Copyright (c) 2014 by N Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
N -- Blogmeister

Noah the Amateur Film Maker's Blog-

by N teacher: Elise Mueller

Happy new year Larrabee! My blog is no longer on the home-page or visited anymore but I still try not to forget it's existence and have finally got around to writing on it. I have noticed hat my viewsare in the 400's and wonder who could've looked on it? I'm enjoying Fairhaven middle school and the homework isn't to bad.

I think the 5th graders will enjoy middle school next year.

Yesterday we had the Immigration Unit. My character was yelled at and was immediately deported. I wasn't allowed to appeal and was given another chance to fill out the checklist. I followed Ms. Mueller's advice and bribed and the official yelled that I was a "AN IDIOTIC PEST WHO DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE IN AMERICA" Although everyone else bribed. I was one of three people who was deported. I did not go to six of the stations. When I was done I tried to talk to other people but was yelled at. I cried for a short time because I had spent a lot of time working on the character and barely got any respect and no chance to go to the fun stations. I was also not alowed to go to the station to see my western student. I want to do it over again and be treated nicely.

-Noah

This is my characters letter to someone in America.

Dear Mr. Williamson of Williamson & Co. Real Estate,

I have purchased tickets it’s final. I am traveling on board the Grosser Kurfurst. My bank here is not doing well since my partner Wolfgang disappeared. He owned the building and its new owners don’t want the bank in their household. I will miss the German baking.

The my house I have chosen your 12th street building it seems good for my business there’s mostly wealthy people in the area. I will be able to pay credit on the rent. My English is gut (good) but I am not yet fluent. I have a first class cabin I have heard that the processors will let me skip Ellis Island. Is this true?

- Conrad Von Bruen

Article posted May 3, 2007 at 07:59 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 65

Our class has started the immigration unit. The immigration unit is a program where our class works with college students, we are assigned characters and we act out what happens at Ellis island. The other class that did the unit had everyone make it through Ellis island, in our simulation poeple will be deported. Immigration is when people are having trouble in their country and decide move to America. They take the risk of being sent back on the long horrible ride home agian. They are very brave. I am a German man named Conrad Von Bruen. I am a wealthy bussinessman. I think I will have lots of fun with my character.

I think the WASL is way easyier than last year. last year I rushed through and didn't have as much help from teachers before the test. This year they give lots of WASL pre tests. What do you think about the WASL to hard? To easy?

!

Ms. Conlon can you guess the title of this poem?

Stars and atoms have no size,

They only vary in men's eyes.

Men and instruments will blunder

Calculating things of wonder.

A seed is just as huge a world

As any ball the sun has hurled.

Stars are quite as picayune

As any splinter of the moon.

Time is but a vague device;

Space can never be precise;

Stars and atoms have a girth,

Small as zero, ten times Earth.

There is by God's swift reckoning

A universe in everything.

by A. M. Sullivan

Please respond Ms. Conlon, Can anyone else guess?

Visit my new wikispace at: [LINK]

We got the grant! I am project managing the claymation projects. So far there are projects on bullying, what we do in our classroom, science, and math. Ryan is managing all of the podcast projects and is soon going to podcast assemblies. Miles is doing science videos. Oscar is doing a grant documentary. We can't wait to get the equipment!

Article posted December 12, 2006 at 06:10 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 51

Ms. Mueller found a grant for a computer and I finished my film!

I have been looking for websites that have instructions for making movies so others can make movies too.

Here is one:

www.photojojo.com/content/tutorials/stop-motion-digital-camera/