Copyright (c) 2014 by Ms. H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ms. H -- Blogmeister

TopCatz Devour BLOGS!-

Being Our Best!

Where students explore the world and challenge their learning!

by Ms. H

TechCatz

Article posted March 27, 2013 at 01:55 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 13386

5th Graders the Month of April is Middle School Month.

The counselor and 8th graders will visit our classrooms and we will take a tour of Our Middle.

Here is the tour schedule:

9:45  Welcome and Meet 6th Grade AVID Students

9:55 - 10:40  Visit the AVID classroom

10:40 - 11:00  6th grade tour guides will take us around the school

11:00-11:45       Meet administrators, panel Q&A (Library)

What are you looking forward to about Middle School?  What questions do you have?  What do you think middle school will be like?

Article posted February 21, 2013 at 08:14 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 104

Class,

To complete our Diversity Lessons you have the following special assignment.  Create 7 things that tell the world how uniquely different you are!

What makes you YOU???????

You will need to post your list to your blog! Remember to not post your name or others name. Think of 6 things that describe who you are.  End with I am ME..

Here's Mine:

I am a teacher!

I am a Skier of Mountain Slopes

I am  a Hiker of Hills

I am an enjoyer of great books

I am a daughter of Dad

I love to laugh and smile

I am me!

Article posted January 4, 2013 at 09:58 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 99

Welcome 2013! 

We are working on class goals.. what do you have in mind for a goal to work on to get you ready for middle school?

Maybe it is getting good grades or turning in you work on time!  Being a better listener or going beyond on assignments!

What can you do to be your BEST !

Ms. Hinshaw

Article posted October 4, 2012 at 08:50 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 67

Top Cat Bloggers,

Your first blog assignment is to create a shout out! This is a message that welcomes everyone to our blog, much like a invite to a birthday party.  You tell the bloggers what you can expect from your blog and make them feel welcome. A shout out is a short no more than 2 sentence message.

You may now write your first article

Ms. H.

Article posted October 4, 2012 at 08:47 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 79

Dearest Bobcats!

Welcome to the world of blogging. Blogging allows students to connect to the world in order to share their thoughts, feelings, ideas, and wonders.  You will have a chance this year to learn about the amazing students in our class who will share there best books with you, and learn how to communicate with other clasrooms around the world.  Blogging is kinda like writing a letter but you need to follow a couple of rules.  Don't use your real name and never give out your location or address.  This keeps you safe online.

Always remember that what you put in your blog reflects who you are and what you say reflects our school and classroom.  So spell correctly, use full sentences, and be respectful and polite. As your teacher I will approve ever article you write before it is published to your blog so Be a TopCat Blogger.

Above all have fun!   Blogging is a great way to connect to the world!

Your Teacher,

Ms. H.

Article posted June 18, 2012 at 03:33 PM GMT-8 • comment (1) • Reads 107

5th Graders!

WOW what a year it has been.  We have had some very fun activities.  Most of us went to Mountain School, participated in the water field trips, and ran, jumped or threw their hardest at the Track Meet.  All of you have learned how to do better at being respectful and helping out others in our classroom.  Think of all the technology you can do even the BLOGS!.  

Please take a few mintues and write some words of advice to next year 5th graders.  Share with them what they should do to make their school year great!  What would you tell them to do? any thing not to do?  What about things they should know about working with Mrs. Howard or Ms. Hinshaw.  

I will be keeping the Blog up over the summer so feel free to share what you are doing,.

Have a great summer and best of luck in middle school.

Ms. Hinshaw

Article posted June 14, 2012 at 06:47 AM GMT-8 • comment (1) • Reads 103

WOW.. My fifth graders... your time at elementary school is quickly coming to an end. 

Let's take a look back...

What is one of your favorite things about elementary school?

Let's look ahead..

What are you looking forward to about middle school?

Mrs. Howard and I wish all of you good luck.  And remember "Be the Best Your Can Be"  Always.

Ms. Hinshaw!

Article posted February 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM GMT-8 • comment (2) • Reads 112

Students of Colonial Studies

As you start researching about what was life like in the colonies?  Do you think you could have survived the early days of settlement? 

What things would you have had to give up?  How would your life be different then it is today?  Post an  article today and tell us what you

think life was like for the early colonists.

Article posted December 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM GMT-8 • comment (1) • Reads 112

Dearest BoBCaTS 

This week is School Spirit Week Show off, be a school leader!   Dress up and have fun!

Be Proud of your School this Week!

Monday: Bobcat

Tuesday: Crazy Hair Day

Wednesday: Hat Day  and Popcorn from PTA

Thursday: Rainbow Day -   dress in Many Colors or just in one color!

Friday: Book Character Day!  and Book Exchange

Don't forget to bring a book for book exchange!

Article posted November 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM GMT-8 • comment (2) • Reads 95

A Shout Out is a message that has the possibility of being read all over the world. This will be your first Shout Out!  If you are up to it.   Think about what you are thankful for and let the whole world know!   Keep it safe, and remember not to share specific names or locations!.  

TopCatz 2012-2013
zTopCatz 2011 - 2012
ZTopDogz 2010-2011

Caring, Energized, and Fun Loving Class Seeks Classroom Connections Around the WORLD!

Email: topdogblog@rocketmail.com ClassBlogmeister: Yahoo Groups for Teachers http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/ group/classblogmeister/