Copyright (c) 2014 by Maria Knee Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Maria Knee -- Blogmeister

The KinderKids' Blog

The 2012 KinderKids

We want to share our work with our families and the world.

by Maria Knee

Deerfield Community School
Room 4 Brightwater in NZ
Kool Kowhai - a class in New Zealan
Mrs. Blakely's Kindergarten
Counting to 100 wiki
Mrs. Laskowsky
Prep Gems in Australia
Parent Information
KinderKids Learning Page
Mrs. Cassidy's Class, Moose Jaw SK
Miss B's Kindergarten
Mrs B's Class, Squamish BC
Ms Hayes Class in New Zealand
SInging and Dancing Symbaloo
Australian Animal Wiki

Article posted July 30, 2013 at 02:23 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 24182

After many years of living at this blog address, The KinderKids Blog is moving to a new address. The move comes with mixed emotions for me, Maria Knee. This was my first online home and as there is with any "first home", there is so much history here. This is where I grew up with so many folks from around the world. Thank you, David Warlick for developing and supporting this classroom blogging platform. It has been wonderful.

I look forward to continuing the connections and the learning in our new home at Edublogs. It seems to be a better fit for us now. So, dear friends, please come find us at  http://thekinderkids.edublogs.org/  Our school year begins August 28th. Please let us know that you've found us and add our address to your blogroll.

Screen shot 2013-07-30 at 2.30.55 PM

Article posted July 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 260

The KinderKids thought about all the things they did in kindergarten and made of list to tell you what they remembered. We all agreed that it was a great year.

Article posted June 30, 2013 at 09:11 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 273

We have been taking care of tadpoles for about 8 weeks. We watched them change and grow. It is time to take them back to the wetland where we found the eggs in April. We said goodbye and told them to take care and stay safe. Releasing the Frogs on PhotoPeach

Article posted June 20, 2013 at 09:17 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 235

We had a great field trip to Odiorne State Park to explore the tidepools and the Seacoast Science Center.

Article posted June 8, 2013 at 02:39 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 316

Our playground was wet and covered with puddles after a heavy rain. Nevaeh had an idea to use chalk and color in some of the cracks in the blacktop. Everyone joined in for some creative fun.

Article posted May 31, 2013 at 09:28 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 455

We couldn't think of a better way to learn about water and stay cool on one of the hottest days this year. We learned about making streams, rivers, ponds and ocean. We worked together and had lots of fun. We did get wet and a bit dirty. Collin said, "Kids are about getting dirty." We all think that playing is an important part of learning and that's why Mrs. Knee LOVES kindergarten! Thank you Mrs. Heon for taking all the pictures and making this movie for our blog.

Article posted May 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 300

For the rest of the year, we are doing a water study. We are learning about the water cycle. we made a movie to show what we learned. We hope it can help you learn about the water cycle too.

Article posted May 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 387

We are lucky to have a wetland beside our school. In the early spring, we could hear the wood frogs.

We collected a group of eggs from the wetland.

eggs

In one week they hatched.

We have had our tadpoles for a few weeks. We noticed many changes since they first emerged from the frog spawn.

They are bigger.

They are not black.

The tails are longer.

They grew!

You can see the eyes.

You can see the mouth.

Some are smaller. There are different sizes.

We made some sketches of our growing tadpoles. We wonder when they will grow legs.

Article posted May 16, 2013 at 03:45 PM GMT-5 • comment (5) • Reads 284

We had a party for our moms.

We decorated the room so the moms could have places to sit.

We made a cake for our mothers.

We made lemonade with lemons and sugar and water for them.

We served our moms cake and lemonade.

When we opened the door, it was exciting to see our moms at school.

We went out of the room to find our moms.

We sang for our moms.

We gave our moms presents.

We made pictures of our mom.

We wrote about our moms.

We gave petunias to our moms and they were different colors - red, dark pink, purple and light purple.

We made a thumbprint necklace for our moms.

It was good because we got to see our moms at school.

It felt good because we got to spend time with our moms.

Article posted April 14, 2013 at 03:16 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 409

A self portrait is a picture of someone that is drawn by that person. We used mirrors to look at our faces closely. We noticed lines and shapes on our faces. We drew what we saw and when we finished, we had a self portrait.

We used our found objects and beautiful stuff to copy our self portrait. Now we had two portraits. One we drew and one we made from found objects.

We liked finding things that would go with our drawings to make our faces. We used things to make our pictures colorful, like yarn for our hair. It was fun to think of new ways to use our found objects and to think about making portraits in different ways.

The 2012 KinderKids

How Many Visitors? Locations of visitors to this page