Copyright (c) 2015 by R Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
R -- Blogmeister

Robyn-

Here we are! We go to school in Bengough, Saskatchewan, Canada. We want to share what we are doing in our classroom. Come and see!

by R teacher: Carlene Gauley

Do you enjoy class field trips? I know I really do! This year for our field trip we went to Regina. We went to the RCMP Heritage Centre and the Mackenzie Art Gallery.

At the RCMP Heritage Centre we went into a confrence room. There we talked about treaties between the white man and the First Nations. A treaty is a promise between 2 nations. I learned that the traties were not very detailed so it was hard for the government. After that, we got to look around all of the exibits. It was really neat!

After lunch we went to the MacKenzie Art Gallery. When we were there we saw a whole bunch of Inuit sculptures. Every sculpture has a story to it so we tried to guess what the story of each one was. We also looked at a few paintings. We learned how the paintings were made and what the paintings were (sometimes it is hard to know what the painting are made of.)

I really enjoyed this field trip. I hope that I have another good one next year!

Track and Feild was on June 4th. My favorite part of track and field is seeing my friends from all of the different towns, like Kassandra, Ariana, Kae-lee, and Jamie. They are all really nice. I got ribbons in every event. I got firsts in triple jump, and high jump. I got 3 thirds in running jump, 400 metre run, 200 metre run. I got 2 fourths in 100 metre run, and shot put. I am happy with what I got because this is my last year of elementry track and field!

There is a game on the internet that I really enjoy to play. It is called howrse. Even though Horse is spelled wrong you still play wtih horses.

You start off with one horse and you can buy more and breed your horses. So far I have 3 horses. Bam-Bam, Pebbles, and my new foal Trix. Bam-Bam is almost 5, Pebbles is closse to 4, and Trix is almost 1. All of my horses are paint horses but I think if I am going to breed my mare again I might try to breed her with a Quarter Horse. I have been wondering how it would turn out.

I really like to play Howrse and I really like the horses. I think that one of the only reasons I play Howrse is so that I can be with the horses. I love taking care of horses!

In our class we are reading a book called Ghosts of the Titanic. It is a a really good book so far. Right now I think that the box that Kevin found in the basement is realated to the ghost that he keeps hearing. The ghost keeps saying "Where is Micheal? What have you done with my boy?" It is really creepy. Kevin is just starting to figure it all out and we are making infrences along the way!

I have so many motives right now I don't have a specific infrence yet. But I am almost positive it has something to do with the box Angus Seaton made, the purse Angus found on the body, the ghost, Angus Seaton, Micheal, and of course the Titanic.

Everyone in our family has their own cow out of the 270 that we already have! My cow used to be Pretty. She was one of the best (not to mention prettiest) cows of all! Her number was number 7.

But there was always something a little differnt about her. Every year that she calved, all of her bulls (baby boy calves) would all turn out good and we would sell them. But all of her girl calves would end up dying.

In 2010 she was going to calve, but something tragic happened. She got into a fight with another cow and broke her leg because she fell in a gopher hole. It was pretty audvious that she wasn't going to make it. So when she did die my dad and my uncle and aunt gave Pretty a C-Section to get the calf out. The calf ended up alright and I had to bottle feed it. I called her Roxy! It was amazing that one of her heffers had finally survived or so I thought!

When Roxy had her first baby calf I was so happy! The generation was finally going on! She had a bull calf (big surprise!) I called it Baze. He grew up alright and things were good! But when the fall came my cow was no where to be found! Her calf was alright and my grandma bought him but even up to today Roxy has been missing. I guess it is true, hefers just aren't to lucky in that family of cows.

But I got a new hefer. Half of her face is white and the other is black and she has a white belly. Her name is Joker. This year she had a hefer calf. I called her Anne. Anne is the smallest calf we have had this year. But she is good now! I hope that her calves are all good and healthy, and of course, lucky!

On Easter Break I went to Maple Creek. When I was there I saw my Nana and Papa and their house. They have done some new stuff since I have been there last. They put on a backsplash in the kitchen and got a new clock. Their house has definetly had good progress!

That night at supper my uncle Ryan and auntie Becky told us that we were going to get a new baby cousin! But they aren't due until October. I could hardly sleep that night because I was so excited!

The next day we were going to the Southveiw Manor for my great-grandma's birthday. My sister and I were going to sing there so we practiced all morning. When we got there me and my cousins went to go to all of the doors and ask if they wanted to come to Josephine Newby's birthday party. Most of them came but some couldn't make it becasue they were ill. One lady thought we were selling Girl Scout Cookies. We had to get a laugh out of that one! One lady didn't come because she was watching the the ball game.

When everyone was there my cousins, Morgan, and I served tea, coffee, and delisious chocolate cake! When we finnished the cake my sister and I sang. Then we all went outside and played tag. I had a great time at Maple Creek!

Have you ever been to the Mackenzie Art Gallery? Yesterday after lunch we went into the art room to see some art/paintings of Saskachewan. That Ken brought from the Mackenzie Art Gallery. There were lots of different types of paintings like water colours, and oil paints. My favourite painting was "The Buffalo Hunt". It was my favourite because I am interested in history and I liked the way it was painted and how the artist showed the action in his painting. In the picture there was a First Nation man on a horse herding hundreds of buffalo in a herd. After we had a look around Ken tought us how to draw a highway that looked out far away. We also drew train tracks and power poles. It was a great picture and it hardly took any time to draw! I hope that someday I can visit the Mackenzie Art Gallery!

At the library today, I got an architectural magazine. Inside of it there is an exclusive look at houses from the world's top architects. I am interested in it because I would like to be an architect when I grow up. There are lots of pictures of mansions. I really like the houses that are in the magazine, because they are so unique. Although there are some that I like there are also some that are kind of weird.

I really like it so far!

When my mom and dad got home from Hawaii, they showed us pictures of thier trip. They showed us some pictures of Pearl Harbor (where the Japanese bombed the United States). I was really interested in it so we put in the movie Pearl Harbor. It took place in World War 2. It is about 2 best friends named Rafe and Dani who want to fly in airplanes and then they go to war. Normally I do not like war movies but this movie is now my favourite.

On Christmas day as usual me and my sister would get up super early to see all of our presents under the tree. When my parents finally woke up we opened our presents. I got a romote controle helecopter, a camera, clothes, a Nancy Drew computer game, slippers, The Smurfs Movie, and Mr. Poppers Penguins Movie. That afternoon my mom's side of the family came. We ate, played games, and then came my favourite part of the night - me, my auntie, my sister, and my cousins Eric, Regan, Mackenzie, and Kaitlyn played Sardines in the dark. In case you do not know, Sardines is a game that is simaler to hide and go seek only when you find the person you hide with them and the first team to find the other team wins! So we put our selves in teams. My auntie and Kaitlyn, Mackenzie and Morgan, Regan and I, and Eric wanted to be by himself. We played long enough for everyone to get a turn to hide. (which was about to 12:00)

We had a super fun Christmas Day!