Copyright (c) 2014 by Terry Smith Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Terry Smith -- Blogmeister

Mr. Smith's Blogging Community

WWW.SMITHBLOGGERS.ORG

See educational technology links and videos on the Classroom Web and on multiple Wiki pages. This blog is no lobger being used by kids because Mr. Smith has moved to higher education - Western Illinois University. Please browse through the articles here to see how many different ways that kids can learn with blogging around the world. Oh, for rock and roll fans, here is a vdeo from our annual Winter Air Guitar Party AIR Guitar Link

Kidlink Landmark 2014 Games - The Project starts again in February. Last year we had so many participants that we had to create Group A and group B in the primary Games. We still had only one section in the Challenge Group (older students). Let's see what happens this coming year in the 2014 Games!

by Terry Smith

Meyer's Blogs
Livewires - NZ
Ms. Tarasevich - Russia
Ms. Smith's 5th
Mrs. Black -Naches, WA
Higgs Class UK
Uganda Friends
Postage Stamp Voicethread

Title: Paid to Learn? (08/07/08)

Think about this idea. Kids go to school for many reasons: to know how to make friends, to know how to share and learn from each other, and to improve their skills in many areas like math, science, reading, and so forth. Be honest. Do you think kids should be paid to go to school? If so, please explain at least two good reasons why kids should be paid. If not, also give two good reasons.

I wish would could get money to do work in school. We could get five dollars for each A in the classroom and every b and c we would get 1 dollar and every f or d we would get nothing. I know two reasons we cant get money for doing work in school because the teacher dosen't have enough money for every kid that's gets a,b and c the other reason is we should do it any way so its gives us more education for school. We should get paid for school so we can get more educational stuff for the school and stuff to save the poor.That's why you should and shouldn't get money for school bye.

The book Sounder is really good so far. It was right after slavery. This is what happened so far. chapter1: This little boy had a dog. The dog's name was Sounder. The little boy had a dad and Sounder liked to go hunting with the little boy's dad. Then one day Sounder was not there. Some people came. Took his dad and the people also shot his dog. The next day the little bot went somewhere and then he found Sounder's ear where they had shot Sounder at. He took it home. Then he put it under his pillow and he said he heard that if you sick something under your pillow and then it will come true. But I did not believe that. Stay toon!!

My Last Class

From NPR: Letters to President Obama from students in the 4th, 5th and 6th grades at Eagle's Nest Intermediate School on the Navajo Nation reservation in Tuba City, Arizona.

Special Links
Taiwan Food Project
Air Guitar

Our Podomatic Page