Copyright (c) 2014 by Alfonso Gonzalez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alfonso Gonzalez -- Blogmeister

Chimacum's Science Blogs-

Mr. Gonzalez's Science Classes

by Alfonso Gonzalez

Huzzah
Blogs by the Sea
Mr. Miller's Class Blog
Making Waves in 6th Grade
Broadbent Blues
Fascinating Phenology

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 04:05 PM GMT-7 • comment (3) • Reads 582

Our amazing water quality project has come to an end. Students have been busy the last few weeks sharing presentations of their work with each other, writing final conclusion blogs (#comments4kids), and self-assessing their understandings of the Science standards that most closely fit our project.

Since we are beginning a completely different unit studying physical science students who are not done with any of the above can access any of it from home to finish. Their goal is to have all this work done by March 28 for student-led conferences! Parents don't forget that you can see what we're doing in Science by visiting my HW/Daily work site.

Chimacum Creek, both Forks and Mouth.

Here is a picture of the Pacific Northwest Peninsula. We find it on a map of WA state by looking for the peninsula that looks like a dragon. The dragon's head is where Port Townsend can be found while just south of there, where the heart of the dragon would be, we find Chimacum and Port Hadlock and Port Ludlow. On this image you can see the two forks of our creek. It's the west fork that passes through our campus so that is the one that we get all our data from.

Slightly more detailed view of Chimacum Creek, both forks, as they lead to the mouth.

This image is a zoomed in view of the first image. This one allows a slightly more detailed view of Chimacum Creek, including both the West and East Forks.

Article posted February 28, 2012 at 01:51 PM GMT-7 • comment (1) • Reads 95

My job is dizzolved oxygen wich is the long term for D.O. And dizzolved oxygen is what fish breathe.The best levels are 5.0 and up to at least 18.0 anything below or above is a form of polution .Our hear average is 8.125 and thats great!

PH is short for positive hydrogen and the years average was 6 and that means good! Once again the levels are good .

Turbitity means how clear the water is and the years average is 44.7 and that means its good! Wich is the types time ive wrote so chimucum creek must be good.

Nitrates is a mix of one nitrogen molecule and three oxygen molecules and the years average was 0.3 that means its good man ! This creek is good .

Ammonia is a gas wich can kill alot of fish wich is sad :(

The year average is 1.6 wich is impossible because we've seem fish and this level would mean the fish would be dead see!

Flow rate is the flow of the creek and it's to find the speed of the creek and the speed is 1,972. If it's too fast and too slow it's bad.

Tempurtere is too find the tempature of the creek .If the tempature is too hot or too cold the fishes will die .the year average isn27*c which is alright .