Copyright (c) 2014 by A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
A -- Blogmeister

--->~*~cHiPsEy~*~<---

Grade 8

by A

teacher: Clarence Fisher

Moving! 01/30/06
Math>On the computer 01/17/06
Offshoring 01/17/06
Just some news 01/13/06
My new laptop 12/26/05
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 12/26/05
Last week of school!! 12/20/05
My Sunday>December 18, 2005 12/18/05
Egypt>A new Social Studies Unit 12/15/05
Most important news stories of 2005 12/15/05

Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm no longer located at www.classblogmeister.com anymore.

Mr. Fisher found a new spot for our blogs.

Here's a link to my blog:

[LINK]

Good-bye~Find me at the link above, it's my new blog. :)

~A.W.

Heyy everyone!! As you may already know, the grade 7's math and the grade 8's math are different, and Mr. Fisher splits us up during math class. The grade 8's are doing textbook work, but the grade 7's are doing something completely different.

The grade 7's are doing math on the computers. It's a disc you can buy called "The Learning Equation." Mr. Fisher says it's harder than textbook work, but personally I find it easier. I like doing math better on the computer because it's different and actually kind of fun.

I am pretty good at it; we are dealing with co-ordinates. They're easy to plot, but you have to look carefully while plotting them. It's easy to get the negative and the positive mixed up sometimes. Yet I find it easy when I take my time and think the questions through.

I definitely prefer doing math on computers instead of from a textbook=http://

With all due respect,

~A.W.

Offshoring can be defined as relocation of buisness processes (including production/manufacturing) to a lower cost location. Offshoring can be seen in the context of either production offshoring or services offshoring. China has emerged as the preffered destination for production offshoring while India has emerged as the dominate player in the services offshoving domain.

So is offshoring an opertunity or threat? The short answer is that the trend is real, irreversible and another step in the globalization of the American economy. It does present a challenge to industry, government, and individual workers. But the shifting of some technology jobs abroad fits into a well-worn historical pattern of economic change and adjustment in the United States.

Heyy everyone, I have lots to say! (I'm on my laptop typing this! Yay!)

Well, to begin, school has started up again. It started on January 9th. It's not as bad as I expected, but I would prefer staying home and sleeping in and fidling on my laptop.:)

I did get the internet on my laptop working, so now my laptop is like 10 times better than it already was (can it possibly get any better? :P) I use it for everything now, school projects, MSN, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and much more.

I typed a project for school on my laptop, but there was no printer hooked up. So, the new Dell Memory Key (which is now replacing floppy discs,) allowed me to save it on there. I just stuck it into one of the drives on my laptop and it saved onto there. Then I put it into one of the drives on my desktop computer, and printed the project off on my desktop, since it has a printer. Neat, huh?

Exams are coming up. I really, REALLY don't want to take them. I hate studying, and I don't want to write exams, they're worst than tests!!

Hey people in my class, incase you have forgotten when exams are, here's when they are:

January 27th - Home Ec

January 31st - Social Studies

February 1st - Math

February 2nd - Science

February 3rd - ELA

I really don't have much more news, just the fact that I really need to get my homework done. It's the weekend, so I'm out tonight. On Saturday, I'm gone to a sleepover, and on Sunday I have to start studying for my home ec exam. I'll have a fun weekend, besides the homework and studying. :(

Lots of lovin',

~A.W.

Article posted December 26, 2005 at 08:07 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 53

Heyy, as you all know Christmas was here! I got the best gift ever: a laptop!! WOW!!

It's a Dell Inspiron 6000, and it's silver. It has a black keyboard with a white stripe down the sides parallel to one another. There's no stripe on the top and bottom, though.

I opened a Microsoft office on Christmas, wondering 'what use does this have to me? Then I opened a laptop, and then I knew exactly what the Microsoft office was for!

I got more stuff for my laptop, too. I just can't explain it all. But I did get a D-Link Router. That allows the internet from my home computer to go to my laptop as well. But there's this chip that needs to be put onto our home computer, and my mom nor my dad know how to install it, so we're phoning MTS later to see if they can help. If they can't, we have a friend who is really good with electronics that might be able to come over and help us. But my laptop will get internet eventually.

I really, really love my laptop. It was my favourite Christmas present. I got so many other presents too, but the laptop beats all!

Hugs and all that,

A.W.

Article posted December 26, 2005 at 07:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 53

Heyy everyone, just a short article wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

Leave a comment on this blog post telling me about all of the stuff you got for Christmas! What was your favourite thing? Did you get a huge surprise when you opened one of the gifts? Did you get coal? Tell me it all, folks!

For my Christmas dinner I had a variety of foods, like turnip and potato and so much more. I ate turky and pastry, though, because I wasn't in the mood for the other stuff.

What did you have for Christmas dinner? Tell me about it on a comment on this article!

Well, I'm gonna go and check out all of my awesome stuff. Happy holidays!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas,

A.W.

Heyy everyone, I am so happy!! Christmas is on Sunday, and school lets out for Christmas holidays on Thursday this week!! I am so excited!!

On the last day of school we are having a Potluck. That's where everyone brings either an appetizer, main dish, or desert. It's going to be so fun, not to mention yummy!

We are also having a Gift Exchange on the last day of school. That's where boys bring gifts for boys and girls bring gifts for girls. You also get a gift from a boy or a girl, depending on your gender. That'll be fun!

Christmas is my favourite time of year, is it yours?

Leave a comment on this blog post about what your favourite part of Christmas is!

Hugs and all that,

A.W.

Article posted December 19, 2005 at 03:05 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Heyz ... today was one of the best days ever!! I went to T.B's house and H.G., and A.F. came too. M.F. and D.W-R. (two people not in our class) came too.

We had a Christmas party. We exchanged gifts (I got a gift for everyone there, plus T.B.'s mom and dad) and I got lots of awesome presents. From T.B. I got an outfit, a "Hello Kitty" wallet, and a little ornament (awesome!), from H.G. I got "Care Bears" PJ's (adorable! I LOVE Care Bears!), from A.F. I got a keychain with my initial on it (beautiful!), and from H.G.'s mom I got earrings with a matching necklace (gorgeous!). T.B. got a similar pair. M.F. and D.W-R. didn't get any gifts for anyone. Ugh. Boys.:)

I got T.B. a "Dora the Explorer" body pillow (T.B LOVES Dora the Explorer), lip gloss, an ornament, and my mom gave her a teddy bear, just from her. I got H.G. a teddy bear, and some Mary-Kate & Ashley perfume and lotion. I got A.F. a keychain and Hershey Kisses with almonds. I got D.W-R. a police lamp (when plugged in, it swirls around, giving off a red light.) I got M.F. Hershey Kisses with almonds and a laser light. I got T.B.'s mom a hand-made, stained-glass bracelet and T.B.'s dad a scarf...it really suited him.

We made a gingerbread house (but we ate most of the stuff we put on it...haha) and we had chicken and deserts and pop. We also played "Connect Four," a board game. I didn't play, though, because I don't know how, haha. We were going to play "Twister" but we didn't ... too big of a mess on the floor, because of the wrapping paper from our presents.

It was such an awesome Christmas party. I can hardly wait for Christmas!!

Hugs and all that,

A.W.

Heyz ... well, we're back to social studies. We've started a new unit - it's on Egypt.

At first I thought it was going to be super boring. Turns out it isn't that bad. We watched a movie on Egypt, which was okay because there was a lot of interesting stuff being shown on there. We had to take stuff down from the movie about their lives (Ex. clothing, family and group, religion) and after we had stuff down about them, he put us in groups of three to make a mural.

Me and my group's mural is actually pretty good. We had to do pyramids and monuments, and we put in lots of detail, so that shows what a good job we are doing. I mean, just imagine drawing all of those little blocks on a pyramid! The paper was two metres long, and our pyramids had to be big, so we had a lot of blocks to fill in.

We have, at the back of our classroom, a huge collection of Egypt books from the library. They contain everything you could possibly imagine about Egypt. We used some of those books to help us get ideas for our murals, too.

We used the movie and the books to make a mural on Egypt, and it looks great. Learning about Egypt is actually pretty interesting.

Hugsies and all,

A.W.

Blog Post – December 15, 2005

Most important news stories of 2005

Heyz .. In our world, many things happen. Problems are caused, crimes are commited, new technologies have been invented. So many things have happened, but has anyone ever stopped to wonder what are the most important things that have happened in our world?

A new technology was discovered. The MIT Media Lab has launched a new research initiative to develop a $100 laptop — a technology that could revolutionize how we educate the world's children. To achieve this goal, a new, non-profit association, One Laptop per Child, has been created. The initiative was first announced by Nicholas Negroponte, Lab chairman and co-founder, at the World Economic Forum at Davos, Switzerland in January 2005. Please note that the $100 laptops—not yet in production—will not be available for sale. The laptops will only be distributed to schools directly through large government initiatives.

This is important because it is changing the way we educate children. Instead of throwing paper, textbooks, and pencils at them, we are showing them this new $100 laptop.

To read more about this laptop click the link below:

[LINK]

As of Thursday, Dec. 15, 2005, at least 2,152 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. At least 1,691 died as a result of hostile action, according to the military's numbers. The figures include five military civilians.

The Associated Press count is three fewer than the Defense Department's tally, last updated at 10 a.m. EST Thursday.

The British military has reported 98 deaths; Italy, 27; Ukraine, 18; Poland, 17; Bulgaria, 13; Spain, 11; Slovakia, three; Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Netherlands, Thailand, two each; Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia one death each.

Since May 1, 2003, when President Bush declared that major combat operations in Iraq had ended, 2,013 U.S. military members have died, according to AP's count. That includes at least 1,582 deaths resulting from hostile action, according to the military's numbers.

This is important because this war has been going on for a while now. So many people were killed, and it's time that this war stops!

To read more about this, click the link below:

[LINK]

These are some of the most important newsstories of the year 2005. The new laptop for educating children that is coming out is awesome, it's a new way to get kids educated. And the war in Iraq that started on March 2003 is still going on, and it's year 2005, is pretty sad. Have you seen all of the updates for the number of deaths? That's crazy!

Hugsies and all,

A.W.