach, free press, the right to assemble, and the right to petition the government. Amendment 10 says that any power not given to the federal government the law to the states and the people. The 11th amendment made a correction to the court system. For an amendment be part of the constitution it has to be approved by 3/4 of the states. The first ten amendments are called the bill of rights. Well those are three out of the 26 amendments I chose. 

Article posted April 22, 2011 at 01:29 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 42

I'm going to be telling you what amendments are and three amendments that have been added to our Constitution. An amendment is something changed or added to the Constitution.  Amendment nineteen gives women the right to vote in all elections. Amendment twenty-two states that a president can only be elected two terms, of four years.  Amendment twenty-six sets the age of voting to eighteen. These are only some of the amendments that have been added to the Constitution.

Article posted May 1, 2011 at 06:09 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

I will be telling you what the articles are and tell you three amendments.  The amendments are something changed or added that have been made to the Constitution. The thirteenth amendment abolishes slavery in the United States.  The nineteenth amendment allows women to vote in all of the elections.  The twenty-forth amendment makes all poll taxes illegal.  These are only three of the amendments that have been to the Constitution.

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 02:17 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

I am going to tell you three amendments that were added to the Constitution. The first one is the tenth amendment. This said any rights the government did not have belongs to the states and people. The second one is the sixteenth amendment. This amendment gives the Federal government the right to collect income taxes. The final amendment I'm going to tell you is the ninteenth. It gives women the right to vote, but that did not happen until 1919. Those are just three of the amendments I chose out of twenty-six!

Article posted May 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 112

There were things that go along with the Constitution, one one of them was the Amendments. Amendments can happen either by the Congress or the states. But, for it to come part of the Constitution it has to be approved by three fourths of the states. The Thirteenth Amendment says that we abolished slavery.The Twenty-Sixth Amendment sets the voting age, of eighteen.The Nineteenth Amendment gives women the right to vote in all state and federal elections.

Article posted May 15, 2011 at 10:05 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

I am going to tell you three of the twenty-six amendments. The tenth amendment says that any power not given to the fediral government belongs to the states and to the people so we have more say in what goes on. The nineteenth amendment gives women the right to vote so they had the same amount of say in who they want elected as the men. The twenty-seconed amendment states that the president can only be elected two terms so no president could be in office to long.

Article posted May 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

I am going to explain the amendments to the Constitution.  The eleventh amendment made a correction to the court system.  The sixteenth amendment gives the federal government the right to collect incomtaxes.  The ninteenth amendment gives women the right to vote in all state and federal elections. These are three amendments to the Constitution.

Article posted May 1, 2011 at 06:46 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

Three of the 26 Amendments that made changes to the Constitution are:

1. The 10th Amendment states that any power not granted to the Federal government is given to the states and the people.

2. The 12th Amendment made changes to the way the President is elected.

3. The 16th Amendment granted the Federal government the right to assess income taxes.

Those are just three of the 26 Amendments are nation has.

Article posted May 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 60

I am going to tell you about three of the amendments of our Constitution.One of the Amendments lets us have freedom of religion which allows us to believe in any religion we want. Another one is freedom of speech which gives us the right to say what is o our mind. One more allows us to petition the government. There are more but these are only three of them.