Copyright (c) 2014 by Dolors Permanyer Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Dolors Permanyer -- Blogmeister

From the North to the South of Europe

A group of Catalan students went to Pornainen (Finland) in May. Students from Finland are coming to visit Caldes de Montbui next March. This site is thought for exchanging information between both classes and make this project the most effective and interesting as possible.

by Dolors Permanyer

ITIL Certification
Six Sigma Certification
Car Parking Games
Tractor Games

IES MANOLO HUGUÉ IS GOING TO FINLAND AGAIN

This school year 2009-10 a new group of students is going to Finland in May (2010).

It is a group of 20 students of 3rd year of ESO. They have participated or are participating in the optional credit "Planning a Trip".

In the classes of the credit the students are preparing themselves to go to the "country of the lakes" and they are also getting information from Catalonia and the school for their partners in Finland.

You can see some photos of the meeting in Barcelona

21st March - 27th March Saturday 21st Parents and teachers will go the airport to pick up Finnish partners. Sunday 22nd Monday 23rd: Barcelona Modernism only Finnish students 10h. Parc Guell 13h. Sagrada Familia 15h. Pedrera/ Passeig de Gracia arriving time in Caldes 18 h. evening: families Caldes Tuesday 24th: school day morning: classes, lunch with families afternoon: 16h. Finnish students: Thermal water tour in Caldes evening: 20h. Human Towers exhibition Wednesday 25th: Barcelona Gothic morning: Picasso Museum/Santa Mª del Mar church, Cathedral, Boqueria Market, Ramblas, (only Finnish students) afternoon: Catalan students joining in Maremagnum 16h. Aquarium Maremagnum (shopping) evening: Dinner 22h. arriving time in Caldes. Thursday 26th: Barcelona (Fins and Catalans) morning: 9h. School: Montjuich, Poble Espanyol, MNAC afternoon: 15h. CAMP NOU and barça museum evening: 18h. families Caldes Friday 27th: leaving Caldes at 6.45h. please, comment your suggestions!!

Article posted June 1, 2008 at 10:34 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 206

Hello, everybody.. how was your week in FInland?

I hope everybody  had a great time in Pornainen!! and that you can tell part of your experience in your blog. What was the best for you?' what was the worst? Is there anything you will never forget??

For me, that was the best week this school year. I learned a lot from my partners Lea and Pannu, and from the rest of teachers I  had the chance to meet. I liked to see the school, the classrooms, some books and everything related to teaching in Finland.

I also enjoyed the trips to Helsinki and Hamelinna, the boat to Suomelinna, the landscape with the high trees and the lakes, and of course the saunas...

I also enjoyed listening to Catalan students teaching Catalan words and songs to the Finns and appreciated the effort all of you made to speak in English most of the time.. 

what did I like the most? the sauna and the bath in the cold lake in Lea's uncle's cottage... something I'll never forget!

What didn't I like? I don't really know...  perhaps that  I missed my family.....

What would I change?? I will wait to read your articles before answering this question

TO Catalan and Finnish STUDENTS:

Write your article about your week in Pornainen.

Article posted May 20, 2008 at 12:29 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 118

While you are in England you have to look for information on two topics:

Finnish education system

Geografia política

Go to these documents, answer the questions and complete all the tasks.

Publish the results of your research in your blog.

Article posted May 18, 2008 at 10:24 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 298

This is your last opportunity to ask questions to your partners...

This is my question for Lea and Pannu:

What's the weather like at the moment?? Do we need to bring a raincoat and an umbrella??

see you very soon!!!

THURSDAY, 22nd,

Departure time/place:

6.30 at the school (coach)

Flight: 09.30 at Barcelona airport

Arriving time at Vantaa airport: 14.40 pm.

Transport to Pornainen: by families

FRIDAY, 23rd,

Day at school.

8.45-9.35 Classroom 'Tempo' getting to know each other

9.45 - 11.15 Following the curriculum of the host (lessons)

11.15 - 12.05 Lunch at school restaurant.

12.05 - 12.50 Lesson with the host student

13.00 -14.30 Classroom 'Tempo' - Catalan's presentations

Families

SATURDAY // SUNDAY, 24th-25th,

Families do different things with students, some of them are in Pornainen and some of them go out.

MONDAY,26th,

Visit to Hamenlinna

Monday 9-18

10.30 Aulanko - park and sigthseeing tower - Finland with lakes and forests

12 Hämeen linna - a castle

castellhameelinna

13- 14 Lunch break

14.30-16.30

- Iittala class centre (guided tour how to make class?)

- time for shopping in a chocolade factory

- Finnish class shop.

Back in Pornainen 18pm.

TUESDAY, 27th,

Visit to Helsinki

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Suurkirkko_Helsinki_maaliskuu_2002_IMG_0629.JPG/180px-Suurkirkko_Helsinki_maaliskuu_2002_IMG_0629.jpg

Tuesday 8-20

10.30 Guided tour in Helsinki

10.30 Seurasaari - Suomenlinna -

12.30 city centre: senate Square, Cathedral, Kiseleff Bazaarhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/Senate_Square_and_Lutheran_Cathedral_in_Helsinki.jpg/220px-Senate_Square_and_Lutheran_Cathedral_in_Helsinki.jpg

14.00 Ateneum museum

15.00 Citycentre, surroundings, shopping

Back in Pornainen 20 (by bus).

WEDNESDAY, 28th

Special day at school. http://www.peda.net/img/lehti/lehti3974/1.jpg

Departure time/place

2.30, at school (coach)

Flight: 17.25 at Vantaa airport

Arriving time at Barcelona airport: 20.20 pm

Transport home by Catalan families

grupgran

It's been a pleasure to work with you during these months...

(pssss.... two boys are missing in the photo... Ricard (hiding behind the rock) and Victor Manuel (had to be in class)

Hello Finns, how are you?? We are also looking forward to visit you and your country...

Today we have been taking some photos (at last...) and we have also given our presentations in class.

Let's see....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2347/2229602560_b7bb9e78d0_m.jpg

Those are our boys, the most talkative in the world... from left to right, Victor, Marc, Raul and Ricard. They gave a talk about the educational system and our school.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2071/2229602570_aa973426aa_m.jpg

They are the most "hardworking" and demanding girls in the group (which doesn't mean they are "dumb"). From tallest to shortest: Laura, Irina and Nuria. They gave a fantastic talk about traditions and celebrations in Catalonia. inspiring!!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2179/2229602574_5a333e4dca_m.jpg

Those are the most cheerful and funniest in the group. From lightest to darkest blue: Mila, Karen, Lia, Ester and Mireia. Some of them can't stop laughing!! Their presentation is about Barcelona. It's really worth seeing... (take care not to get lost or go mad moving forwards and backwards...)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2057/2229602564_5b804c42b2_m.jpg

Finally the "hair" girls... it is amazing the way they change their hair... up, down, left, right, tails, no tails... (Clara, Laia, Mariona -the longest hair!!- and Anna, on the right) Their speech was also excellent. They talked about our town, Caldes , and its most important places (It's strange they didn't mention any hairdresser's!!)

I hope you enjoy them!!

Welcome to Finland and Pornainen! We hope you'll have an unforgettable week

visiting our school Pornaisten ylaaste, our families, getting to know the nature and culture as its best in May 2008. This is a photo of our group. If you want to see more photos of our school click here

ryhmäkuva 004

Can you guess who is who?

TO THE FINNISH STUDENTS

The Catalan students are uploading their voices on their blogs. Listen to them. At the end of their speech there are a couple of questions. Can you send them a comment with the answers?

thanks!

Do you remember John Lennon and Yoko Ono's "Happy Xmas {War is Over)? You can sing and read the lyrics:

Yes, Christmas is over.

Thinking back to these last weeks: all this food, presents, meeting relatives, having meals, meeting friends, holidays, trips, shopping... I just have the feeling that everything is over, and that in many places nobody has celebrated Christmas. Instead, they have to fight against hunger, greed, poverty and even war.

In any case.. today... back to school!, back to a new year with new intentions and subjects, back to a new term with our batteries recharged and thinking that everything will go better, back to the same world with new illusions and looking forward to new smiles and hoping some of our wishes will come true.

To my students

You know that Christmas is celebrated in many different ways. Look at the following article and talk about your Christmas.

Caldes de Montbui
Pornainen

Dolors Permanyer teaches English at Secondary level in Caldes de Montbui (Barcelona, Spain) and holds a PHP on the use of ICT in EFL