Copyright (c) 2014 by Michelle Huseman Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Michelle Huseman -- Blogmeister

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by Michelle Huseman

Mr. Smith's Bloggers
Eugene Field School

Title: Eagle Days Reactions (01/26/09)
Description: Write your observations and reactions to seeing the Eagles today. Don't forget to write about the Pelicans.

This field trip was fun! With the binoculars while we were in the auditorium,you could see the golden eagles talon's.Their claws are huge!The golden eagles' name was Keely. Keely's beak was more hooked. McGuire was an bald eagle. Keely and McGuire's talons were about the same length.

This field was fun! In the binoculars you could see the golden eagles talons.Their claws were huge! Then we went to the Riverfront. We saw at least 100 eagles.There were more pelicans than eagles.Then when we were done looking at eagles,we ate lunch.Then we played.Once we got to the souviner shop it was closed.So we went back to school.BYE=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!!

My field trip to Eagle Days was fun. We got to see lots of eagles. We had a campfire and we played. Frist we played were the picnic tables are.Then we ate in the bus because it was very cold. Then we went to the playground on the other side. We got to see a golden eagle and a bald eagle. The golden eagle was bigger than the bald eagle. We didn't get to go to the gift shop. We looked through telescopes. When we were going to Eagle Days Dana and I counted 105.

When we went on our field trip I saw a golden eagle and a bald eagle. The golden eagle was black and had a little gold on it's neck. The other one the bald eagle was black,white,yellow. The bald eagle's name was McGuire and the golden eagle's name was Keeley. Then we went to the Mississippi River to go see the eagles in the Mississippi River. There were spotting scopes. There was the wierdest thing was pelicans. OH, I almost forgot it was in Clarksville.

The part I liked on my field trip was when we saw a lot of bald eagles flying with the pelicans. Another part I liked was the Golden Eagle. Me and Caitlyn saw over 100 mature and immature! All of us saw a dead dear head. We think the bald eagle ate it.You could see the skeleton of its head. The Golden Eagles name was Keeley. The bald eagles name was McGuire. The only thing that was unusual about that was the pelicans. So that's why I liked my field trip.How was yours?

I thought the field trip was awesome because we got to see a lot of eagles.I thought the eagles were cool. The bald eagle did not flap his wings. We saw 100 eagles at least.

On January 23 2009 we went to Clarksville Missouri to see bald eagles. An eagles wingspan is 6 1/2 to 8 feet long. We saw at least 100 eagles. There were a lot of them in a big group. We played on a playground. Then we ate lunch. Then we went to the playground again. After that we left.Bye.

I think the field trip was amazing I thought we were going to see a golden eagle and we did see one. I was impressed that we saw one beacause that was my first time ever seeing one. It looked weird when the eagles feathers came up. We also saw a bald eagle. I liked its eyes they were amazing.

Mrs. Hinton Science
Mrs. McGuire Science
Mrs. Oleksy Science
Mrs. Swisher Science