Copyright (c) 2014 by Alfonso Gonzalez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alfonso Gonzalez -- Blogmeister

Chimacum's Science Blogs-

Mr. Gonzalez's Science Classes

by Alfonso Gonzalez

Huzzah
Blogs by the Sea
Mr. Miller's Class Blog
Making Waves in 6th Grade
Broadbent Blues
Fascinating Phenology

Article posted January 1, 2012 at 04:46 PM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 398

Here's a sample of what 8th graders finished learning before winter break. We used compound microscopes and digital microscopes to discover whether all lving things are indeed made of cells. We tried to find evidence that the things we found were living things by seeing if they had all the characteristics of living things that we came up with together.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 11:22 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 63

These are pictures of Paramecium they are swimming around in water this is evidence that they are living! Me and my class had a vial full of them and we used an microscope and studied them watching them move also watching them eat! What my teacher Mr. Gonzalez did was die the yeast that they eat red and put it with the Paramecium. To see if they ate the yeast we looked to see if they had red on them. There was a problem that some of the water absorbed the red die so it was kind of red but if we looked good enough we saw that they did eat some! Watch this video and see for yourself(I'm sorry the video taker i used speeds it up so pause or slow the video down if you want).

Paramecium!

ย 

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM GMT-7 • comment • Reads 55

Me and my partner Hadlei got an Elodea sample to see if we could find any but our sample was infested with Paramecium! There was so much and when i went to look over our video I didnt really see any Elodea although my teacher got e video of Elodea moving i did not! But look at my video and see how much Para