Copyright (c) 2014 by R Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
R -- Blogmeister

Robyn-

Here we are! We go to school in Bengough, Saskatchewan, Canada. We want to share what we are doing in our classroom. Come and see!

by R teacher: Carlene Gauley

Do you enjoy class field trips? I know I really do! This year for our field trip we went to Regina. We went to the RCMP Heritage Centre and the Mackenzie Art Gallery.
At the RCMP Heritage Centre we went into a confrence room. There we talked about treaties between the white man and the First Nations. A treaty is a promise between 2 nations. I learned that the traties were not very detailed so it was hard for the government. After that, we got to look around all of the exibits. It was really neat!
After lunch we went to the MacKenzie Art Gallery. When we were there we saw a whole bunch of Inuit sculptures. Every sculpture has a story to it so we tried to guess what the story of each one was. We also looked at a few paintings. We learned how the paintings were made and what the paintings were (sometimes it is hard to know what the painting are made of.)
I really enjoyed this field trip. I hope that I have another good one next year!

Article posted June 21, 2012 at 01:40 PM • comment • Reads 137 • see all articles