Copyright (c) 2014 by Michelle Huseman Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Michelle Huseman -- Blogmeister

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by Michelle Huseman

Mr. Smith's Bloggers
Eugene Field School

Our Fifth Grade class has lots of kids in it.  Our class has 22 kids in it.  We are making a science notebook.  Our school is Eugene Field.  Ms. Huseman is our Science Teacher.  I would lik to do lots of experiments in science class.  I would also like to learn about insects.  It's fun to look in a microscope.

We are a Fifth Grade class in Hannibal, MO.  We will do a lot of exciting experiments.  We hope to learn chemistry and how to turn solids into liquids. 

We just got done with our Science notebooks.  WE ARE NOW SCIENTISTS! We are going to be doing experiements that are fun.

Yesterday afternoon was very sad for my class and myself.  We learned that the mother Eagle from the Botanical Garden in Norfolk, Virginia was killed yesterday. As a class we have been watching this live Eagle cam since November and have felt such a part of this Eagle families lives.  We watched the nest building, the laying of eggs and the hatchings.  This was at first, to help prepare my class for our field trip to Clarksville, MO for Eagle Days in January.  It became much more.  We have blogged about the eagles at times. Now my class is going to blog about the emotions they are feeling.  I was in tears yesterday, as was my class as we read through the news reports and the comments on the Eagle site. They cheered when we read that the three eaglets were moved to the Wildlife Center of Virginia.  Please visit the Norfolk Botanical Garden site in Norfolk, Virginia for more information if you'd like.

March 9th was a very special day for my class.  The soldier that we have been emailing came to visit.  Her name is Ashley Elmore and she is the daughter of our cafeteria manager. Ashley was also greeted by the members of our Student Council.  Student Council sent her letters and two boxes of goodies at Christmas.  It was exciting for me to see the reaction of my students' and to hear the questions that they had prepared for her.  Ashley and her family also brought pizza, cupcakes and soda which was a huge treat.  We also had a visit from a reporter and photographer from the Quincy Hearld Whig.  Please read the blogs to get each persons reaction to the day.

Article posted April 9, 2010 at 02:10 PM GMT0 • comment (14) • Reads 207

Video of our eagle nest project.

My class had the pleasure of listening to the St. Louis Brass Quintet yesterday. The music was fabulous. I would like to know how much time they spend practicing each week. Any ideas?? Please read our blogs about this event.

band

Please read the work that my fourth grade has been producing.

Mrs. Hinton Science
Mrs. McGuire Science
Mrs. Oleksy Science
Mrs. Swisher Science