Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Ruffing Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. Ruffing -- Blogmeister

Yellow Brick Road
Cougars on a Path of Discovery
-

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Mrs. Ruffing

ClustrMaps
Flag Counter
Google Translator Widget
Google Clock
Student Blogging Challenge
CougarTech3
CougarTech4
CougarTech5
CougarTech6
CougarTech7
CougarTech8

Title: Constitution Post 3 - Three Principles (04/18/11)
Description: After viewing the video assignment on the Constitution glog, complete Post 3 to explain the three main principles of the Constitution. Include an introduction sentence and a conclusion sentence. There should be a minimum of five sentences in all. Be sure to check your spelling and punctuation. Link to this assignment and include the title as shown. Don't forget to request publishing!

Article posted May 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 78

The first principles is separation of powers. Power are diviside into three branches. The first is the Legislative Branch who Enacts The Laws. The second is the Executive that see that the law are Carries Out Laws. The three is the Judicial that Interprests The Laws. The scond principles is the Checks and Balances. The three principles is Shared Powers.

Article posted May 18, 2011 at 12:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 98

There were three principles. They still apply today for over more than 200 years. The first one is the seperation of powers. That means that powers divided by three branches of government: the legislative branch that enacts the law, the executive branch that sees that the laws are carried out, the judicial branch that interprets the law. Next is a system of checks and balances.This means that each branch of the government has some authority over other branches. It limits the power. For example, congress passes the laws but the president has the power to veto or to reject the law. However if 2/3 of the legislatures still want the law even after its been vetoed they can vote to overide the president. The surpreme court can enveladate or cancel the law if it finds that the law contridicts or violates the principles of the constitution. A 3rd principle of the constitution is called shared powers. That means that the federal government shares power with the states. For example, only the federal government can declare war and print money while the states can establish their own schools and regulate local governments. But both the federal and the state government can impost taxes, regulate banks, and have their own courts. This makes our national government a federation. A confederation is a weak central government with very strong independant states. A federation is a strong central government that shares powers with the states. That's an overview of the constitution. Now let's look at the constitution step-by-step.

Article posted May 16, 2011 at 12:46 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 74

The three principals of the Constitution are:

1.The separation of powers

2. Checks and balance between the branches

3. Shared powers

These principals make sure that no branch is overpowered by another and make our country a Federation. 

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 02:16 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 82

The origanal Constitution had three principles that we still live by today. The first principle is the Separation of Powers. Which means that the poweres are separated between the Judicial, Executive, and Legistlative Branches. The next principle is that of Checks and Balances. That means that one branch of government watches over the other branches to make sure one does not get too powerful. The third principle is the Shared Powers. Which means that the government has to share powers with the states. These are the three principles of the Constitution.

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 02:02 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 70

I'm going to tell you about the three principles the Constitution was based on.  The first principle was the Separation of Powers, which was the divided powers of the Legislative branch, the Executive branch, and the Judicial branch.  The second principle was the system of Checks and Balances, which meant that each branch had some authority over the other branches, limiting power in each branch.  It assured that the branches would have to work together.  The third was the principle of Shared Powers, which meant that the federal government shared some powers with the state government.  There are seven articles of the Constitution.  Article One outlines the Legislative branch.  Article Two lays out the frame ment of the executive branch.  Article Three outlines the Judicial  branch.  Article Four talks about the relationship between the federal government and the states.  Article Five explains how the Constitution can be changed.  Article Six  makes it clear that the Constitution is the Supreme Law, which means that the states can't make laws against the Constitution.  Article Seven says that the Constitution will go into effect when it is ratified by nine states.

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 01:56 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

The Constitution was based off  the 3 principals:

1.Separation of powers manes that power is divided between the three branches.

2. Checks and balances means that no branch has more power or more power.

3. Shared powers means that the federal government and the sates share power.

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 01:54 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

I will tell you the three main purposes of the Constitution. The First one is the Separation of Powers. This means that the power of the Judicial, Legislative, and the Executive branches were divided. The second one is the checks and balances. This means that one branch has some authority over the other branches. It limits the powers of each of the branches, so that each branch can work with the other. By doing that, none of the branches can become even more powerful than the other. The third one is shared powers. The Federal Government has powers, the states have powers, and they also share some powers.

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 01:42 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 62

The three main principles are

1. Separation of Powers- powers are divided between three branches of government

2. Checks and Balances- the three branches have some authority of the other branches, limits the powers of the branch

3. Shared Powers- federal government shares power with the states

Article posted May 9, 2011 at 01:10 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 213

In this post I"ll tell you all the things about the three principles and what happened in every principle like branches . Now the constitution that the 3 delicates signed in Philadelphia in 1787 was based on three principles and those principles are still here from 200 years ago. The first principle was The Separation of Powers that means powers divided by three powers of government. There was there was the Legislation Branch who would then enacts the laws there was the Executive  Branch that sees that the laws are carried out and the the last branch was Judicial Branch that interprets laws. The third principle is shared work this means that the Central or Federal Goverment has to share power with the states. This was called the Three Principles and they all leaned to work together and be fair.

The second Principle was called Check and Balances this means that each parts of the government  has some authority of the other branches.The third principle is called shared powers

Article posted May 8, 2011 at 07:53 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 58

The Constitution which the delegates signed in 1787 had three principles which still apply today.  

The three principles are:

1. The Separation of Powers which means that the power is divided between the three branches of government (Legislative, Executive, and Judicial).

2. The System of Checks and Balances which means that each branch of government have some authority over the other branches and it assures that each branch has to work with the other.  That way no one branch is more powerful than the other.  One example of Checks and Balances is when Congress passes a law and the President than has the power to veto (reject) the law.  If 2/3  of the legislatures still want the law after its been vetoed they can choose to override the President.  The Supreme Court can cancel the law if they think it violates the principles of the Constitution. 

3. Shared Powers means that the Federal Government can share powers with the states.  The Federal Government has some powers and the states have some powers and they share some powers.  For example, only the Federal Government can declare wars and print money, but the states can establish their own schools and regulate local governments.  Both of them can impulse taxes, regulate banks, and have their own courts.

This makes our national government a federation.  These are the three principles of the Constitution.

Article posted May 2, 2011 at 05:32 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 62

There were three principles in the Constitution that were signed in 1787 that still apply today and I am going to tell you them and explain them. The first principle is Separation of Powers that means that power was divided into three branches of government  which were the Legislative branch that enacts the laws, the Executive branch which laws are carried out, and the Judicial branch which interprets the laws. The second principle is Checks and Balances which means that each branch of government has some authority over the other branches. It limits the power of each branch and assures that each branch has to work with each other that way one branch can't become to powerful. The third principle is Shared Powers which means that the Federal government or Central government shares powers with the states which means that Federal government has some powers and states have some powers and they also share powers. Those were the three principles in the Constitution.

Article posted May 2, 2011 at 01:29 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 62

I am going to talk about the three Principals. The first Principal is the Separation of Powers. The Separation of Powers is the Legislative Branch, Executive Branch, and Judicial Branch. The third Prinipal is Checks and Balances. Checks and Balances it means that it has authority of all the other Branches. Checks and Balances also means that it limits the powers of each branch. The third Principal is Shared Powers. Shared Powers makes sure that the Federal or Central Government shares powers with the states.

Article posted May 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 68

I will explain the three principles.  The first principle is the Separation of Powers.  These powers are divided into three sections the Legislative branch that enacts the laws, the Executive branch carries out the laws, and the Judicial branch interprets the laws.  The second one is the Checks and Balances which gives each branch some authority over the other.  The third is the Shared Powers it makes sure the Federal Government to s