Copyright (c) 2014 by Carlene Gauley Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Carlene Gauley -- Blogmeister

Our Class Blog

Here we are! We go to school in Bengough, Saskatchewan, Canada. We want to share what we are doing in our classroom. Come and see!

by Carlene Gauley

Mrs. Cassidy's class
Voyageurs New Zealand
Miss Gauley's class podcast
Mrs. Marit's class
Mrs.Kick's class
Bengough School
Ms Noveh's class
Reindeer Music
Mathletics
Ms. Bullock's class New Zealand
Mrs. Muller's class
Bright Sparks
Mr. Brune's 5th Grade
Ms. Yollis's Class
MIss Noshie's 5th Grade

At last the weather is warming up! Besides having projects due and tests to write, we had some fun activities at school. We had a mini-Olympics for K-6. We had two dress up days - PJ Day, and Dress as a Favourite Story Character Day. Jump Rope for Heart saw K-12 in the gym for an hour of heart-pumping activities. Thank you everyone who donated to the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Our class raised $586.50.

Our 100th Day of School happened on the same day as an early dismissal. So, along with having Keyboarding, Phys. Ed., and a quiz, we fit in a few activities for our 100th Day.

We played a Lotto game. In a grid, we listed nine numbers from 2-100. There were requirements for the numbers chosen. If the numbers were multiples of a drawn card (2-13), then we could cross it off. The winners had to have a row of 3.

We had a couple 100 second snack breaks. We did 100 exercises. We raced to do multiplication facts for 100 seconds.

Lastly, we played "Yoink". This is a race to write all the numbers to 100, but, unfortunately, people keep "yoinking" the pencil away from you.

Tomorrow, we begin counting down the days of school on a new grid.

Another busy month! We had a cupcake sale to help raise money for our class trip to the RCMP Heritage Centre. Today was Family Literacy Day, so we had a school wide activity in the gym. We were partnered with a younger student. We read a story about Rainbow Fish, and made a rainbow fish for a mural.

We went searching for some other classes to exchange comments with. We happened upon Mrs. Clay's class in El Paso, Texas. The students had written Bio Poems. We read a few, and then sent comments to the students with which we connected (hopefully they will comment back to us). We thought the Bio Poems were a good idea, so we made our own poems. Please check them out, and feel free to comment on our writing.

Article posted December 21, 2013 at 04:09 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

Another busy month at school! We had an Extreme Weather dress up day (along with some very extreme weather - very cold!), BYOM day where the SRC supplied us with hot chocolate, and Formal Day. We performed "The Christmas Guest" for our Christmas Concert and sang "Angels Among Us". And on our last day, we opened up our Christmas presents and played games! Have a wonderful holiday season and Merry Christmas!!!

Article posted November 20, 2013 at 02:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

http://s654.photobucket.com/user/MissGauleysclass/media/RiderDay2013_zps89ec3cf4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://s654.photobucket.com/user/MissGauleysclass/media/RiderDay2013_zps89ec3cf4.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo RiderDay2013_zps89ec3cf4.jpg

A few weeks ago, the Elementary SRC planned to have Rider Day. They asked everyone in school to dress in their Rider gear. At noon, the elementary students participated in several activities based on having fun with football. It was a fun day, but even better, the Riders won the Western Final and are off to the Grey Cup this weekend! Go Riders!!!

MissGauleysclass's September-October 2013 album on Photobucket

The first couple of months of school are speeding right along. We participated in the Terry Fox Walk September 26, 2013. We have had many dress up days. Can you guess which day is which in the pictures? We had SuperHero Day, Mopey Monday, TV Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Formal Friday.

MissGauleysclass's 2013 - 2014 album on Photobucket

We started our new school year Tuesday, September 4. In our 5/6 class this year, we only have 10 kids. Don't you love our snazzy shoes?

P.S. It is SUPER hot here. Wish we could bottle it up and use it in January!

MissGauleysclass's Fly Away album on Photobucket

We are working on our last ELA/Science unit about Flight. These pictures show scenes from a couple of experiments. The first one involved different types of wings. We had long and wide, long and narrow, short and wide, and short and narrow wings to try. We ran around the gym with the various wing types to feel the force of drag and how easy it was to turn. The second involved trying to make a balloon fly off in a straight line when we let it go. The pictures show some of our creations. We went to the gym with great expectations the balloons would travel a great distance - but they didn't!

Article posted April 11, 2013 at 02:29 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 34

MissGauleysclass's Day of Pink album on Photobucket

April 10 is the Red Cross Day of Pink in Saskatchewan. Our school participated in this day of taking a stand against bullying. We got our pink shirts as soon as we got to school, and then we had a massive assembly in the gym. Some community members were there too, in their pink shirts as well. We had hotdogs (with pink buns!), pink lemonade, and pink desserts for lunch. Last class, we had another assembly in the gym where we found out the winners of the SCC's writing contest. In our classroom, we learned about empathy, and did an activity with the video Bully Dance. Everyone involved in a bullying situation is affected by bullying. Having empathy (understanding and thinking of other's feelings) is a big step to preventing bullying.

5-6 2009/2010
5-6 2010/2011
5-6 2011/2012
5-6 2012/2013
5-6 2013/2014
K-2 2006/2007
K-2 2007/2008
K-2 2008/2009

This is my 24th year of teaching. This blog began as a K, 1, and 2 class. We have jumped ahead, and are now a Grades 5 and 6 class. I hope you enjoy looking at some of the things we are doing in our corner of the world.