Copyright (c) 2014 by Rich Ruggeri Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rich Ruggeri -- Blogmeister

Mr. R's Classroom Blog

Comp Apps G3

Computer Application, Graphics and Multimedia students explore a variety of technological advances while collaborating with their peers.

by Rich Ruggeri

Mr. R's Portaportal
GoTo Web 2.0
Can Web 2.0 Change the World?
Flickr
Copycat Kids!
CopyRight Quiz
Windows on Maine
Mr. R's Wikispace
Mr. R's Professional Blog
Mr. R's Calendar
Schenck HS
Creative Commons

Title: Who Controls Who? (09/23/10)

Technology is everywhere and advancements in the field never seem to slow down. If its not a new smart phone (Verizon's Goggle Android), its a new operating system (Microsoft's Windows 7). It’s not just related to “new” technologies either. Many technological advances appear in everyday items such as automobiles, recreational vehicles (snowmobiles, ATV, etc.), appliances, power tools and of course electronics (television, video devices, MP3 players, cameras, GPS devices, etc.) among others.

So, for your next blogging prompt, you will need to answer the following question: “Do we control technology or does technology control us?” Your response needs to meaningful and with at least 2 examples supporting your position on the question. As is always the case, this assignment is due prior to the your next scheduled class and spelling and grammar must be attended to.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 229

I think that technology controls us. The companies that are making the new technology are telling us that this new gadgets are better and faster than the older gadgets. So people think that they need to go out and buy the new stuff and get rid of the old. We are just listening to what they are telling us. Why would we settle for the old and slow computers, phones, Ipods etc. if we don’t have to? Some people listening to these companies because they need it for there school or work, but others just get it because they can.

Like when the new Droid came out. Some people probably got it because they could and others might have got it because they need it.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

What has Technology done to us?

Technology, where I am at in technology is coming home everyday and going on the computer and checking my Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Yahoo, Aim, etc. If you were to ask me if I would be able to cut down on my time on the computer, I would tell you that the computer is what I rely on for friends. Yes I can use the phone and I can call people, or I can walk or get a ride some where. I think that technology itself has come along very far from where it was 20 years ago.

When my sister and I get limited computer use we always sit there and say that we never get to use the computer. My mom would always say that when she was our age she didn't get to use a computer she had to watch TV on a tiny screen with turn knobs. She would tell us that we should be very fortunate with our generation. I never really thought about what it would be like if I had to live the time when my mom was our age, I think it would have been hard. I can say one thing that if I had lived her life that I wouldn't be having the same look on technology as she does.

Mr. Ruggeri shows us segments in class. They really have a lot of questions behind them like, can someone die from being on the computer 24/7? Other questions are, can kids cut back from the computer on their own or do they have to have guidance. I do not think that it should go that far to where you need guidance. Everyone should have limits, I certainly do. I will admit that technology has taken over my life for the most part, because new things are constantly coming out and I constantly want to get the "New" thing. Everyone says oh "I am getting that". It just makes you think. If we didn't have new things coming out all the time would people get along better? Would they do better in school?, but most importantly where would we be if we didn't have technology?

No where.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:57 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 47

Well, we decide whether we want to buy new technology, play new games, or search for information on ipods, computers, laptops, etc. So in a way, we do control how we use technology.

But, I think that technology controls us more, because technology is constantly being updated, and it’s always better than it was before, so when we see it, we want to buy it. It might be newer, better, and smaller, and can make our lives easier. Even if it’s a video game, we are always asking for the newer things. But, technology is moving too fast for us, and multiple things are coming out at once and we can't keep up. That's why I think technology controls us more than we control it.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:38 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

I think that the whole question do we control technology or does technology control us is very hard to answer. I would have to say that we control technology. Only because we live, have opinions and can control our own lives. One example would be well lets say some people came out with a new computer, but people didn't like it for certain reasons. For example we didn't like how it looked, or how it is set up. Then those people would change the things we don't like, which might include downgrading the new computer. Another reason why I think we control technology is because we created it. And if we created it we can also "destroy" it. Of course technology is progressing at a VERY fast pace but, we can stop it whenever we want.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

I think that we can control technology, but not everyone is taking the opportunity to control it. They feel like they have to have any new technology that comes out. That’s not, however, the case with everyone. I, myself, may be on the computer at least once every other day, or using my phone to text my friends, but I understand that I can control it and hardly ever over-use it. If you don’t want it to take over your life, you have the choice to stop using it. I do know one person who was on the computer every day for hours on end. She ended up, just a short while ago, having, I believe, a seizure from sitting and looking at the computer for so long. I don’t think she uses it quite as much anymore. She had that choice to stop staying so long on the computer, and she took it. Everyone has that freedom. Whether you decide against it or not is your choice, but you CAN control it.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

Technology. Everyone in their lifespan has used some sort of technological device in some sort or another. Many people say technology is a good thing, advancing our knowledge on many subjects and granting us the use of tools and the web. Others in this argument say it "controls" their life; they say they are unable to function without technology. The big question is: Who controls who? Do we control technology, or does technology control us?

In my opinion, I think we control technology. We are the people who invent and test it every day. We know everything about technology, right down to the microchip and the circuit board. Technology can be very addicting for some teens and adults, but it is up to the person to be responsible with it so it does not consume their lives. Everything in moderation is fine. Take a smart phone as an example. When you see all these people who say they can’t live without their smart phone, it isn’t "controlling" them. They make it their priority to use it a lot. In an average adult’s case, they lived more than 25 years without a smart phone. How did they survive all those years without technology?

Most issues people report include technology impacting our lives, time, and resources. All these things can be contributed to the improper use of Twitter, Facebook, and other social media. If we spend all our time on something like social media, it can have the same effect as other new inventions in our society. Examples of other things people say control their live include television, the phone, spending too much time at the bar, etc. Anything can be too controlling if we simply let it happen.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

Technology controls us because people always want the newer version of phones, laptops, gaming devices, etc. Companies make the products better because they know people will spend money on them. Why would we want old computers and phones? The new phones and computers have newer applications are faster and have more storage space. Nobody plays PS1’s anymore because the Xbox 360’s and PS3’s are out now. Nobody uses old Nokia phones anymore they use droid or smart phones. Nobody uses mp3’s anymore they use Ipod touch’s, Ipads, or Mp7’s. In the future probably the technology we use today will be old and not used. Technology is advancing faster than ever and People are trying to keep up with it. People send more texts a day then there are people in the world.

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

I think that technology controls us because theirs way more technology then humans. When you walk the streets in New York or even Medway, you see people walking and talking on phones. Phones have taken over humans now every one who can use a phone uses it and does not write letters or email.

People also let facebook and twitter run their life people always talk about, "oh I have 200 friends on facebook" yet they probably have never met them in the real world. I think that technology is advancing way to fast and its like we are the devices and the technology runs us.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

I think that technology control us because people don’t just go out and by the latest technology because they have to. The companies out there are making their newest gadget more attractive and full of resource like an ordinary computer. People go and by them because they would rather have the better and more improved technology; iphones, ipod touch..etc. Those devices hold way more information and have a better web source that an old fashion computer ever would. The new iphone is like your own, improved computer that fits into your pocket; it has enough space to hold thousands of pictures just like an old fashion computer would.

Why would people want to settle for the old, when they can settle for the new?

w

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

I think that technology controls some people but then others it doesn't

Some people use technology in there everyday lives. They can't live with out it.

They have everything scheduled on it, or they're always on a computer or cell phone.

People always drive place to place or they ride dirt bikes or four wheelers.

Some people read books, watch movies or TV shows all online.

Just about everything you need can be found online,

music, videos, information, people and so on.

I really can't think of anyone can live without technology, but I guess it can be done.

Article posted September 26, 2010 at 08:43 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

Do we control technology or does it control us? A lot of people would say Duh! Of course we control technology we are the ones who created it! That it true but I think that technology controls us in a way. Let’s say that you go out and by the newest cell phone, within a few months there is a better version out. You no longer want the one you have, you want the newer one. That is one way I feel technology controls us. Another way I feel technology controls us is the addiction to it. South Korea has a huge problem with gaming addiction. Some people go days without stopping; some have even died from this.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:56 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

I think that technology controls us in a way. If you think about it we are using technology all the time cell phones, computers, television we use it at home, at school, and at work. I can’t imagine not having technology because that’s what we know, we grew up with it and it would be hard to live without it because it is how we live. If you took technology away phones, computer, TV, internet I think we would be lost, most of us anyway. It would be hard to work without technology and even to have a social life because that’s how we keep in touch with friends. So they do control us in how we work, learn and our social lives.

Think about it in work we use computers for stocks, keeping track of money and the machinery. In school we use it, we look up thinks on the internet, type out reports and most of the worksheets we got were typed. In our social lives we use facebook and myspace to see what friends are doing and talk to each other. We use phones to text and call without that we would have to go to their houses just to see if their home. Also when you think about all of the gaming addicts and people who are addicted to the computer the technology controls them because they are addicted. So yes I do think we are controlled by technology

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

The question now and days about technology is if technology controls it technology, or if we control it. I believe that technology controls us because we do every thing online. Who writes hand written sentiments anymore anyways? Nobody plays Play Station1's anymore. They make better things like XBox360's and the new play stations. The technology on the devices are getting better and they start to cost more but they know that the people will stay pay the price. The phones are now able to go onto the internet when 10 years ago they weren't able to. this is just going to show that the technology is what makes us more smart and gives us more opportunity's than we did 20 years ago.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 01:49 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

Do we control technology or does technology control us? Technology increases every minute of every day. And although it runs our day to day lives, there would not be technology if it weren’t for man kind. I think that today people get board very quickly and that’s when the increase with technology takes place. The demand for bigger and better things forces technology to increase. Therefore I think that we control technology. The reason I believe that man kind controls technology is, the new inventions, and constant updates of technology are a result of our demands for something new. People always want something faster and more convenient of they already have. There would not be any of this new technology if we did not demand it or use it. Another major reason i believe this is, Human's are the ones that come up with all the advances in technology and new updates. If man kind did not produce this new technology then there would not be a question about if technology was running our lives. Technology and electronic devices are not living things therefore it's hard to say that technology runs our lives.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 01:28 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 52

I believe in some cases that technology controls us. We are constantly using technology every day of our lives. One example is cellular devices. Cell phones are either in our pockets or held in our hand. No matter what you will always find someone that has their cell phone out texting or calling another person. Cell phones now can access the internet and you are able to check your email or even update your status on Facebook.

Another example is video game devices. I believe that people now play more video games because they are built with the latest technology with amazing picture and sound. with some of them you can access the internet also to play other people across the world or even down the street.

Article posted September 23, 2010 at 01:26 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

The question that gets most people is, "Do we control technology, or does technology control us?"

Everyday, technology increases by the number. More and more people are getting more hooked into technology. The Internet is how most people are being able to get information now. Kids are using more than half their free-time to play games than going out to get some air.

Everywhere is people who have Blackberry phones or iPhones, which gives them Internet connection. More people are being subdued by technology everyday.

From the looks of things, it appears that it's technology that's controlling us than we are of it.

That's my answer to the question, "Do we control technology, or does technology control us?"

Article posted September 24, 2010 at 08:07 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

I think technology is controlling us because advancements in the field of technology never seem to slow down. If it isn’t a new smart phone such as Verizon’s new goggle Android or a new computer operating system such as Windows 7. Many technological advances appear in everyday things such as cars, MP3 players, ATVS, and other electronic devices. That is why I think technology is controlling us.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:45 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

I think that technology controls us because when new versions of laptops, games, and phones come out a lot of people need to get them. The companies make new electronics, and we spend money to buy them. People don't like old and slow, we like new and fast.

Article posted September 24, 2010 at 07:11 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

Some people believe that because we use computers so much that they are controlling us. To some degree it could be true. I use my computer quite often to talk to friends, do homework, and simply to entertain me. People are getting addicted to the new technology. It's possible, however, to be addicted to almost anything. A friend of mine is addicted to shoes. Another to Get Smart. But using something often, doesn't mean it's controlling you. In the last part of the digital nation videos the man enjoys turning off the computer. We all have the ability to get a brake. We're controlling the technology.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:29 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

Well I think that technology is controlling us. The reason that I think technology is controlling us is because everyday new technology is coming out and it is giving the kids and even the adults reasons to not be outside being active. Instead everyone is inside either on the computer, or texting. Two examples would be that when the kids are in school and they have their cell phones with them, it is making them want to check them to see if they have a missed call or even a missed text message. Another example would be that the computers would lose more people to be buying them because on the cell phones now a days you can go on the internet with that instead. And thats who is controlling who.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:20 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 42

In my opinion I think that technology is controlling us but, I also think that we are controlling technology. The way I think that we are not controlled by technology is how we control what we go on. We can control what we look at and what we click on. But also I think that technology is controlling us because, we get so addicted to he internet and some of its websites that we keep going on them over and over again. So the technology is controlling us in a way but its also not. That is my opinion on whether I think if technology is controlling us or not. I think that if we try not go on the computer as much as some of us do then maybe technology wont control as as much as it does.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:44 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

I think the computer is controlling us because more people are on the computer every day. They can't get off the computer unless they are being timed at the library. This is when they use a cooking timer so they are not connected to the computer longer then other people. They need to work in the morning is the only reason they get off. More people are getting addicted to the computer every day. Certain people need to get help with this addiction

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:23 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

I think that we control technology because without us the technology would not exist. We created the technology. But i think that some people don't understand it because they haven't grown up with having all the technology that most of the kids my age have. In the future, we probably wont understand some of the new technology that will exist. As long as we keep up with the new technology that's coming out we should understand most of it. But if we don't pay any attention to it at all then we are going to get to the point that we wont understand any of it even if we try. So I am sort of in the middle about this question because there are going to be the smart people who know everything about this new stuff because they may invent it, but there will also be the people who will not understand it at all.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:33 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

I think that technology is controlling us. I think that because every were you go you see some one using some kind of technology. It might be some thing little like a mp3 player or cell phone. But there is also some big things like computers or laptops. Some people live there hole life by using only technology. Some people even use the internet to go to meetings online by using a website using second life. So that’s why I think that technology is starting to control us and how we live our daily life’s.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:25 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

Well in the world of technology who controls who? Does technology control us, or do we control it? In my opinion, we control technology. Without the human race, things like cell phones and computers wouldn't exist. If we weren't around to make them they simply wouldn't be here. So really we control it, and its development. In some ways technology can be controlling however, to those with no will power. Technology can control you only if you let it. If you can't function without your cell phone, or access to your Facebook account your not running your own life. Sure I like Facebook a lot but do I decline offers to go places and chill with my friends simply because I won't be able to see it for a few days? No! If my phone dies and I don't have my charger, will I freak out? No, because I don't let technology control me. If you let technology control you, you will never experience some of the amazing things out there. So I guess whether or not technology controls us would depend on your ability to just put it away. But I don't let it control me. Live your own life, don't let technology live it for you.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:29 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

I think that we control technology and technology does not control us. One reason I think this is because we are the ones who create new technology and we can stop creating new technology at any time. I think that new technology is good to have but it does not control us because like I said before we are the ones who create it. Another reason is like if someone made a new phone or something and people did not like it they ones who created it could change it so people would like it.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:24 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 52

I think that technology is controlling us, if most of the people need to know the answer to something then they will go online and believe whatever it said. When we are way older it is going to be unbelievable how technology will change. I think in the future around 100 years from now kids are not going to be able to think for themselves. Technology is improving all the time so motley everyone is online at some point in the day. 10 years ago people would have never though about internet on cell phones but look at it now just about every cell phone has an internet browser. 10 years from now there will be something new that we never would of though could happen, If you think about it I cant think of anything they can do to like video games and i pods and computers, They already make laptops that can fit into your pocket and that are as thin as glass.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:37 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

I think that technology controls us because we always go on the computer to look stuff up. We look stuff up to see what is happening. We would not be able to find out any thing. With out the computer we would not be as smart as we are now. We use the computer all day. We use the computer all the time to find info. We don't go and get the newspaper to get info its on the computer. Two examples are Computers, they control us because we us them to find things. Phones control us because we use it to talk to other people.

Article posted September 30, 2010 at 01:07 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

I think that technology controls us because everything we do involves technology. Just about every job out there now is done by computers or anything like that. For example, all are mills use technology to run machines and the computers. People that play games on the computer are still learning more and more every day. Mechanics use computers that plug into vehicles to find the problem. So are world is turning to nothing but technology. They are doing it to make use by computers and they make money and they make more products.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 03:14 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

What really stood out to me was the addiction to the games.and that people send a lot of time on the computer. I just thought the videos all had something in common and that we use more technology than we do anything else. The way that we comunicate is using a cell phone. I think that we are very addicted Because we are doing everything on the computer or by a phone or an ipod or something electronic.

Article posted September 24, 2010 at 02:58 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

I think that we are controlling the technology because we teach it whenever we type something in the search bar. It was interesting how the students were first tested on the Google search engine and just sat there waiting for the rest to come up. I think that it is better that the Google page is blank because it is less distracting that way. I also think that we control the technology because if we don't like the search engine were using, then the technology changes to fit our likes.

Article posted September 24, 2010 at 04:27 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

I think that if people think that technology is controlling us, they are wrong. But that is my opinion. This is my opinion because this is like peer pressure, u get "addicted" to going on the computer playing games, Facebook (Social Networking), and online games. I think that if there is people out there that are overtaken by the computer they need to find something to do. I also think that is why there is a problem with obese people in America. They are at home sitting on the computer and eating and drinking, but they get no physical activity. I think just like ad exercise plan there should be a (Workout) for people that have problems with staying on the computer for hours upon hours.

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 08:53 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 52

I think that the machines are running people. The games and technology is becoming so addictive that people can't get away from them. Lots of people my age are addicted to games like xbox and playstation 3. The games are expensive and very addictive. Some people get sucked into them and play for hours. Sometimes even days. Everyone has the choice to just shut them off but to some people its a lifeline to most if not all of their friends. In some games you can play with people all over the world. You can make friends from other towns, other states, other countries, or even other sides of the planet.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

I think technology controls us. Although technically we control what it does, we always go back to it. You may know you don't have an e-mail or an update on facebook but you'll still go check it.

Technology is controlling us more and more everyday. When your doing your homework and you see you got an e-mail or a text message you'll go check it and forget about your homework. You most likely do this because texting or e-mailing is better then doing your homework, or even you just don't want your friend to be mad at you.

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 03:18 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 51

I think that we control technology but at sometimes it controls. such as me with my iPod I know I should get of it but I’m so drawn into it. Eventually I will get off of it when I should of been of it a hour ago. but we are smart about getting off of the computer and laptop which I think helps me say we control our technology.

I think that we control technology because we do know when to get off and we will. But sometimes we just get drawn into a game or something and stay on their forever like South Korean kids. I also believe that technology controls us because of all the new Items coming out the droid,the iPad, the Microsoft phone. It’s just crazy something the size of your hand has 160 GB (iPod Classic) this is ether 40,000 songs, 200 hours of video, or 25,000 photos. That is crazy and it just keeps on getting better and better because of that you are just sucked in to play games and more games. This is great but out of control we live in a digital world everything we do is digital or almost is. I think though after every thing that I said that technology does control us but we can control it and turn it off.

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 09:59 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

So, the question that is being asked today is if technology is controlling us or are we controlling technology. I personally think that technology is controlling us because without technology how would we be able to do the things that we do today. If we did not have technology we would not be able to call people, text people and go on the internet like smart phones can do. Some people cannot live without technology, for example a lot of people relay on technology such as cell phones, to keep in touch with family, friends, and to do business work, such as communicating with business partners in other countries. If we controlled technology we would be able to live without some things.

Technology today has just made it easier for us to get around the world and communicate with everyone.

Article posted September 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM GMT-5 • comment (6) • Reads 41

I know that we have control of technology, although, I think that technology controls us! Over the past few years people have been turning to the internet for help with homework, when they are bored, and many other things. Look around, mostly everyone in the world has a cell phone, a computer, or something in that range of technology. I think people are becoming too dependent on technology. You don't see children outside playing sports or with friends as much anymore. You always see them inside playing on the computer or video games. They don't need to get outside and use their imaginations, they have technology!

Technology is advancing every minute! It never slows down, therefore, there is always a new phone, a new game, or something new for kids to be doing that is technology related. Whether it is online or on a cell phone, it doesn't matter. Even if children are getting outside and snowmobiling, or going four wheeling, there are still technology related things in those machines. I am not saying that I don't use technology a lot, because I do, but not as much as some of the people on these videos. They just need to be careful and watch what they do with technology and how much they do it. So, overall I think that technology is controlling our lives, and not so much for the better either!

Article posted September 27, 2010 at 09:34 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 42

I think that the computers control us now. Only because we can do everything on the computer now that we could do before they came out. Like we can go online shopping, find schools, etc. We can do just about everything online that we could do in the real world. But it also has it's benefits. Say you were on a vacation on Hawaii, and one of your relatives passes away while you are gone. You will find out instantly through Facebook, one of the biggest blogging sites in the world

Article posted September 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 55

I'm still under the impression that we control technology. People are still able to be in command of their computers and cellphones, telling them what to do. Machines are able to, in some cases, operate on there own without human control. But somewhere down the line someone programed them and told them what to do and how to do it. I don't think this means that we're that far off from having technology that works on its own and programs itself.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 09:37 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

I think that we control them not the other way around. I think that because we made them so if it was not for us the machines would not be here. If we never made them then there would be no question to who controls who. Also I think that they do not control us because they need us to make them work right where as we don't need all of todays technology to live. Example, you need to charge your phone to keep it working, but nobody has to plug us in in case we die.

Article posted September 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

I think technology controls us sometimes. The only reason I think that is because some people are addicted to the computer and there cell phones. Also for some people don’t like technology that much and they rather be out side playing sports and out doors stuff. But also technology is everything to day there phones, GPS computers, game systems and ECT so it kind of controls us and we can control them to.

Article posted September 30, 2010 at 08:35 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

Who control who? I think in a way technology controls us because its always being upgraded and when we see it we want to buy it. When ever it comes out with something new we want it. I also think that we can control if we use it or not because we chose when we search for stuff and we chose if we want to buy it or not. There are some way that we can control it but it motley controls us. I think technology is great but we have to try and control it more before it controls us completely.

Article posted September 28, 2010 at 01:41 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 42

I believe that technology controls us. If I had my way, I would be updating my phone, laptop, and ipod all the time when a new, better one came out. But those habits get expensive. This is how technology controls us.

If everyone updated their cell phones everyday, they would really be in debt. For some people, it is hard to resist the want for the best new things. Some people have to learn to control their money different ways so that they can afford the technology that they want. People out there would think a lot differently without the things that are on the internet that they look at.

Computer Apps G3
Computer Apps G4
Computer Apps W3
Computer Apps W4

I currently teach Computer Graphics, Website Development and Computer Applications at Schenck High School. Additionally, I manage the town's high school and elementary school websites. In my free time, I enjoy exploring new "tech" tools, read, watch movies and listen to music.