Copyright (c) 2014 by 7th grade & Ms.Durff Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
7th grade & Ms.Durff -- Blogmeister

Study Skills Stories book now on sale -> Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

If we are not prepared be to wrong, we will never come up with anything original. Sir Ken Robinson

by 7th grade & Ms.Durff

BCA
Daily Scribe How to...
Prayer Requests
Videoconference guidelines
Student Wiki
Portrait Illustrator
Millennium Project 2007
Mr. E's World
Mr. Jacklin
Tag Generator
APA Format Style Guide
Find Creative Commons Photos
NoteStar
Poptropica
OurWorld
Mrs. B
Edmodo
BCA-STJ_Parable_Wiki
ITIL Certification
Car Parking Games

• Prayer

• Perform Hip Surgery

Then try Smallworlds OR Ourworld. I will give extra credit to anyone who posts a photograph (try a screenshot, paste into paint, and upload to Picnik) of their avatar from smallworlds on their blog.
  • Article posted May 24, 2011 at 02:29 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 16576

• Prayer

• Get your favorite sports team's scores and their scheduled next game by sending the team's name as a Google text message. For example, you can text Lakers to Google to get recent game results and the date of the next game. Usually, including the team's city in the search is not necessary. Google can provide scores for all of your favorite NBA, NHL, NFL, and NCAA teams. This service only works during the season. In other words, send a message to G-O-O-G-L and type the name of the team in a text message. Place the results on your blog. (If you don't own a cellphone, you may do this from the Google Search page). This text messaging search service is free from Google but charges from your carrier for usage may apply.
  • Article posted May 20, 2011 at 03:39 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 139

• Prayer

• Work on your script for your Commercial Podcasts:

1. Step 1

Jot down your ideas for your podcast—each idea should be centered around your main theme but should have its own twist. Start identifying the twist for the podcast.

2.Step 2

Consider your audience: What do you think they'll want to hear about in your podcast?

3. Step 3

Create an outline with a list of bulleted points that you plan to discuss.

4. Step 4

If you are planning to do an interview in your podcast, jot down the questions you plan to ask—this will make doing the interview easier for both you and the interviewee.

5. Step 5

Practice the script you've written. Do a read-through for a friend or family member to get his or her feedback.

6. Step 6

Rehearse together as a group!

Recording:

1. Open Audacity.

2. Put in your intro.

3. Record your main content.

4. Put in your outtro.

5. Listen to it & edit as needed.

6. Click File, then Export as MP3.

7. If the computer asks for the llame file, ask me to help you.

8. Save to your Z: Study Skills folder with the name of your class + Commercial = Ex: Latin Commercial

9. Fill in the title, artists (group name), Album (Study Skills Commercials), Year, Genre (Vocal) then click save. Note you leave Track # & Comments blank.

10. When you click save do not touch anything until the mp3 is made.

11. Log-in to Podomatic

12. Post your episode to our podcast. After you have the media uploading, type a title and a description of your commercial.

13. You may upload a picture but this is not required.

14. Type in three tags: 2009 studyskills commercials.

15. Click post episode.

16. Log Out of Podomatic!

17. Post your commercial on the wiki

Two things due today:

1. Scripts

2. Commercials on wiki

• Article posted May 16, 2011 at 06:44 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 97

• Prayer

Commercials -->Scripts/Design

ONLY AUDIO PODCASTS ARE REQUIRED.

Yesterday you picked partners, classes to advertise, a group name, & made a mindmap.

Today, your group needs to hand in a storyboard. The more detail on your storyboard, the better your finished product (and the higher the grade)

You may use flixtime, Animoto or whatever to make your commercial, as long as you create something attractive that is school appropriate.

(Reminder, an url does not a hyperlink make.TWO mindmaps were embedded=>BRAVO!)

You will post Commercials on a page you create on this wiki.

• Article posted May 16, 2011 at 06:35 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

• Prayer

• Look at BroadfordingSoundingBoard. Answer these questions about the hyperlinked wikipage on YOUR wiki page.

List 3 things that are very good about this wiki project. Write 3 paragraphs (there are how many sentences in a paragraph?) Consider:

* Content - clarity, quantity

* Communication - between the students as collaborators

* Wiki Presentation - design, use of graphics, layout

List 2 suggestions for improving the wiki page. Write two paragraphs. Consider:

* Content - clarity, quantity

List 1 piece of new knowledge your group has obtained thanks to this wiki page. Write one paragraph. Consider:

* Content - clarity, quantity

Commercials --> Brainstorming/DefineYou will produce a Commercial Podcast with a partner. Your task is to advertise a 7th grade class to the 6th graders. Today,

1. Choose a partner

2. Choose a 7th grade class to advertise (first come, first serve)

3. Begin to think of how your commercial will go

4. Complete a mindmap for your commercial. We have used several in this class. Put it on your blog.

5. Convey to me your group name and members without using your voice.

Work with your partner now. You will be recording in Audacity or on the Podomatic site. You will both record your commercial for 6th graders AND performing your commercial for the class. In the past, rap songs have worked the best.

• Article posted May 16, 2011 at 02:28 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

• Prayer

• Take a screen shot of your avatar in a virtual world, save the photo, upload the photo to the web (Photobucket) then using the html code on the wiki, place the photo on your blog. This is a review test, not optional, and worth 5 points.

How to take a screenshot in Windows XP

1. Press the "Prnt Scrn" button.

2. Open Microsoft Paint. To do this, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint. Click inside the white part of the screen.

3. Go to the Edit menu and click Paste. Then you may crop if you like.

4. Click File > Save As. In the box that pops up, change the "Save As Type" to JPG. Type in a filename for your image. Choose a place to save, like your thumbdrive, and click save.

5. You have now successfully taken a screenshot! Now use the html code to place it on your blog.

Finish your collaborative parable project. This is due by 8pm 5/13/2011!

• Article posted May 12, 2011 at 05:12 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

• Prayer

• Play the PeaceCorp Game and write a post about how you solved the problem. Don't forget the hyperlink and tags!

Finish your collaborative parable project within the next two days. This is due by 8pm 5/13/2011!

• Article posted May 11, 2011 at 02:36 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

• Prayer

Text messaging Polleverywhere is free but charges from your carrier for usage may apply. Ask your parents first!

• Take the Poll leaving your screenname.

• Read very carefully. I will not go over the directions with you.

1. Contact another person. Verbal speech/singing will disqualify you.

2. Find out what your contacted person had for breakfast today.

3. Show their answer to me in order to get your points.

4. Post their name/pseudo, location, relation to you, & how you contacted them on your blog.

1 point = someone in this room

2 points = someone in this school

3 points = someone in Maryland

4 points = someone in another state

5 points = someone in another country

6 points = someone on another continent

You may NOT talk or get out of your seat You may use any means at your disposal in order to contact this person.

Challenge ends 10 minutes before class ends.

Note: Those who have actual Shelfari's on their blog passed the test.
  • Article posted May 9, 2011 at 02:19 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

• Prayer

• Put a Shelfari on your blog. Can you figure out what to put on your Shelfari? Worth 5 pts.

• Finish any past due work.
  • Article posted May 5, 2011 at 05:34 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

• Prayer

Collaboration Project Workday

• Article posted May 3, 2011 at 03:30 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

2010-2011
    Essentials

I learn along with other people at BCA. Some of them are called students and some of us are called teachers but those definitions are more and more blurred - we are all learners here! Locations of visitors to this page