Copyright (c) 2014 by Mark Ahlness Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mark Ahlness -- Blogmeister

Mighty Writers 2011-12
-

From the third graders in room 12 at Arbor Heights Elementary

by Mark Ahlness

Arbor Heights School
2005-06 roomtwelve.com
Edinger House, NYC
Mr. Crosby's 4th grade, Nevada
Mr. Brune's 5th Graders, NY
Write on! 5th grade, MN
Mr. Noon's 6th grade, AK
Mrs. Cassidy's 1st Grade, Canada
Classroom info on our school wiki
Top Dog Blog
Mrs. Kenyon's 3rd graders, IL
Humphreys Elem. 3rd graders - CA
Mr. Gonzalez' 5th grade - Seattle
Mrs. Ruffing, grades 3-8, PA
Mr. A's blog
Hummingbird cam!
Solar System For Kids
Youth Group Games

On December 5, 2006, I hosted a Family Internet Night in Room 12 at Arbor Heights Elementary in Seattle. Families were encouraged to come and learn about the classroom blog at roomtwelve.com – and to talk about online safety for the kids.

Lights and SnowflakesTurnout was great, I thought. Eight families came, a total of 25-30 people filled the room. We turned out the classroom lights, turned on the holiday lights that encircle the room, fired up the laptop and projector on the PowerPoint presentation, and we were off, for about an hour.

I recorded the audio on a little mp3 player/recorder strapped to my arm. The audio is 41 minutes long. It is NOT a professional presentation by any means, but it IS a genuine conversation with a third grade teacher, his kids, and their parents – all struggling together to learn and understand what this all means…

The podcast (4.8 MB) runs 41 minutes.

The PowerPoint presentation (1.5 MB) guided the conversation.

Listening suggestion: Follow along with the PowerPoint presentation while listening to the audio. On the other hand, the audio stands on its own pretty well, I think.

Article posted December 28, 2006 at 12:33 AM • comment (1) • Reads 91 • see all articles

Room Twelve
Room Twelve Alumni

I am Mark Ahlness, the teacher in Room Twelve. Email: mahlness@halcyon.com

Subscribe to roomtwelve.com:

qrcode