Copyright (c) 2016 by gordon Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

rHIqziPcoHAe-

gordon

J8gLmJ http://www.FyLitCl7Pf7kjQdDUOLQOuaxTXbj5iNG.com

by gordon

Article posted May 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 517

Day 13 Hunger Games Ch 25-27 responses

As the Hunger Games come to their conclusion, a few things come to mind.

1.) Making a text to text connection, compare / contrast the response of the farm animals in Animal Farm, when the pigs walked out of the house wearing clothes and on two legs, to the choice Katniss and Peeta have to make at the end of Ch 24 when the Gamesmakers change the rules again.

2.) Make a text to text connection to our Social Studies book Chapter 11 for the choice Katniss and Peeta made at the end of Ch 24 to that of the social studies content.

3.) Muttations are the name of the creatures in the arena.  Mutt is a name for a mongrel dog, and a mutation is a change.  Using these clues, explain why muttations is an appropriate name for these creatures.  What were they really?

4.)  Was Katniss playing the game all along or did she really have / develop feelings for Peeta?  What is your proof?

5.) Why were Katniss and Peeta in more trouble out of the arena than inside it after the games were over?

6.)  What do you think the future holds for winners of the Hunger Games, especially given the disobedience they showed to the Capital.  Refresh my memory, how did Katniss & Peeta force the hand of the Capital during the Hunger Games?

7.) Given that Katniss and Peeta will be making the rounds of all of Panam, what do you predict will happen?  What new conflicts may they face?

8.) Overall, give your honest feedback on the Hunger Games.  Did it live up to the "hype" that I gave it?  What was your favorite part?  Are you going to read book 2?

Article posted May 12, 2011 at 01:24 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 191

Hunger Games Day 12 Ch 23-24

1.) Day12 brought about the introduction of a new element into the game, strange creatures.  Without reading ahead, and knowing that the gamesmakers continually introduce changes to keep the game interesting.  Describe what you think the creatures may look  like / be like.  Illustrate them here as well.

2.) How do you think this might change the game with only three players left?  What do you think happened to Thresh?  Could these creatures be involved with that?

3.) Making T-W connections, compare our year of MeyerIsland to the Hunger Games.  How do you think you'd do in the Hunger Games?  

4.) Do you think that the tributes who go into the Hunger Games knowing what the games are about, had an advantage in being successful, as compared to you students who "might" or "might not" know the game of Survivor?

5.) What happened to Foxface?  How did she die?  What connection does Katniss make about how she died and a mystery she was wondering about?

Article posted May 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 224

Hunger Games Day 11 CH 21-22

1.) Describe the gathering at the cornucopia.  Was the risk worth the reward for Katniss?  What did she do to Peeta to keep him from coming?

2.) Describe the incident with Clove and Thresh.  What was surprising about this?  Why did Thresh do what he did?  

3.)Does this change your opinion of him since his interview before the games started?  Why or why not?

4.) Describe a time when someone did you a favor.  How did you feel owing someone?

5.) Katniss and Peeta’s relationship takes a turn.  Describe how Peeta and Katniss’s relationship mirrors that of their parents?

Article posted April 25, 2011 at 10:33 AM GMT-5 • comment (7) • Reads 118

Hunger Games Day 4 questions Ch 7-8

Ch. 7

1.)What are some of the special training sessions that the tributes can attend?  What one(s) would you want to do?

2.) Do Katniss and Peeta enjoy having to be full time partners?

3.) What does Katniss do in her private session with the Gamemakers?

4.)Why did Katniss react the way she did while in her private session?  Do you think that will affect her score in a good or bad way?

Ch. 8

5.) How did the group cheer Katniss up?

6.) What was Peeta's score? Do you feel he deserved it?

7.) What was Katniss's score?  Do you feel she deserved it?

8.) What does Gale mean to Katniss?  Compare that to how she feels about Peeta.

9.) Do you think Katniss could feel that way about Peeta?

Article posted October 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 105

Here is my current event article

Here is a picture of the groovy band.

Article posted February 24, 2009 at 09:02 AM GMT-5 • comment (19) • Reads 110

In the chapter "We Shop for Water Beds" it is implied that Percy does away with Crusty.  Crusty was torturing the kids, and Percy tricks him into a trap.  Percy could've showed mercy, but instead chooses justice.

• Why would the author choose to make the hero do such a thing?

• What is gained from such an act / choice by the main character?

• Do you think less or more of Percy for doing this?

Article posted February 19, 2009 at 08:43 AM GMT-5 • comment (21) • Reads 139

Please list at least three (3) text connections that you have used to better understand the story thus far. 

• What type of connections are you finding yourself making the most?  (Text-World, Text-Self, Text-Text, Text-Within-Text)

Article posted February 2, 2009 at 07:36 AM GMT-5 • comment (18) • Reads 107

There is an old expression that goes like this, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

• What do you think this statement means?

• How is it applicable to Animal Farm?

• What "plan" did our founding fathers of this nation have to ensure this didn't happen? - be specific in your expaination of how / what / why (think of our analysis of the executive branch)

Article posted January 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM GMT-5 • comment (26) • Reads 103

We just started reading Animal Farm, a dramatic reading based on the 1946 novel written by George Orwell. 

• What was going on in the world around 1946 to inspire Mr. Orwell to write this book?

• What is the basic plot so far? and what does that have to do with our study of American History in Social Studies?

• What character do you most identify with right now?  Why?

Article posted February 18, 2008 at 02:28 PM GMT-5 • comment (22) • Reads 106

What would you be willing to do at home / ahead of time to give us more working time in school to use the computer lab?

Keep in mind that the computer lab is usually empty in the mornings! What requires little teacher instruction that you would be willing to do on your own (or with little help)?

Or is this asking too much of kids?