Copyright (c) 2014 by Rich Ruggeri Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rich Ruggeri -- Blogmeister

Mr. R's Classroom Blog

Comp Apps G3

Computer Application, Graphics and Multimedia students explore a variety of technological advances while collaborating with their peers.

by Rich Ruggeri

Mr. R's Portaportal
GoTo Web 2.0
Can Web 2.0 Change the World?
Flickr
Copycat Kids!
CopyRight Quiz
Windows on Maine
Mr. R's Wikispace
Mr. R's Professional Blog
Mr. R's Calendar
Schenck HS
Creative Commons

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 09:05 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 5750

One of the most famous children's authors in literature was Theodore Geisel, more commonly known as Dr. Seuss. Although his books, "The Cat in the Hat", "Green Eggs and Ham", Horton Hears A Who" and others were written for children, much of what he wrote can certainly be applied to readers of all ages. For your next blogging assignment, you are to read the following passage from his book, "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" and post your interpretation of what he was trying to tell his readers and reflect on what this means to you. It is expected that your post be well thought out and meaningful. Additionally, attention to capitalization, punctuation and grammar will be graded. Your post is due prior to your next class.

"You have brains in your head.

You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own.

And you know what you know.

And you are the guy

Who'll decide where you go."

-- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Article posted October 3, 2010 at 11:00 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 71

Greetings one and all and welcome to the Schenck High School Technology Blog.

Weblogs, or "blogs" for short, have a variety of uses in education, as tools for publication, research, administration, and more. To this end, all my students (CG/Website Dev., Multimedia, and Computer Apps) learn to use their blogs to share their ideas and thoughts related to technology and much more.

As we all learn how this process works, access and article approval will be restricted. Please be patient as this process evolves.

Computer Apps G3
Computer Apps G4
Computer Apps W3
Computer Apps W4

I currently teach Computer Graphics, Website Development and Computer Applications at Schenck High School. Additionally, I manage the town's high school and elementary school websites. In my free time, I enjoy exploring new "tech" tools, read, watch movies and listen to music.