Copyright (c) 2014 by Mary Micikas Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mary Micikas -- Blogmeister

Why do we write?

Intro to Literature and Composition

We are a community of freshmen students who are learning about literature, becoming good readers and writers, and improving our understanding and use of the English language.

by Mary Micikas

Hello class!

Happy Friday and homecoming football/ pep assembly day!!! So today your task is to post on our blog an original piece of your own writing. You can write a story, a paragraph, a poem, a song, or anything else you can think of... make it interesting and fun for all of us to read.

Also, you need to comment on one other blog posting that another student in our class has written.

Have fun with this!

Hello class how are you all today? I hope that you are all getting this now.

Article posted October 20, 2006 at 04:55 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Hello class, welcome to our class blog!!! I think that we need a good name for our blog, so if anyone can think of a good name, send it to me with your post for today on the blog.

This is a space where I want you to write your own writing pieces, thoughts, responses, questions... and a place where we can comment and respond to each other.

For our Monster unit, we are going to use the blog to discuss the book, and specifically whether or not we think Steve is guilty. Today, I want you to write a paragraph about if you think Steve is guilty or innocent, and support your opinion with the examples you found yesterday in the book.

Later we will publish more open ended writing assignments and have a chance to read eachother's writing. Meanwhile, if you have a story, essay, poem, thought, quote... that you want to share with either me or the rest of the class, you may post it on our blog... just make sure that it is appropriate.

Thanks guys, and I want you to have fun with this!!!

Late we will have a chance to upload pictures and images and maybe even create our own podcasts!

But right now, get to work on your essay!

Intro to Lit and comp

I am a student teacher at Abraham Lincoln High School.