Copyright (c) 2014 by Carlene Gauley Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Carlene Gauley -- Blogmeister

Our Class Blog

Here we are! We go to school in Bengough, Saskatchewan, Canada. We want to share what we are doing in our classroom. Come and see!

by Carlene Gauley

Mrs. Cassidy's class
Miss Gauley's class podcast
Mrs. Marit's class
Bengough School
Reindeer Music
Mathletics
MIss Noshie's 5th Grade
Mr. Silversides' class
Ms. Ozminkowski's Kinderblog
Henry Janzen Grade 3/4
Mr. Brune's 5th Grade

Next week, we get to have our Student Led Conferences. The students sit with their parents and a teacher to share their successes and challenges at school.

Another month is finished. We had some more dress up days, including Halloween costumes. Congratulations to the students who have been practicing Mathletics at home and at school and earning points for a certificate. Congratulations also to our students who are keeping track of their reading minutes and have reached 1000 minutes!

We just had Education Week in Saskatchewan. The theme was celebrating success. We took pictures of all our students while they were learning, and displayed them in the hallway. As well, each student wrote about things they have felt successful at doing. How about you? What are some things that you've been trying to get better at and how has it been going?

Article posted October 3, 2014 at 02:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 2113

I blinked, and suddenly it was the end of September! Along with learning our courses, learning how to be in a split class, and getting to know new classmates, we had a few special guests and activities. Our Terry Fox Walk was on September 25. Our parents came and visited our classrooms for our Open House. Jeanne Corrigal came to tell us about her friend, Jim Settee, and about his matchbox of teachings. Trent Arterberry also did a presentation on mime. He was able to use his body language, facial expressions, and gestures to tell many different stories. Our favourite part was when he had several of our students demonstrate a story. What will October have in store for us?

Article posted September 16, 2014 at 05:15 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 1255

We've started another year at school! The first ten days have been very busy getting used to a different classroom, different classmates, and a different teacher. The SRC held Spirit Week last week. We dressed up for Moustache Monday, Tie Tuesday, Western Wednesday, Thrift Shop Thursday, and Formal Friday. We also had Mrs. Crooks come and begin our unit on the Circle of Courage.

Article posted June 21, 2014 at 05:34 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 6006

MissGauleysclass's Class Trip Part 2 album on Photobucket

Our second project at the 4Cats Art Studio was spin art. As you can see, it was always a surprise to see what the picture would look like, because on the spinner it looked like a target or a lollipop!

Thank you Wivi for driving our bus, and Sheila for being a chaperone!

Article posted June 21, 2014 at 05:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

MissGauleysclass's Class Trip Part 1 album on Photobucket

Today was our class trip to Regina. As part of our Social Studies course, we went to the RCMP Heritage Centre. The history of the RCMP is tightly linked to the history of Canada. After lunch, we went to the 4Cats Art Studio. Our first project was in the style of Jackson Pollock. As you can see, we had a lot of fun!

MissGauleysclass's Weather Instruments album on Photobucket

One of our projects in our Science unit was to make a weather instrument. We made anemometers to measure wind speed, rain gauges, and barometers.

Today was Awards Day. Congratulations to everyone who received a school pin for collecting enough participation points! Thank you to the Borderland Music Festival Committee for giving up participation medallions too!

Article posted June 13, 2014 at 03:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 513

MissGauleysclass's May and June album on Photobucket

Things have been busy, so I am a bit behind updating our blog! Here are some of the things we've been doing. In Science, we've worked on a unit about forces and simple machines. We made different kinds of levers and pulley systems. In Art, we made sculptures and pictures in the style of Barbara Reid. We've had Skittles dress-up day (pink for us), Jersey Day, and red to honour fallen RCMP officers. Only a few more days to go until summer holidays!

Our school was very lucky to have Eric Wilson come to visit today. He told us about his life, how he started writing, his research, and his successes in writing 22 mysteries (so far). Many years ago, he spent a lot of time trying to write stories that were rejected, but he never gave up and tried to learn how to improve. We were able to ask him many questions, and he answered them very well and with patience. We could tell that he used to be a teacher because he presented his information so well and dealt with the audience with ease. We were able to answer questions about his life and his work to receive prizes. We found it interesting to see the covers of his books from different countries. We were honoured to meet him.

3-5 2014/2015
5-6 2009/2010
5-6 2010/2011
5-6 2011/2012
5-6 2012/2013
5-6 2013/2014
K-2 2006/2007
K-2 2007/2008
K-2 2008/2009

This is my 26th year of teaching. This blog began as a K, 1, and 2 class. I now have a class of Grades 3, 4, and 5 students. I hope you enjoy looking at some of the things we are doing in our corner of the world.