Copyright (c) 2014 by Michelle Huseman Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Michelle Huseman -- Blogmeister

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by Michelle Huseman

Mr. Smith's Bloggers
Eugene Field School

Title: Clarksville Eagle Days (01/30/12)
Description: Please write about your visit to Clarksville, MO on Friday Jan. 27, 2012. Don't forget to include information about the two eagles that you saw during the presentation from the World Bird Sanctuary. The birds were, Louis the bald eagle and Chris the crested eagle from Africa.

The eagle video that I saw was cool. It told lots of facts. It said that eagels used to be killed for there feathers, or for fun. It also said that there were 700 eagles in Missouri. Now there are 7,000 eagles in Missouri! The Department of Conservation did a great job.

When we go on the eagle trip I bet we will see tons of eagles. We might see one feed its babies. It would be cool if we could hold one on our arm like they do.That,would be cool!

When we went to Clarksville on Friday the 17th for eagle days there were two eagles that the World Bird Sanctuary brought. You can go there in St. Louis. One of the eagles names was Chris , a Crested Eagle from Africa. The other one was named Louis, a Bald Eagle. They said that bald eagles can hit its prey with 1,000 pounds o fpressure per inch with there Talone. Talons are the claws on an eagle. The beak of a bald eagle is very sharp. It is hooked that way they can tear in to fish, deer carcus and groundhogs. Immature bald eagles are all brown. Adult bald eagles have yellow eyes, beak, feet and a white head and tail. The body is colored brownish black.

The rest of the trip was fun. There was a bald eagle sitting in it's nest. There was a immature bald eagle that got a fish from the river. They had a fire to warm up by. They had little spotting scopes to see a bald eagle. There was a bald eagle on a tower!!!

Can we get some more information on the chopping down of the eagle nest? Why would those people do that? How did you guys get the messege that the people cut the two trees down?

WHEN WE WENT TO EAGLE DAYS I HEARD THESE WORDS ENDANGERED SPECIES. WE SAID THAT ENDANGERED SPECIES IS A PLANT OR ANIMAL THAT COULD BECOME EXTINT. WE TALKED ABOUT WHERE THEY MIGRATE. SOME EAGLES DON'T MIGRATE A LOT. THEY SHOWED US TWO BIRDS FROM THE WORLD BIRD SANCTUARY. THERE NAMES WERE LEWI,S THE BALD EAGLE AND WE ALSO SAW A CRESTED AFRICAN EAGLE NAMED CHRIS.

Mrs. Hinton Science
Mrs. McGuire Science
Mrs. Oleksy Science
Mrs. Swisher Science