Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

Title goes here

Grade 8

by E

teacher: Clarence Fisher

hey..my class has had moved their blogs to a different site kay? This one is mine [LINK] If you like looking at blogs, check out my new one kay? And please don't forget to leave comments this time haha. Well..that's about it!

love always..

Ellyn

Open sources are sources of information that are open to changes. A very good example of an open source is Wikipedia.com. It is like an online encyclopedia, and if anybody knows some extra information on the subject that they are looking at, they can simply push edit and write what they know, and then it will be a source of information for anybody in the whole world. Open sourcing started in March 1998.

Open sourcing was an excellent idea for many reasons. One reason is, if you were going to buy something...like a laptop, you could research it online, and some people who already have that laptop can leave comments if it really works like it says it would work and stuff like that. You can get the honest opinion of the owners, rather then the opinion of the sales men. Another reason that open sourcing was a good idea is that it is more information about one subject in one place. I know that I would rather find all of my information in one place, then surfing the entire internet to find a couple facts about one thing.

Open sourcing doesn't just mean that you get a free acces code or password. You wouldn't be allowed to put fake information, you would have to know that it is a fact. Open sourcing is designed to encourage the use and improvement of information. It ensures that anyone can modify or edit it freely. In conclusion, open sourcing has been a big help in software everywhere.

Article posted December 19, 2005 at 04:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 47

In year 2005 all kinds of things happened, all over the world. Things happened dramatically in

technology, entertainment, news, crime, ect.Tons happened, it's crazy. But think to the start of year 2005, right to January first. Think about all of those news stories that we all have forgotten about. I think that one of the most important news stories that has happened in year 2005 is Hurricane Katrina. Some people have forgotten about this, all of those people in New Orleans who lost their homes, their families, their lives. On Tuesday, August 23rd this hurricane started. It started out as a tropical depression, the wind was going 35 mph and the speed of the tropical depression was 8 mph. Then it became a tropical storm on August 24 and the wind was 40 mph, but the speed was still 8 mph. Hurricane Katrina officially started on August 25. The wind was going 75 mph and it was travelling at 6 mph. By the time it reached New Orlends, it was August 29. The wind was at 145 mph and the hurricane was travelling quickly. It once again became a tropical storm on August 30, and also became a tropical depression the same day. The entire storm travelled 600 miles. Approximately 1300 people were reported dead. About 6600 people were reported missing, 1500 of them children.

Another important news story of year 2005 is about the new movie King Kong. This is reported to be an amazing movie and one of the best movies of year 2005. The original King Kong was made in 1933 by Peter Jackson. In the 2005 remake of King Kong Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody), a matinee idol (Kyle Chandler), an actress named Ann Darrow (Naomi Watts) and a crew of seamen. The graphics in this movie are supposed to be fabulous. Personally, I thik this movie will be worth the price to see!

Article posted December 19, 2005 at 02:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

Hey, I'm back! In class we have just started learning about Egypt. We watched a video on it and were taking notes while watching it. After that we were put into groups and got to pick a subject to do our mural on. (We didn't get to choose any random subject, we had certain choices) My group got to choose first and we chose pyramids and monuments. The piece of paper is two meters long, so we have a lot of room to draw. We are also making our drawings very detailed. My groups mural is pretty good so far, we are all drawing the best we can, and the other girl in my group is like an artist. When we are done drawing we have to colour it, and write a write up on our subject and we are done! later xoxo

Article posted December 12, 2005 at 03:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

A 59 year old woman named Jill Begora went missing during a cruise in the Bahamas. The cruise ship was called the Royal Caribbean cruise ship Jewel of the Seas. Officials think that she might have fallen overboard. Her husband reported that she was missing on the morning of Saturday, December 10, while still on the cruise. Officials searched the vessel but couldn't find anybody. Since they couldn't find her, her husband filed a missing person report. Once the ship was cleared they did another search but still couldn't find her, and there was no evidence that she left the ship at one of their stops. She was looked for on the shorelines of Nassau. The search was put off on late Sunday, and its said that it will not start up again. The search is going to be turned over to the FBI. To find about other missing people go to [LINK] or [LINK] Imagine being related to a missing person, or being their friend, or even just knowing them. It would be devistating knowing that they went missing. I know that I for one would be sad, to know that they're gone, and afraid that they wouldn't be found, or that they aren't safe, and not okay. I know that I would try to make myself believe that they are okay and safe, and that they will be found sooner or later. Put yourself in a missing persons shoes. Wouldn't you be terrified? I know I would. If you would like people to hear your opinion on this problem, leave it in a comment! thanks

Article posted December 12, 2005 at 02:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 49

Hey...on Friday we had a big math test, I thikn it was a unit ending one. It was on goegraphy, and I don't have very many problems with drawing angles, finding missing angles, ect. so it wasnt very difficult for me. I got three questions wrong on the entire test, which all together were worth four marks because one was worth two. All in all I got 94% so I think that I did pretty good. All of the wrong answers that I had were just little mistakes that I made while drawing an angle, or finding a missing angle, so if I took a little bit more time checking my answers before I handed in my test I would have gotten better, but I have to write another blog. ttyl!

Article posted December 4, 2005 at 07:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 48

On Saturday, December third a big grave was found with atleast 20 bodies in it. The grave was in east Lebanon, near the former Syrain army headquarters. Security forces say that the bodies were found on an onion farm in the town of Anjar. The security forces also said that the bodies are mostly skeletons now. Nobody knows who the bodies are, or how they died. Security forces are now digging around the area with bulldozers to try to find more corpses. The Syrain troops left their headquarters. When they did this Lebanon troups took over the area. To find our more about Syrain troops you can go to [LINK] or you can also go to [LINK] So what? Why should we care? Umm...I think it is kind of obvious why we should care. It's gross! People were eating onions from that onion farm...meanwhile there are atleast 20 skeletons rotting where the onions were grown. Eww!! If they knew that theonions that they were eating were grown around corpses, do you think that they would have ate them? I don't think so! And that farm was aslo a headquarters...don't you think it would be scary just digging up 20 corpses not even knowing that they were there? Yeah, that would be frightening holy man. Well..put yourself in their shoes..you sohlud care, shouldn't you?

Hey...in class we are still doing our assignment called products from the future. To find out what it is about you can read some of my previous blogs. I finally found some information on desks! It took me a really....really long time but I did it! I couldn't find year of invention or the inventors name, becasue there were none, but I found everything else so I am pretty proud! For me the hardest piece of information to find was how desks are made. I looked for days and couldn't find it, so I sent Mr. Fisher an email saying that I need help to find it. He helped me in school the next day and even he couldn't find it. That night I went home and looked up 'How desks are built' on Google and I found it! I felt so stupid, it is such an easy thing to thikn of! I was jsut making it harder for myself then it really is. Well..I have another blog to write so ttyl!

Article posted November 28, 2005 at 05:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

On Sunday, November 27th a very strong earthquake hit southern Iran. The magnitude of this earthquake as at least 5.9. It killed at least 10 people and injured many others. The earthquake came close to Qeshm Island (capital of Iran), where around 200 000 people. Buildings were ruined, in Qeshm Island, as well as in Tonban, Gavarzin and Khaledi. The hospitals in southern Iran were over full, and they couldn't keep up with all of thier patients. People were asked to evacuate all buildings, so the streets were full. Just 30 seconds of this earthquake could take down an entire building. To find out more about this earthquake and others you can go to [LINK] or [LINK] So what? Why should we care, it never killed us! Well, you never know when it could. You are lucky to not be hit by earthquakes, or any natural disasters for that matter. Think about it. You are lucky to even be alive. Everyone should be thankful for life. It is the greatest gift you can ever get. If any earthquake even came close oto me. I know I would be so scared, I know it. I can't even start to think what it would be like with any natural disaster even coming close to me. Imagine what it would be like for the people that they do come close to. It would be pretty scary, I can tell you that much. Anyhow ttyl

Article posted November 28, 2005 at 05:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 49

Hey...as you all know, if you have been reading my blogs, we are learning about products from the future and are doing a big project about it in class. I decided to make my product a desk. It is pretty hard to research it, because there are absolutely zero sites about manufacturing, materials, history, inventors and time of invention on desks. I have been thinking about making a new product, but I have spent days on this, and it would seem like it was all for nothing. ttyl