Copyright (c) 2014 by A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
A -- Blogmeister

5-6 2010/2011

Here we are! We go to school in Bengough, Saskatchewan, Canada. We want to share what we are doing in our classroom. Come and see!

by A

teacher: Carlene Gauley

Last night at hockey practice we were warming up. Kirk was skating backwards and I wasn’t paying any attention to what he was doing. He hit me and I fell over and hit my head on the ice. I laid there for a little bit, and then I got up and skated to the bench and sat there for a bit. I got up then we started practice.
In practice we were on the blue line. We had to skate to the red line then skate back and get your puck, shoot on Dalton, then go back to the blue line. When it was my turn I went, stopped, fell, got back up, fell again, got my puck, shot on Dalton, and went back. We do this drill so we don't have to do lines.
Lines is when you start on the goal line. You skate to the blue line and back to the goal line. We keep on going until you go to one end of the ice and back down to the other end. No one on our team likes to do lines because if you don't skate hard you have to do it again, so we all really try hard.
We practiced checking for next year too. I was up against Tyson. When I hit him, he lost his balance and fell on his butt. Next up it was Alex and Sarah. Alex rocked Sarah and she fell on her back. Everyone was tapping their sticks on the ice for Alex's big hit!
To end practice, we had a shoot out. I went down and deked him and scored. Next I went down, deked, and scored again. The last time I went Dalton yelled, "AAAAHHHH!!" and I started laughing so hard that I couldn’t shoot. At the end I had to pick up the pucks because I scored the most goals.

Article posted February 25, 2010 at 03:12 PM • comment • Reads 50 • see all articles